PDA

View Full Version : Kawi Mojave kick starter

chucked
11-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Buddy of mine just got an '88 mojave, the kicker does not engage the engine. Anyone know what could be wrong? I have not began taking it apart yet so I have no clue what to look for or anything.

theTman
11-25-2004, 05:23 PM
id check the compression:confused:

chucked
11-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by theTman
id check the compression:confused:

no, its not doing anything...

6arett
11-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by chucked
no, its not doing anything...

So you kick it and it just goes strait down with no pressure?

chucked
11-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 6arett
So you kick it and it just goes strait down with no pressure?

yes, I know its something with the kick starter, If it had no compression I would still hear the piston, valve train etc. moving....

mojoe2878
11-25-2004, 06:53 PM
remove the side cover and check the gears on the kick starter shaft, they may be stripped or have come out of alignment. im not sure about that particular quad, i dont know right off if everything will be accessable when you remove the cover or if you will have to split the case. after you remove the cover if you still cant see the gear and springs and snap rings and all the other bs thats on the kick start shaft then you will have to split the case to get to it.

chucked
11-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by mojoe2878
remove the side cover and check the gears on the kick starter shaft, they may be stripped or have come out of alignment. im not sure about that particular quad, i dont know right off if everything will be accessable when you remove the cover or if you will have to split the case. after you remove the cover if you still cant see the gear and springs and snap rings and all the other bs thats on the kick start shaft then you will have to split the case to get to it.

Damn I HOPE I wont have to!

6arett
11-26-2004, 01:14 AM
I think to fix the kick no matter what you're going to have to remove the side cover... to see somthing.

sickmojave
11-26-2004, 06:37 AM
You will have to take the side cover off but will not have to split the case. But you won't know what's going on till you take the cover off. ;)