PDA

View Full Version : how to un mount tires and mount new ones need help

blasterrider123
11-25-2004, 08:59 AM
i need help because i need to unount some tires and mount on some new ones but i dont wanna end up paying 15 for each tire at the honda dealer does any one do this like when they get enw tires and jsut put them on them self? if so how to u un mount the tire like what do u use to break the bead and such

devildriver422
11-25-2004, 09:40 AM
i tried gettin tires off myself....those beads are damn strong so its gonna take a while to get it i just ended up bringing it in to hae them do it...and they mount tires for free if you buy from them....this is nacs btw i live right next to it

chucked
11-25-2004, 01:01 PM
one thing I did was to get a scissor jack, put it as close to the bead as possible. And crack away until it would pop off. I ended up putting it under a backhoe and it actually started lifting up the backhoe, a John Deere 710C, thats a big back hoe. And I ended up using an impact gun to turn the handle on the jack. But since then my shop has got a machine and they mount them for cheap...

PunkA$$
11-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Be very careful doing it yourself. I tried everything to break the bead on mine including using a press to running it over with my truck. In the end I ended up with a bent rim, useable but bent. I ended up just taking it to my local tire place, it was like $20.00 to switch em over...oops.

markk
11-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey man take them to your local Tire shops, NOT ATV shop, just like Expert Tire or anywhere, I just had my rears broke off the bead, and new ones reseated for only 14 bucks, (its well worth your money)

I tried to do my stock tires myself, and i drove my car on the tires and all, and still i couldn't break the bead, so i cut the tires with a razor, and i got two screwdrivers and started busting all the cords, and about 4 hours later i had my 2 rear tires off, and my to new Holeshots mounted up!

It cost me 3 busted screwdrivers, a sliced ring finger, and 4 busted knuckles, So if u dont have a bead breaker its not worth your time!!!!!!!!!

crazyatvn
11-27-2004, 09:33 PM
bring them over I will do them for you!:D

KEVIN
11-28-2004, 05:19 AM
I HAVE TWO PCS OF 3/4" PLY SCREWED TOGETHER AND HAVE A 10"HOLE CUT OUT PLYWOOD IS 24" WIDE 4' LONG PUT OVER TIRE DRIVE CAR UP RAMP BEAD POPS EVERY TIME ! IT WAS IN BOOK YEARS BACK SAVES ME ALOT OF MONEY AND MOSTLY I DO IT WHEN I WANT. USE SOAP AND WATER ON RIM WHEN SETTING NEW BEAD INFLATE TILL IT POPS!

Hammer trx450r
11-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by KEVIN
I HAVE TWO PCS OF 3/4" PLY SCREWED TOGETHER AND HAVE A 10"HOLE CUT OUT PLYWOOD IS 24" WIDE 4' LONG PUT OVER TIRE DRIVE CAR UP RAMP BEAD POPS EVERY TIME ! IT WAS IN BOOK YEARS BACK SAVES ME ALOT OF MONEY AND MOSTLY I DO IT WHEN I WANT. USE SOAP AND WATER ON RIM WHEN SETTING NEW BEAD INFLATE TILL IT POPS!

Same here but i put 4 ft long 2x8 against tire and drive up the 2x8

Hammer trx450r
11-28-2004, 05:49 AM
sometimes it helps to put the stem back in and put a tiny bit of air so the tire doesnt crush too easily

blasterrider123
11-28-2004, 02:01 PM
hey thankls for your help i jsut talked to a guy i know that works at a atv seld dealer where they have a shop lol and he took the tires and put the new ones on for me free

wheeltrax
11-29-2004, 06:47 PM
JC whitney Bead breaker.. 70 bucks well spent!

Destructo
11-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Or this portable one that does 4-12" rims for 40 bucks!

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=13610&R=13610