PDA

View Full Version : Removing electrical from bottom end

edz250r
11-26-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm having a shop rebuild my bottom end. Is there a way to remove the wires that run into the stator or do I have to disconnect the wires from the cdi box, etc and leave all the wiring attached to the bottom end when I bring it in? I'm guessing that the only way to remove the wires is to pull the stator, but I really dont want to do that.

joedirt
11-27-2004, 07:06 AM
With an 8mm socket you can remove all the electrics that come from your quad. 3 bolts hold the stator in and 2 hold the pick-up on. Oh yeah you need a flywhell remover (always good to get one and keep it in your tool box).

ZRider400
11-27-2004, 12:21 PM
you will have to get a fly wheel puller and take off the fly wheel to get to the electrical.

edz250r
11-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys...thats what I figured.

Is the shop going to have a tough time getting the flywheel and stator off the engine if it isn't bolted to the frame? I'm thinking about just bringing in the whole engine with electrical wires still attached, but I dont know if they can yank and pull the stator off the engine if its not secure. I dont feel like going through the hassle of buying a flywheel remover and removing the flywheel and stator myself.

Roostin250R
11-29-2004, 11:25 AM
I send my engine out all the time WITH the wires still attached, no big deal. It should'nt be a problem for your engine builder.