PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder like thing in carb, what is it for.

maskale
11-25-2004, 02:39 PM
I just finished removing the choke from my carb and went ahead and cleaned up the whole thing. Inbetween the throtle plate and choke plate that is a cylinder like metal thing that moves up and down, well when I first took the carb off it was stuck in the up position and after I cleaned the carb it now moves freely up and down as I move the throtle. My quad ran fine before and runs the same now, I only got to run it about 3min down the street and back and only got to third gear. So what does that thing do. It does however make the throtle harder to push in, is there anything I can do to make the throtle easyer.

mojoe2878
11-25-2004, 03:48 PM
only thing i can think about that you would be talking about is your throttle valve. it holds the needle and moves up and down moving the needle in and out of the main jet. only thing i know to try on the throttle being stiffer is to lube the cable, thumb throttle and the linkage on the side of the carb.

maskale
11-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Yes that is what I am talking about, what is wird is that it did not seem to make a difference weather it was stuck in the up position or working like it is supposed to. I have motion pro cables and have everything oiled and clean. It is still stiff compared to my friends quads.

bradley300
11-25-2004, 09:23 PM
motion pro coul be ou problem, i have always heard to stik with stock honda cables

maskale
11-25-2004, 09:57 PM
I just installed the motion pro today, the throttle has the same resistance, but the clutch is alot easyer to pull by about 50%, it used to be so stiff that I would not even use it sometimes to shift. I know that the stiffness is in the carb, the thumb lever and cable is very smooth.