PDA

View Full Version : Good woods cam?

Martin Blair
11-26-2004, 08:09 PM
What is a good cam for stock motor and tight woods? Where we race xc in MO thir are tons of rack and I need alot of low end but not like hotcam stage 1 I still want some top end. The only motor mods Im going to have is a full Yoshi TRS, and a Uni with no lid, and whatever cam I decide on. I am looking at the o4 crf but do you lose any low end with this cam? I want a all arround better cam, like the xr cam for the 400ex.

11-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
What is a good cam for stock motor and tight woods? Where we race xc in MO thir are tons of rack and I need alot of low end but not like hotcam stage 1 I still want some top end. The only motor mods Im going to have is a full Yoshi TRS, and a Uni with no lid, and whatever cam I decide on. I am looking at the o4 crf but do you lose any low end with this cam? I want a all arround better cam, like the xr cam for the 400ex.

get the crf450 2004 or 2002 cam dude...i hear its pretty tight...check it out on www.trx450r.org they have a review of it...but ima prolly go with the stage 2 hotcam :macho

holeshot19
11-26-2004, 10:44 PM
i have a full duncan fat boy 4 and a stage 1 cam i pulls great , if you were running stock exaust i would say stage 2