PDA

View Full Version : I raced a Zilla today

440ex2001
11-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Well, I got my 440 broke in and decided to give my buddies lt500 another try. Don't get me wrong I new i had no chance but i just wanted to see how much stronger my quad is after my port&polish and ross 440 11:1 piston install. Before he killed be from bottom to top. This time I actually pulled on him until we hit 4th then it was bye bye. He walked away pretty fast after that. I was still really pleased in the power that the ross kit puts out. I was not expecting to actually stay with him and even pull ahead an inch or two. If only I could think of something to help out on top end. Right now I have the 440 kit,P&P head,hotcam stage 1,and a wb slip on. I guess I need to save up for a full exhuast a better cam and a FCR carb. Then Maybe I'll be able to hang with him till 5th :)

mojoe2878
11-26-2004, 06:21 PM
get the full exhaust and try the stage 2 hot cam, you wont get anymore top end as far as speed but the stage 2 will give you better top end performance. if you want more top end speed try a bigger sproket but it will hurt your acceleration.

n00b on a 400ex
11-26-2004, 07:40 PM
i wish i had a quadzilla...thatd be awesome