PDA

View Full Version : Quad or Truck?

Ryan
11-26-2004, 02:50 PM
I have my 400ex right now, but haven't had it running in about 2 months because of some clutch problem. I probably could get it fixed, but my quad has been giving me alot of problems. To many things keep going wrong with it.

Im now in need of a car. I would like to get a truck, but I would need to sell the quad. I know if I sell the quad, I might not get another one anytime soon, or at all. Theres nothing more I love then to go out riding my quad, but im going to need something on the road.

Im undecided on what I want to do. Im curious to know what you people would do?

Thanks.

FasstMidnightZ
11-26-2004, 02:52 PM
sell the quad get the truck , get a good job and save up and get another quad or get the one u have fixed

zephead400ex
11-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Do what your finances allow man. I think you've already answered your own question:)

Hondadudeehhhh
11-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
sell the quad get the truck , get a good job and save up and get another quad or get the one u have fixed

i dont think you understand what gas and insurence costs, we all wish everything was that easy.

Honestly, i would get a truck. You need something to legally get you from point A to point B. A quad wont do that, especially one with problems

quad
11-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Find an old beater,car or truck......Then you can have both!! :p

Mxjunkie
11-26-2004, 03:22 PM
im happy i didnt get that quad lol

WOracing
11-26-2004, 03:26 PM
whats wrong with the POS grand am in your profile:confused: :blah:

Butters
11-26-2004, 04:27 PM
i would sell the quad. like every else stated you can always save and get another but in my opinion a vehicle will always be more important than a quad.

Out_Sider
11-26-2004, 04:34 PM
im in the same boat as you Ryan, im gettin close to where its either a truck or the quad. and its really really hard to let go of the quad, but im afraid it may have to go :( . it really sucks tho cuz i had alot of good plans for it this winter and high hopes for this next racing season, but if i can't have a truck if i keep the quad.. i think its gonna have to go :ermm:

Metzroth
11-26-2004, 08:27 PM
I fear I may soon face the same problem that you do. Turning 15 this winter and I know im going to need a truck for the kind of work I'm going to end up doing. If I could find a job right now and save about a grand, I think I could keep the quad. Anyone know of places that hire 14-15 year old?

bigfoot300ex
11-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Metzroth
I fear I may soon face the same problem that you do. Turning 15 this winter and I know im going to need a truck for the kind of work I'm going to end up doing. If I could find a job right now and save about a grand, I think I could keep the quad. Anyone know of places that hire 14-15 year old?
try carwashes thats a great place to work
around here we have the drive through was and then your car gets hand dried . if you have a local car-wash like that....try it
also resturants are another place that will hire younger workers

Metzroth
11-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Ty for info I'll call some places tomorrow. Dunno if we even have ne hand carwashes lol.

brif
11-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Get rid of the quad and get yourself some real wheels. Quads are alot of fun but a vehicle = independace for someone your age. Some where down the line as your finances allow get yourself another quad. Right now a vehicle should be #1. This will allow you to get to the job, to make the money, to get yourself another quad.
In my area unfortunatly a 14-15 year-olds are kinda screwed as far as getting a job( with the exception of some summer help). When you hit 16 though, more things open up to ya. I'm not trying to discourage you. Good luck in your decision.......

wheeltrax
11-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Do what i did, i got a cheap car, it gets great gas mileage, i can tow my quad around on a trailer, and its been extremely dependable. I have had the car for 2 years, and now im looking at buying a nice truck. I wanted a truck from the get go, but i wanted a 400ex really bad. So i did the cheap car, saved money with that cheap car, bought a sweet 400, and saving money now to buy a truck.

Metzroth
11-26-2004, 11:59 PM
U guys think a saturn 5 speed manual 4 cylinder can pull around my EX? if so ill keep it and save for a truck. I got the saturn I got it in a forum somewhere trying to sell it.

Ryan
12-01-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the advice. Im gonna sell the quad and get a truck. I assume Chrismas time is a good time to put her out for sale :cool: .

I definitly need a car, though. I can't keep depending on other people to drive me everywhere. I will be taking my road test sometime in Feburary, probably.

450rboy
12-01-2004, 01:59 PM
well my dad thinks i made the dumbest choice of my life buying a 7000$ quad and i am only 15 and he thinks i should of saved up and bought a nice truck. which what he says is right but i got the 4 wheeler now and he is pissed now. but i think i made the right choice. but i do really want a nice out chevy truck