PDA

View Full Version : bearing carrier problem

j400ex18
11-26-2004, 07:15 PM
i was riding today and my bearing carrier broke well the part of it that you put the allen wrench in to tighten or loosen the chain it just broke right there what would cause that to happen so i can prevent it from happing again thanks.

K_Fulk
11-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Maybe your bearing carrier broke on the inside of the swingarm? Did it brake while you were riding? hard to tell if you cant see it.

The aftermarket carriers are quite a bit more durable.

j400ex18
11-27-2004, 06:46 AM
yeah it broke while i was riding on a trail

BSTURDIVANT
11-27-2004, 08:57 AM
Bearings usually go bad and break the carrier.

Chino
11-27-2004, 11:13 AM
After the St. Clairsville GNCC on the 3rd lap my carrier was trashed and it caused me to DNF. When i was disassembling (sp) the quad, the carrier was melted to the axle with a big hole in it and broken in 3 spots, b/c lack of maintenance and i wasn't aware the bearings were gone. This was a very costly mistake, due to all the play in the rearend it completly trashed my whole rearend, i needed a new axle,sprocket,rotor hub assembly,carrier,all the bolts in the sprocket hub were ground down due to the play in the axle and they were rubbing on the chain. I cannot stress how important it is to keep your bearings maintained and know what condition they are in. After every other, if not every race, my whole rearend will come apart be cleaned properly examined, greased and re assembled.

thame2010
11-27-2004, 12:21 PM
yes, it is vital to make maintenance to your rear bearings. One time I was riding on the dunes and I heard a weird sound on the rear, then I checked the carrier and it was "destroyed". Now I have a custom made one and it's good until now, with good maintenance, but soon I'll be getting a Burgard carrier.
Remember to maintain your carrier, and as of now. You should be getting an aftermarket one.

Greetings

Ralph
11-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Replace it wiht a burgard dual row carrier. You can order them from C&D racing. You shouldnt have to worry all too much about that one cracking but you should still grease the bearing somewhat regularly.