PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Cams (what and where)

markk
11-25-2004, 11:21 PM
Alright im kinda looking into buying a Helmet cam and doing a little footage of myself and my buddies battling it out during our weekend rides.
I have found a few sights with cams, But they look like u have to have your camcorder in like a backpack!, Are there any cams that can record without a Camcorder?
If anyone has any info on this pleas post away, Mabey i can talk my mom into this for X-mas, Seeing as how she wont buy anything for my "DUMB 4-wheeler"!! lol

holeshot19
11-26-2004, 09:01 AM
send z-135 a pm they have been tapeing the last 3 mideast hare scrambles and its wild make me dizzy when i watch

ILGNCC400EX
11-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by markk
Alright im kinda looking into buying a Helmet cam and doing a little footage of myself and my buddies battling it out during our weekend rides.
I have found a few sights with cams, But they look like u have to have your camcorder in like a backpack!, Are there any cams that can record without a Camcorder?
If anyone has any info on this pleas post away, Mabey i can talk my mom into this for X-mas, Seeing as how she wont buy anything for my "DUMB 4-wheeler"!! lol you tryen to put dawnetta out of a job:eek2:

RytM1
11-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Mark, I think you are out of luck. There are no self-contained, all-in-one helmet cams out there (at least none that I found). The setup I have requires me to wear the digital camcorder in a fanny pack. Its someting you get used to, and if adjusted right, you really don't even notice the pack once you get riding. Good luck convincing mom. Maybe you can talk her into the camcorder, and you can pick up the camera on your own.

cknox88
11-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
you tryen to put dawnetta out of a job:eek2:

NOpe i didnt say for the races lol (to much mud) but like when we all go out an joy ride!!!!!!!!!

Hey danno u riding this weekend, anyways i took my valve cover off and found out what my problem was, my timing chain adjuster broke, The coil wound spring in there busted where it slide into that shaft! So asap im gona try to get one somewhere!

markk
11-26-2004, 10:28 AM
That was me danno, I hate my lil bro he never logs out!!!

ILGNCC400EX
11-26-2004, 12:15 PM
i thought you changed you name

ILGNCC400EX
11-26-2004, 12:44 PM
oh ya i hope to be riden somthin:eek2:

pikey21
11-26-2004, 12:44 PM
who knows of a camera with no sound :rolleyes:

RytM1
11-27-2004, 08:50 AM
You can do one of two things. Either not hook up the audio RCA plugs, or if you camcorder has a built-in mic, just put a 2.5 mm (or whatever size it is) adapter plug in the external mic jack. Don't plug anything else into the adapter (depending on the camcorder, you may have to go into a menu to tell it to recognize the external mic jack).

steveatv3
11-27-2004, 09:31 AM
This is what i got, my dad is like an electronic guru and just bought it for me for my b-day. its pretty cool and you dont need anything in a backback the only thing that goes with the camera is a 9V battery. the rest of it is transmitted back to a VCR or a computer and is recorded for furthur editing. The only thing u need to do is bring a laptop to the tracks with you it has a 3,000ft distance. But starts to brake up when your like in a gully or in like thick trees. It works great i just put some industrial velcrow on the bottom of the cam, and some on the top of my helmet or fender ware ever. ive used it as a spy cam many times
:p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/pebcaa42dd507dba8ea54546ddc185edd/f61e07a8.jpg