PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura System ???

Quad18star
11-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Anyone have any feedback about a full Yosh system for a YFZ450??? I'm looking for an all around good pipe for my quad . I'd also like something with a little more grunt , but not overly loud ..... just want people to hear when I'm comming . :blah:

Are they worth the money ...... is the performance on par with systems like LRD , Sparks , HMF ?

I'm so damn undecided about buying a pipe ( which Ive wanted for a few months) . I just want to make sure I get something that I'll enjoy ... and since there aren't many people around here with YFZ's with diff pipes it's hard to make a decision.

yfzracer220
11-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Dont get a yoshi! I have the full carbon fiber/titanium system, it is total junk. First off you have to constantly repack the silencer every 20 hours. Also the head pipe slips over a flange you bolt to the head and holds on with two springs like on a two stroke, the problem is the springs are so stiff they actually rip right through the aluminum flange. Also if you do wreck any of it the replacement parts are extremly expensive. I wrecked my head pipe in a race and yoshi want 320$ for a new one, and if you dont pack the silencer and it burns the carbon fiber sleeve thats 200$ just for the outer shell. Save your money and buy tc if noise is a factor then buy a sparks.

brif
11-27-2004, 09:43 AM
or buy a stainless yoshi

Quad18star
11-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Damn ..... that's not the answer I was expecting :( Are you having to repack the silencer because it's the Carbon Fiber one??? Or is it like that with their stainless steel one also?? I had plans on getting the stainless and not the carbon which i failed to mention .

I don't like that head pipe mounting setup that you said it had also . If i was to race MX , I'd be getting a TC system , but MX isn't in my near future ..... I'll be mostly doing woods riding , pit riding and open fire roads .

brif
11-27-2004, 05:13 PM
On my z the yosh used the springs and it wasn't an issue. I had a TC on a 400ex. Loud as heck. Maybe for closed coarse racing it would be ok, but if you're riding in the woods you'll want a sparky. On the TC I had it came with a supertrapp end cap which I wasn't fond of.
It's always nice to have the option to quiet down your pipe for certain areas and with the TC thats not an option. I'm not trying to dog the TC pipe. It was a great performer, just alittle too narrowly focused for most people.

torqen2k1
11-27-2004, 05:20 PM
I have Yoshi on my 400ex. The springs are no problem. Also I have the stainless steel. It sounds good, looks good and performs good. Never had any problems and owned it for a half year.

hondardr4life
11-27-2004, 05:56 PM
I have always thought that yoshi's are overrated, but thats just me. My favorite pipe would have to be the sparks, but if you dont wanna pay for 1 you should probablly go with an hmf.

sandspanker
12-20-2004, 12:18 AM
I got a full yosh on my 416 ex Have had it for 3.5 yrs and never been repacked it blew a 96 at the last poker run. no lie

hook
12-20-2004, 12:12 PM
had yoush on mine for a year an it broke behine the heatshield nomore. bought a lrd from T&T an love it THANKS JIMMY:p