PDA

View Full Version : just got a new snowmobile

partyboy300ex
11-25-2004, 03:49 PM
i got a new sled a couple weeks back its a pretty nice 2002 zr800 cross country spring edition with resevor shocks and a aftermarket pipe graphics and windsheild. i cant wait to get out and ride it its going to be a big change for me to going from a 440 jag to this 800 but i think i can handle it i would post pics but i dont knw how would someone post them for me?

Syrus
11-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Those ZR's are wild, you'll notice a huge difference coming from that lil sled u had before, just be careful. You can hurt yourself to eay on those sleds, just gas and go, doesnt take long before your going faster then u need to. But have fun, and get some pics !

Quad18star
11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I'll agree with Syrus ..... that's a HUGE jump in a sled . You're going from an entry level trail sled , to a high performance sled .

Play it smart , cuz I hear of WAY too many people getting killed each year because they "outrun their headlight" .

I watched a kid a few years ago ... the day after x-mas , jump on a brand new sled that he had gotten the day before ..... jump a ditch ... fall off , have the throttle of the sled stick and he didn't have his tether cord attatched . The sled ran "wild" across the lake ( lucky it didnt kill anyone cuz there was about 500 people out running their sleds) , and slam into a brick wall and burst into flames . That kid's x-mas gift lasted a whoel 12 hours .... he also had no insurance on it . $10 000 sled + brick wall + fire +no insurance = $10 000 down the drain .

Moral of the story .... treat the sled with respect or else something stupid and dangerous might happen .

Enjoy your new toy . :D

YFZ450Ridr
11-25-2004, 05:52 PM
nice buy! and i can post pics for you. send them to me at dirtwheels350@sbcglobal.net

MotoX3
11-25-2004, 06:58 PM
send them to me aaron....i cant wait until we go up north.....wanna race my phazer:chinese:

86350x
11-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'll agree with Syrus ..... that's a HUGE jump in a sled . You're going from an entry level trail sled , to a high performance sled .

Play it smart , cuz I hear of WAY too many people getting killed each year because they "outrun their headlight" .

I watched a kid a few years ago ... the day after x-mas , jump on a brand new sled that he had gotten the day before ..... jump a ditch ... fall off , have the throttle of the sled stick and he didn't have his tether cord attatched . The sled ran "wild" across the lake ( lucky it didnt kill anyone cuz there was about 500 people out running their sleds) , and slam into a brick wall and burst into flames . That kid's x-mas gift lasted a whoel 12 hours .... he also had no insurance on it . $10 000 sled + brick wall + fire +no insurance = $10 000 down the drain .

Moral of the story .... treat the sled with respect or else something stupid and dangerous might happen .

Enjoy your new toy . :D

Man, don't tell him story's like that:(

I just got done doing the final preperations on the srx. Just need one more flurry, and I'm in buisness:cool:

Enjoy your new toy, those newer zr800 and 900's have tough motors, shouldn't really give you any trouble. Congradulations party boy, just remember its cold outside. Leave those snap pants at home.

:confused:

Quad18star
11-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
Man, don't tell him story's like that:(

I just got done doing the final preperations on the srx. Just need one more flurry, and I'm in buisness:cool:

Enjoy your new toy, those newer zr800 and 900's have tough motors, shouldn't really give you any trouble. Congradulations party boy, just remember its cold outside. Leave those snap pants at home.

:confused:

LOL ... you gotta let these boyz know what type of jump they are making between a trail and a performance sled . like I said , I hear of far too many accidents each year where the person rides beyond their ability .... or they out-run their headlight .

You treat a sled with respect .... it'll treat you with respect . But the minute you lose that respect ..... you'll be pulling yourself out of the woods ... or even worse ... the ambulance people will be pulling you out in a body bag.

Ride safe and enjoy the new ride !!!!

86350x
11-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Very true, my only bad accident ever was on my old xlt, hit a guide wire with no yellow thingy on it at night. The scare on my back isn't very noticable now, that happened when I was like 15.

Don't ride er too hard until your used to it, and don't push it too hard if you in an unfamiliar area.

I think he'll love that new toy:cool:

GoFastCat
11-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Congrats on the new sled. IMO the 02 CC edition ZR's are the best looking ZR's made and they work as good as they look. My friend used to have one and he got many trouble free miles on it, just get the clutching setup right and it will work very well. Like some others havae said take it easy at first, 440cc-800cc is a big jump. I should know because I did the same thing, just my 800 has 3 cyclinders :devil: .

gyt-r450
11-25-2004, 08:24 PM
have fun with it:D

partyboy300ex
11-25-2004, 10:17 PM
i cant find my pics right now so i cant send them to anyone to have the posted
ive ridden my dads 600 also alot but its still gunna be a jump for me i have been told that the only thing really you need to worry about is the acceleration going into corners they say that will really thorugh you around

partyboy300ex
11-25-2004, 10:19 PM
and yes cody i wanna race your phazer:macho you will probaly somke me though cuz my 800 is so slow as you know:blah:

Scott-300ex
11-25-2004, 10:23 PM
its ganna be hard for him to take it easy, my future brother 'n law has 2 snowmobiles, and the first time and still now when i get on them, its all the way, and dang, those things are fast, wheeling up the hills, get on it, it grabs right away, oh boy, lots of fun.

and i never knew how to post pictures but i found a thread the other day and just go to http://www.imageshack.us/, go to browse, pic the picture, and then click "Host It" then the first line hit copy url, then right click and copy it, then paste it here in the thread.:D

have fun with 'em

partyboy300ex
11-25-2004, 10:28 PM
that sounds really confusing lol:huh

Scott-300ex
11-26-2004, 01:42 PM
actually its real simple, just do it, and then next time you do it you won't even have to think about it, just go to the website and you'll figure it out yourself, it is real easy, trust me. Lol

86350x
11-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by partyboy300ex
i cant find my pics right now so i cant send them to anyone to have the posted
ive ridden my dads 600 also alot but its still gunna be a jump for me i have been told that the only thing really you need to worry about is the acceleration going into corners they say that will really thorugh you around

When you get them, I could post them for you

www.hardcoresledder.com is a good snowmobile sight, lots of zr800 info:)