PDA

View Full Version : Trinity 465 stroker

EPDP99
11-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Need to know if anyones got a trinity racing fully built 465 stroker. I have a few questions that deal with these strokers only.

EPDP99
11-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Nobody????

Juggalo
11-26-2004, 01:01 PM
what are your questions?

flyingbyfast400
11-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Whats there 465 kit cost with everything does anyone know?

EPDP99
11-28-2004, 11:27 PM
ok, just wondering what kind of power I should be making. Kit was 2k. full teardown inspection and rebuild. has 440 piston stroked to 465 with all headwork, pipe, cam, HD rod, 12.5:1 piston.......You get it. Broke the bike in the way they told me and took it to the dunes for its first trip and wasnt too pleased with it. Trinity says it beats their 680 raptor. well I was getting beat by piped raptors. I dialed in jetting, tried to run higher octan fuel. from 110 to 112. nobody had any higher. They said they might have put the wrong cam in it but how much would that effect my power. I was barely pulling on a piped z400 and it really is starting to piss me off. I will re-adjust the valves because they said it could be that. and then tear into it to see if cam is the right one. Tech guys at trinity said I should have been stompin the 450's. they would pull on me hard. Any suggestions should help before I tear into it would be very healpful. Please do not take this as a stab at trinity. Ive delt with them before and they have excellent customer service, quality products, and tech support. They just seem to think there might be a problem with my motor.

flyingbyfast400
11-29-2004, 07:49 AM
That doesnt sound to good there... My buddie has a 460 TC stroker motor in his bike.. and eats 450's and ****s c-dales. His 460ex flat out moves. It can take built raptors also. Sorry I couldnt help ya there but I dont know what your prob could be. :huh I would be ready to kick someones *** if i was you
Good Luck
Vic

K_Fulk
11-29-2004, 08:28 AM
You should deffinatley should walk over a lot of stuff your not.
I bet its your clutch. Maybe its adjusted wrong? Or it could be the clutch is just not handling all the power your new setup is throwing at it.
Some synthetic oils dont let your clutch grab either, sometimes the oil is too good.

If your clutch is still stock you would at least want to try some heavy duty springs. Or upgrade to a 8 plate setup.

EPDP99
11-29-2004, 05:06 PM
It is the stock clutch and only ran it on gn4 before dunes, due to custom oil tank problems with it leaking. I got the tank back 2 days before the trip and used mobil 1 red cap. Trinity told me they were going to put heavy duty spring in the clutch. I will reconfirm that they did. It had 3-4 tanks through it before dune trip. now it has closer to 10. Very little hours since this thing guzzles gas. I did notice after switching to mobil 1 that it would sometimes get between gears. Like pop into nuetral but between 3rd and 4th gear. Any suggestions would be sweet. Also im running stock carb right now and wanted to go bigger. 39 or 41 mm? looking into the fcr's but which would be best for me. I dune ride alot not only hill race so i dont want to loose low end throttle response by going too big. Please help. Thanks, Eric

EPDP99
11-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Also it didnt seem like clutch was slipping, maybe it was but when racing the hill it wouldnt change rpm like it was and wasnt revving tto the moon, just seemed like the power was not there.

K_Fulk
11-29-2004, 05:21 PM
I would check the plates and make sure they arent glazed. And inspect the basket and inner hub to make sure they arent grooved to bad. Try playing with your clutch adjustment it may not be disengaging all the way.

Mine was slipping last year it would seem normal when i rode it but it would barely clear some jumps it used to with ease. I let my by buddy ride it and when he nailed the gas quick it didnt spin like it should...

As for the carb I would go strait to the 41mm with the setup your running. Its bottling you motor up more than anything right now.

R3Concepts
11-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Eric,
Sucks to hear your having motor problems. It could be a number of things. First strokers are for bottom end so its not going to rev super super fast. Put a rev box on it if you havent. Also the stock clutch wont pull that power. Get like an EBC clutch for it. The carb is somewhat restricting that motor and a FCR will be a noticable difference but it should still pull hard with the stock one. Another thing is I dont know what your running for paddles but a 465 will pull 10 paddles haulers EASY. It might be the tires spinning that makes it feel like the clutch is slipping, also what gearing were you running? Call me if you need more help or have questions.

EPDP99
11-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Im running sand skate 2's and I do already have a rev box. I havent called trinity yet about the clutch spring but they said to use stock clutch and carb. They said it should be smoking those other bikes and said they might have put the wrong cam in it. I am running a 14t front and stock 38 rear. I tried stock 15t front and a 13t front. best results is with what i took it with. 14t and 38 rear that is. I could only pull 3rd gear up the hill and 4th barely would be 3 mph slower. even with the 13 front i couldnt pull 4th only 3d at the same speed i could pull 4th with the 14 front sproket. would taking my bike to a dyno help me diagnose the problem? I will adjust the valves first, then look at the cam , and then the clutch. Man this sucks. well keeps the suggestions coming and thanks for all info so far, Eric

EPDP99
11-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Morgan, maybe I can swing it by your shop and have you take a look at it. I never did the tear down so not too familiar with disassembly of the motor. I do have a clymer but I need to get a new one cause the dogs ate it. Anyways let me know. Ill behunting the 2-8th so all motor work will wait untill I get back.

EPDP99
11-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Morgan, by the way I hope your dune trip was safe with no accidents. We had a blast and hope you did too. Howd your bike do?

EPDP99
11-30-2004, 12:03 PM
This is what I sent to C & D for ideas, anyone else I should talk to?

need some help. I have a fully built trinity racing 465 stroker. bored to 440 then stroked to 465 with cam, port work, chamber mod, exhaust, 12.5:1 piston, HD rod, it also has stock clth with HD springs. I dialed in the jetting while at the dunes and the performance wasnt there. I was barely beating z400's let alont the 680 raptors trinity said I would. I am working with their tech support and wondering any ideas to look into. I tried 13, 14, 15t front sprokets with stock rear. best was 14. sand skate 2's with cdi rev box. Tried adjusting valves and nothing. went from vp c-12 (110 octane) to fl-1(112 octane) nothing. Have stock carb and in the process of saving for new one. Trinity says use stock carb and that I should have been smoking the bikes id loose to bad. Had used gn4 before trip then switched to mobil 1 red cap right before I went. Didnt notice any slipping of the clutch but I did notice it get between gears. Like nuetral between 3rd and 4th gear. Any suggestions would help. Trinity said they may have installed the wrong cam but not sure if that would kill my power by that much.

R3Concepts
11-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Eric I will look at it for you just let me know and you can bring it over.

EPDP99
11-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Just talked to trinity and he said he is really leaning towards cam but at all possible would like the whole bikeso they can do all the work.

oste
12-02-2004, 07:02 PM
I have a 440 stroker with 10:1 comp.

My bike had poor performance till the 600 mile mark when it broke-in. It ran awsome after that! Maybe you need more break- in time. Running synthetic can also cause a longer break-in time.

My engine builder said to use honda gn4 semi synthetic non moly oil because moly can make clutches slip. I run mobil 1 red cap 15w-50 with no probs, but I have the 8 plate clutch setup also.