PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving OMC dbl header FT racing

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 09:47 AM
This wk marks the second wk of our OMC Indoor FT series.Every thanksgiving wk end is dbl. head wk end and usually has a great turn out.
This year we had a few more kids new to racing. I remember 2 years ago,my Daughter was the ONLY mini and went out and showed them all that minis are fun to race too!!! Well. I think it started an epedemic of mini FT racers. We now have approx. 10-12 kids and thats with a few not showing every race.
I have got some short clips and a few pics of the wk end and Ill do my best in btween all us racing to give more race coverage throughout the series :)

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 09:51 AM
I cant believe how fast some of the kids can GO!:macho we really have some great kids racing this year and I cant wait to see where they will be in there racing 10 years from now ...:cool:
This lil guy raced the Beg. class and took 1st place in the main aboard his Alpha sport

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 09:52 AM
sorry for the quility of some of the pics, as most of you know my camera is not that great :o :rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 09:57 AM
My son used to ride his Viper in the Beg. class,but in the mian they moved hm up to the modified 90 class due to him lapping riders, he was pretty stoked to get to move up, I wasa little nervous becuase that class is so fast, but he was too fast for the Beg. class as well.... Bubba is now the big contender in the Beg. class

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:04 AM
the spectators REALLY digs the kids ;)

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:06 AM
This lil guy is the next to get modified. His Dad asked us to help get him Son set up for the next round in Jan. Im going to do a some interviewing with these kids throughout the season and Ill post those interviews!!

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:09 AM
This is a few of the riders in the Modified 90 class. Exrider Fastbikes Son Austin out from on his sweet modified Predator 90.This kid races fast and hard!!! Hei is only 7 and rides like the big boys. :cool: . Austin took 1st place in the heat and 3rd place in main. Good job Austin!!!

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:10 AM
lining up.. This had to be the nuttiest race Ive EVER seen with the minis. I wish I had it on short clip. There was so much dicing and tire packin going on I think I knawed a hole threw my knuckle! lol

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:12 AM
#8 Brandon Lugan(my lil man) totally showed how he could hang with these fast riders and went from last place on the line up to an impressive 2nd place!!:blah:

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Austin and LilQJ are always the top contenders in the modified class. Austin had pole position and kept the holeshot threw until the second lap,he goes wide and Kelsey takes over 1st place.In this pic they are baltting in out in corner 2!:macho

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Brandon Lugan still determined to be up front and make is big Sis settle for 2nd!:o

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Brandon goes one more lap and was so hot in the corner he nearly went into a full spin and almost hit a hay bail, but he was right on it and corrected himself and missed the bail

QuadJunkies
11-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Brandon passes Austin on his predator on the outside:eek: and gains to 2nd position and the winners are......

1st place~~ Kelsey Lugan
2nd place~~ Brandon Lugan
3rd place Austin George

I an sooo very proud of all the kids and Im a very proud Mom of my kids ;) I feell very privedged to be able to not only support my kids racing, but to also include myself and my family as a whole in this sport...:)

Congratulations to all the kids and good luck on tonights rce!!!

I also will race full race coverage with short clips and pics of the Am,Inter. and Pro class in the racing section a little later tonight...

I would also liek to add, we had some NASTY wrekc this wk end and I want give a shout outto Fastbikes. She raced her Honda 450r in the womens class last night and was pinned under her quad in a roll over and had to be taken to the hospital. seh is OK but she had us all scared... Speedy recovery....;) Tina

QuadJunkies
11-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Sat. night seemed to run MUCH smoother for all the classes, track conditions were very tacky until the main and it started to bluegroove.none of these kids runs slicks so hook up seemed to be a little difficult. My kids both run the same class now, and both of them were doing a little rubbin for 1st place!!

Once again all the kids done a great job. I have short clips mini quads (http://www.quadjunkies.neptune.com)
The files are albums one and two they arent the best, but I tried ;)

1st place in the Beg class goes to: Bubba Osmus(alphasport 90)
2nd place went to Micheal ?(Eton viper 50)

Modified class
1st place Kelsey Lugan
2nd place Brandon Lugan
3rd place Austin George