PDA

View Full Version : swingarm

j400ex18
11-25-2004, 08:53 PM
what are the advatages of a extended swingarm

devildriver422
11-25-2004, 08:57 PM
mainly if youre racing it keeps the front end down...think about it if you wanna wheelie you want the weight as far back as possible...this puts more distance on back so that cant happen as easy

JDiablo
11-25-2004, 08:58 PM
better control off lines,doesn't wheelie as much keeps the front end planted,better cornering(to a extent)ill let you know when i get my swinger back from PC:D for MX i wouldnt go over 1 1/4 really,and XC i don't really think it is needed,but some people run + 1/2 to +1 inch sometimes

j400ex18
11-25-2004, 09:04 PM
i do a lot of trail riding and when i come out of a turn the front wheels pop right up i was looking for a way to keep them down someone told me this would help but i dont know how far to extend it for this thanks for the help

JDiablo
11-25-2004, 09:09 PM
contact burgard or pappy on here and ask them,i think a + 3/4 will be more then plenty to keep them planted and when you want to you can still lift the front end up a bit more

devildriver422
11-25-2004, 09:10 PM
in trails usually about 1" or less or get bigger tires thatll help a lot, be a lot cheaper, and youll have more clearance....or just dont get on the gas as hard :devil: what size tires you got?

Pappy
11-25-2004, 09:14 PM
for trails stock length works best IMO.

learn to feather the clutch or use the gas to get done what needs to get done. i had a +1 1/4 on my 400 and it handled fer chit in tight woods. for mx it is a different story.

the front wheels off the ground isnt a bad thing, infact i love nothing more then powersliding thru a turn ..on the gas with the front wheels reachin for the ground:scary:

JDiablo
11-25-2004, 09:18 PM
pappy you running a stock length swinger on that R?

YFZ450Ridr
11-26-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

learn to feather the clutch or use the gas to get done what needs to get done. i had a +1 1/4 on my 400 and it handled fer chit in tight woods. for mx it is a different story.

the front wheels off the ground isnt a bad thing, infact i love nothing more then powersliding thru a turn ..on the gas with the front wheels reachin for the ground:scary:

i believe you meen 'front wheels reaching for the sky right'? lol:p

redrunner
11-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

Gotta love it!!!:macho