PDA

View Full Version : Torque specs needed for 300ex crank case cover

Ben
04-19-2002, 06:12 AM
My 300ex service manual has not arrived yet and I plan on doing some work this weekend. Can someone give me the torque specs for the right side crank case cover bolts. Thanks in advance.

Scott
04-19-2002, 08:14 AM
I've got a 300 manual at the house, I'll try to remember to look them up for you and post them tonight (Friday). It will probably be 6PM or later.

Or you could call you local dealership if you didn't want to wait.

Ben
04-19-2002, 03:49 PM
Thanks for your help and idea on calling the Honda ship, I hadn't thought of that. Luckily, however, my service manual arrived when I started working on the bike. What a stroke of luck. Thanks again. :)

Scott
04-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Well just in case anyone else wants to know, or in case they've changed it from the 96 manual I have (in that case, you can tell me:D ) mine says it's a 6mm dia bolt, probably marked with a 4 on the bolt head, and the torque spec is 9 ft-lbs. If by some chance it has a 7 on the head, it's got a torque range of 7-10 ft-lbs. So either way, 9 should be fine.

The pathetic thing is that I forgot I had the manual and called a buddy with a question the last time I was working on mine (axle bearing carrier replacement). So I have a manual that has never been used till today... Lot of good it's been doing me on the bookshelf!