PDA

View Full Version : wheelie question

Demoniac
11-25-2004, 11:17 PM
I can get a wheelie with my stock 400EX, but I can't hold it up for long, I've tried shifting to 2nd, but whenever I do, the quad just goes back down again, what can I do to hold a wheelie longer?

JDiablo
11-25-2004, 11:20 PM
you have to reach your balance point,once you get there you can go on forever,or go in second and lift up standing up and go slowly so you don't hit the rev limiter then gotta bring it back down,if you feel yourself going backwards give the brake pedal a light tap to bring it back down a bit

TCRACING425EX
11-26-2004, 08:45 AM
the most important thing is getting your balance point. if its hard to get it up and make it saty up sit back a lil further.and bring the nose up a little bit more.another important thing i have learned is not to be afraid to hit the grabbar. it will keep you fron goingover backwards.the only real advise anyone can give you is the balance point. that is all that matters really. good luck and keep practicing.:D

JDiablo
11-26-2004, 10:35 AM
yea i went over on the ozark last weekend wheelie over a branch in a mud pit,and i fell over but the quad stood right up,all i was just hanging on,lol but it doesn't tip back over,the only time when i think it would tip over is if you have a extender swinger,and it would have to be more at a angle backwards to hit the grab bar,therfore falling on you before it does hit:devil: but no need to be afraid

Juggalo
11-26-2004, 01:05 PM
practice makes perfect

YFZ450Ridr
11-26-2004, 09:51 PM
its all about balancing ur power and quad. put one foot on ur grab bar and put it in first. creep along on flat ground like that to practice balancing. once u feel you can balance good. put it in 2nd and sitting down give some gas and a little tug on the bars. should come right up for you, does for me on my 250ex. just practice what feels comfortable to you. everyone is different.

Nausty
11-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
practice makes perfect

all there is to it!

JDiablo
11-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
all there is to it!

sup man haven't seen you on the site much lately watup?

JRP
11-27-2004, 09:41 AM
i jus put it in first and jus pull up. thats it.:devil: