PDA

View Full Version : EXriders.com has grown into ATVriders.com

Admin
11-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Well guys and gals, I know that this may come as a shock to some, but it is part of a natural progression for the site, but EXriders.com name will always link to the site.

EXriders.com was formed after the release of 400EX, which was the first production sports quad built in years. EXriders.com became the #1 Spot for anyone with a 400EX to come and learn about the best modifications for their 400EX and much, much, more. As the word about the site spread, riders of 300EX, 250X, 250EX, and 250R riders also began to call Exriders.com home and the site broaden it reach to become a site dedicated to all Honda sport quads.

In 2001, Yamaha released their first new Sports Machine the Raptor. Then Suzuki followed in their footsteps and released the Suzuki LTZ400 in March of 2002. Both Honda and Yamaha reacted to the LTZ and released of their new race machines( TRX450R & YFZ450).

EXriders.com members have kept up with the release up each new machine and also began selling off their 400EX and purchasing one of the newer race machines available, but they still called Exriders.com home even if they didn’t ride a 400EX or even a Honda anymore. Because of the overwhelming amount of members that were migrating to other machines, I began to create new sections for the most popular sports machines, since this was the main purpose of EXriders.com when it first start.

The name EXriders.com was a perfect match for the site when it first started several years ago, but today, the 400EX is becoming almost extinct at most races, and basically every possible question about the 400EX has already been answered on EXriders.com.

The majority of the new posts are concerning the newer sports machines and especially the Honda TRX450R because of the Honda roots, but there are still many Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Kawasaki, ATK, and mini quad riders on the site that look for information everyday.

My goal is to take EXriders.com to the next level, and I felt the best way was to change the name to ATVriders.com to open doors up to all sports quad riders, without the stereotype that it is only for EX riders.

I have made many changes to the site since I took over, and I have just as many more in store for 2005, which will benefit everyone my loyal members. Everyone has become accustom to the site being a great source of late breaking news and race coverage, but I going to go beyond that starting this winter.

I won’t spill the beans on everything all at once, but I assure you that anyone that wants to learn about new products, how to install them, and how to maintenance their machine by the end of next year will be calling ATVriders.com their one stop ATV informational resource beyond just the forums.

hessianmx111
11-25-2004, 12:05 AM
It sounds like a great idea Harlen, you have done so much good for this site since taking it over. One quick question though, will all the old threads be here still?

Admin
11-25-2004, 12:12 AM
All the existing Honda information will remain intake, and I will be adding a huge 450R Project Quad Section with Product Reviews and Tech Articles

Don't get me wrong, I am not abandoning the Honda riders, but I just want everyone to feel welcome at the site.

hessianmx111
11-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Admin
All the existing Honda information will remain intake, and I will be adding a huge 450R Project Quad Section with Product Reviews and Tech Articles

Don't get me wrong, I am not abandoning the Honda riders, but I just want everyone to feel welcome at the site.
Of course, so how will things be handled on the forums now, will like each atv get its own section and the 400ex get a small section like the z400 and yfz have now?

Admin
11-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
Of course, so how will things be handled on the forums now, will like each atv get its own section and the 400ex get a small section like the z400 and yfz have now?

Yes, most likely I will be adding a 400EX only section.

QuadJunkies
11-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Yes, most likely I will be adding a 400EX only section. thats a great idea... So will there be changed to future Stickers and Shirts as well( Im assuming);) Your doing a wondeful job Harlen as always :)

jesshamner
11-25-2004, 12:46 AM
It sounds like you're heading in the right direction. This has been atvriders for a while now. Its just official and the name will change. No big deal. I have seen exriders evolve since you took over and the improvements are very dramatic. I can't thank you enough for keeping this alive. I'm very excited about what you have in store for 05. Keep up the good work!

JTRtrx250r
11-25-2004, 02:41 AM
Good call man! I wondered if that'd ever become...:)

derekhonda
11-25-2004, 03:12 AM
I dunno about this, it doesnt feel like home anymore....

twisted threads
11-25-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda

I agree.:( But I guess there is nothing I can do about it..... I don't see how the name of the site will matter to much....WELL yes I do but I kind of like the name because its was mostly a HONDA based site BUT NOT NO MORE. It will always be Exriders to me.:D Any way great work with the site Harlen!! It has grown so much since I started comeing to the site. Only bad thing is all of my EXrider stickers I have on my helmets my bike, and truck now are no good......I guess im going to half to get some new ones.:cool:

derekhonda
11-25-2004, 03:40 AM
AH HA ! Thats what this is. Its a scheme to make money. He figures everyone that is going to buy exriders apparel and stickers already has. So now, he needed to come up with a way to get everyone to rebuy all his stuff, and what better way then changing the whole name. You are very sneaky harlen...

honduh440
11-25-2004, 03:53 AM
their better be every forum for each indivisual company because i like browsing the for sale parts sometimes i find good deals even when i dont need something and i dont want to be looking threw parts about yamaha and same goes with open,dune, and powertrain ext

remlapr
11-25-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
their better be every forum for each indivisual company

:huh - nice attitude

Jersey450R
11-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Harlen, I think its a great idea, very professional. Since the atv scene is emerging so quickly over the past few years, its a great idea to have a site where one can find all information about all quads, but i'm wondering if its going to take away from other atv sites dedicated to yamis and dales (dont want to post the sites but you know). But whatever the choice may be, we all will know whats the roots of the site were. HONDA!

Pappy
11-25-2004, 05:48 AM
AH HA ! Thats what this is. Its a scheme to make money. He figures everyone that is going to buy exriders apparel and stickers already has. So now, he needed to come up with a way to get everyone to rebuy all his stuff, and what better way then changing the whole name. You are very sneaky harlen...

you my friend have absolutley no clue how harlen operates. infact the sale of shirts and stickers and what not pays for very little of the site functions. please dont post such claims without any basis of fact. if we wanted to generate additional income it sure as hell wouldnt be with shirts and stickers, thats pocket change.

as this site moves into areas of the atv world things change. change isnt always good but nevertheless it does change. i feel after being involved with the operation of this site that harlen knows exactly where he wants the site going and has the means to take it there. just look at what he has done in a year.

to the nay sayers i say boohoo. if all you want to do is cry then here is a kleenex. 99% of the time you complainers havent lifted one finger to actually support the site so ta heck with ya.

just keep your eyes open for more changes planned in the future, you aint seen nuttin yet;)

Hammer trx450r
11-25-2004, 05:54 AM
I love the idea!! As long as Exriders.com still targets u here.

I was always wondering why we were so geared to EX's.

RemNS
11-25-2004, 06:31 AM
Harlen,

Great Idea! I am sure that the name change will influence more people to come on here without thinking that it is a Honda only site!

To the guy that said it all about the money! Get a clue Buddy! There isnt much money to be made out there and think about a name change to attract more people instead of thinking about money! Harlen has put forth one of the best informational efforts since I have been online! Now he is making even more changes for the good of everyone out there, not for himself! Get a clue BUDDY!

A lot of companies are changing their names and outlooks! We have went from RemNS Productions to ATV Incorporated to better fit our local and National projects! A name change dosent mean much, it's usually done to accomodate changes and more recognition. I'd say that that is exactly why Harlen has done this. A change for the good, and better recognition across the board!
I guess I'll have to get the banner redone for 05!

The fact that it is Thanksgiving morning and 8:00 A.M. and this thread has already had many replies is what amazes me. The following is just outrageous!

Harlen, Give me a call! I,ve got some news for you!

Rick Frisco

Pappy
11-25-2004, 06:33 AM
hey rick, when you sending me down a camera so i can shoot some footage for ya:devil:

EXRIDER400KFX
11-25-2004, 06:51 AM

even thought i dont own a honda no more it just doesnt feel the same no more.....o well.

TheJaspMan
11-25-2004, 06:53 AM
well, no matter what the name of this site is, it's still one of the best ones out there. This is the first site I go to every morning, even though I own a Cannondale. I agree with Pappy, here's a kleenex for you whiners. Oops, I just saw that this is under my husbands name. He goes to Cannondaleriders.com every morning, but eventually ventures here.

theTman
11-25-2004, 06:59 AM
it dont feel the same:( but i can live with it

Hammer trx450r
11-25-2004, 07:02 AM
I can't beleive the response to this. I can't wait to see what he's got planned. Still the same people on here everyday.

FasstMidnightZ
11-25-2004, 07:13 AM
u should have kept it the same (exriders) but change everything else cant wait to see what u got in store for us

TheFontMaster
11-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Come on Harlen tell us a little bit about what you have planned for the site. I think its awsome what your doing to the site. Kepp up the good work. :macho

XCAdam89
11-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by theTman

Yeah, I hope this isnt a big downfall for exriders though.

Pappy
11-25-2004, 07:25 AM
the moniker ATVriders has been linking people to this site for the past 8 months:o i wonder if that has a little bit to do with why we constantly have an influx of new members, industy people and companies wishing to help in any way possible to help promote ALL aspects of atv's?

the forum may have alot of members, but truthfully its a very small portion of what this website is about. for those of you that feel the forum is the only reason EXR existed, you were right, up to the point the site was sold and a man with a vision took over the handy bars and kicked this beast into action!

do any of you even comprehend what recieving the AMA award meant to the atv world? i mean come on...a website devoted to all atv enthusiets took home the honors against the 2 best motorcycle sites on the planet?

harlen and others arent stuck on one brand, you die if you think that way and we all know how well the other brand specific sites are doing so an expansion is growth. infact if you read users signatures you will see a better picture of the diversity associated with the membership.

this isnt the small time site it once was, and if you cant accept that then i apologize. this site is dedictated to the atv enthusiest...from the 12 year old on his first quad, to the mom who has a quad just so she can be part of her family, to the average joe racer who begs borrows and claws for just the chance to race on saturday. this site covers so many people it is a fluke it even works at all, but you go with what works:macho

chucked
11-25-2004, 07:26 AM
Hmm im gonna see something....

bone705
11-25-2004, 07:30 AM
well i will miss the exriders name, but it is all for the better. im gald to see you including everyone into the site harlen. cant wait to see the project 450r:devil:

red
11-25-2004, 07:35 AM
I think it is an absolutely wonderful idea. As this sport grows the way it has the site needs to grow with it. Yes it will be different and hard to get used to but alot of the people who had the 400ex are now getting rid or it for a bigger size quad, so really it shouldnt be that big of a shock.

just my 2 cents

QuadJunkies
11-25-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by EXRIDER400KFX
even thought i dont own a honda no more it just doesnt feel the same no more.....o well. I kinda know what your saying, but look at the site.... It hasnt REALLY been an Ex site totally for quite awhile now. Change IS good sometimes!!! But look at all the changes in just the sport aspect of things ?? This sport has GROWN!!And so has the site and so has the sites demands for knowledge for many other brands of quads. The site will still have its roots;) . I for one am VERY excited to see all the changes :D

I-7
11-25-2004, 07:44 AM
I think its a great idea. You already have brought so many riders to the site of all kinds. I cant wait to see what you have in store next. Do you already have something planned for new shirts?

ny300exrider
11-25-2004, 07:46 AM
sounds fine to me, its gonna take aittle getting used to but i think it will be cool and i cant wait to see the plans for 05.

tp300ex
11-25-2004, 07:47 AM
y:confused:

Cody_300ex
11-25-2004, 07:55 AM

Im with ya there travis. :(

Shawn H
11-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Hey I got some really nice EXRIDERS stickers for sale there a collectible now get em while ya can J/k

Great idea It only can get better only thing I fear is a bunch more smack talkers comin in here who are going to rant and rave and be brand loyal at no cost with out a open mind>:(

Woodsrider
11-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Only bad thing is all of my EXrider stickers I have on my helmets my bike, and truck now are no good......I guess im going to half to get some new ones.:cool:

Oh hell no! thats not true at all. You see, now they are collectable classics. Proof that you remember when it as just a few hundred members. I wont pull the sticker of my truck untill it falls off:macho As I need new stikers to replace the old ones I'll get the new name.
Harlen, keep up the great work.:)

Woodsrider
11-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Hey I got some really nice EXRIDERS stickers for sale there a collectible now get em while ya can J/k

Great idea It only can get better only thing I fear is a bunch more smack talkers comin in here who are going to rant and rave and be brand loyal at no cost with out a open mind>:(

Smack talkers have always been delt with swiftly here. I'm sure thats one thing that will never change.

AtvMxRider
11-25-2004, 08:01 AM
:)

JR3
11-25-2004, 08:05 AM

QuadJunkies
11-25-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by tp300ex
y:confused: what kind of question is that....... :rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
11-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
what kind of question is that....... :rolleyes:

A dumb one

JTRtrx250r
11-25-2004, 08:19 AM
hate to say it kiddies...but part of growing up is change!;)

Samson
11-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Hey! I own and love that near "extinct" 400ex. AND I ain't trading! :p BUT....I still love all atvs! So I think it's a good idea! The more quadaholics the better imo! :)

Maybe it'll get rid of those STUPID fights with the yami site too! :rolleyes:

Pappy
11-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Smack talkers have always been delt with swiftly here. I'm sure thats one thing that will never change.

and its something we will be cracking down even harder on in the future. the problem is, there are so many small groups of friends, sometimes they can get carried away and we just let it play out.

one thing that will be asked is that those that are here simply because they have no life and just stir up trouble to please stop. the mods have a zero ask rule...meaning we will just boot you if the mood crosses us and we will be backed by harlen...so think twice and post once.

EXR has never claimed to be the tech site for all aspects...we just do what we can and try to have FUN! if your not about having fun then get out:D

as far as i know EXR stickers will still be available along with shirts. you would be a fool to not keep the roots of this site planted:macho

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 08:33 AM
you already had a name established, why in the world would you change it? you could have made changes to the site to better it with out a name change. i think exriders is a lot more catcher then atvriders, thats sound so plain. I'm sure there is more to it then you are letting on. but what can you do?:D

Pappy
11-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by BOONE450R
I'm sure there is more to it then you are letting on. D

trust me....you havent seen ANYTHING yet. there is so much stuff in the works its overwhelming. and its not all about the sites pocketbook...alot of this will be given right back to the membership. so keep looking in and check the homepage often...there is quite a few surprises ahead:devil:

and you thought giving away a Kasea was cool:bandit:

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 08:38 AM
thats cool bring it on:D

wheeltrax
11-25-2004, 08:39 AM
I have been a member here for quite a while. This IS the best ATV site out there, and why not make it for everyone to enjoy. I too will miss the name EXriders, and will probably call it that for quite some time, but as said before, this site has already grown into a general atv site. People come here riding all kinds of quads, some dont even have a quad, some have dirt bikes. This site has been one of the most friendly family like atmosphere that riders of all kind can share answers and ask questions. So hopefully all of this great stuff will be retained.

Tommy 17
11-25-2004, 08:48 AM
sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do...;)

i support ya harlen!

i'm still gonna call it exriders.com thou to everyone:p

ILGNCC400EX
11-25-2004, 09:03 AM
are you gonna put up a 4 wheel drive an utility section.i have 2 and they are alot of fun also:)

team_450_88
11-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Thats awesome to see the site grow...atleast with it growing we as members get better race coverage, probably some videos to download and whatever else u have planned !!

Admin
11-25-2004, 09:08 AM
I don't expect the name EXriders.com to ever die, and everyone will always be able to type exriders.com to log onto the site.

Also, I don't expect or want anyone to discard their EXriders.com stickers or shirts. I am still going to keep my EXriders.com stickers and shirts. Also, I will run EXrides.com stickers on my ATV next season along with ATVriders.com stickers

JRDrider22
11-25-2004, 09:35 AM
this is crazy. congrats to harlen! congrats to all!

LazeR
11-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I will miss "Exriders" but i do see where Harlen is coming from and think its a great idea!

How long will the Exriders shirts/Stickers be available ? also when do Atvriders shirts/stickers come out ?

I can't wait to see what is in store for us! Im sure its going to be great :) Also if the Project 450R is anything like the 400ex, thats going to be awesome!

rollie
11-25-2004, 09:44 AM
yeah, at first i didnt think it was right to change the name...but i think the new name will atract more riders and this fourm can get even bigger!:D

so i think its pretty cool...plus guys its just a name....the site still awsome!!

Admin
11-25-2004, 09:49 AM
As far as stickers & shirts don't expect anything right away. I have to many things that I want to do on the site before I can worry about stickers and shirts, but I will have them before the Nationals in February and there won’t be any big changes to the design of the stickers or shirts. I plan on designing them to look almost identical to the EXriders.com shirts just with the couple of letters changed. From a distance, you might not even notice the change in the logo. Also, the stickers are going to look the same as the EXriders.com, just with ATV replacing the EX. The look and feel will be identical.

I don’t want people to feel like they have to get new stickers or shirts to show their support for the site. Both names will always work for the site as long as I am in charge.

One main reason for the name change was actually because many people would come up to me and say “EX – riders.com.” followed by, is that a site for retired riders or people who don’t ride anymore.” Even announcers at events would call it EX- riders.com and not E – X – Riders.com. I knew then that the EX was confusing people about the what the site was about, and I didn't want any confusion.

The name ATVriders.com will take away any confusion about the type of members on the site, and I feel that I have made the right decision for the future of the site. I may not always be right, but I am never in doubt :D So far, I think my decision have been for the best for the site and the ATV industry, and I would appericiate your continued support.

Thanks to everyone for making this site such an awesome place.

Bad Habit
11-25-2004, 09:55 AM
One main reason for the name change was actually because many people would come up to me and say “EX – riders.com.” followed by, is that a site for retired riders or people who don’t ride anymore.” Even announcers at events would call it EX- riders.com and not E – X – Riders.com. I knew then that the EX was confusing people about the what the site was about, and I didn't want any confusion.

That right there could be the best single reason to change the name. Many, many times have I had to say "no, it's E -X Riders".
This new name will make it sound more mainstream and all-encompassing, not obscure. As stated, people will instantly know what it's about from the name.

steveatv3
11-25-2004, 09:58 AM
I really dont like the new name, exriders i think was better even if people rode yfz and Z and other quads, because we dont discriminate against them. And this really is a Honda baisted site

Admin
11-25-2004, 10:01 AM
A glimpse at what is to come:

Admin
11-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Another:

Admin
11-25-2004, 10:02 AM
How do I install that;)

I-7
11-25-2004, 10:05 AM
How do I install that;)

Is that one of those new turkey roasters :confused:

chucked
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
o snap!

devildriver422
11-25-2004, 10:13 AM
:eek: thats sick i want one...

QuadJunkies
11-25-2004, 10:17 AM
oohhhh mmyyy...... :cool: I think Im more excited about this than eating my Thankgiving dinner!!!! :p

Shawn H
11-25-2004, 10:17 AM
How do I install that;)

According to Rekluse your supposed to index the last clutch plate the same as all the others:chinese:

I know you were just showing on whats to come but I happened to notice>:p

Admin
11-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm
According to Rekluse your supposed to index the last clutch plate the same as all the others:chinese:

I know you were just showing on whats to come but I happened to notice>:p

lol, It is knowledgable members like that make this such a great site.

spoiler

WalshKFX
11-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Harlen,

I'd like to say that I support what you do for this site 100%. EXriders/ATVriders is the #1 site to come too. You have done alot and i feel the name change will give the site a more professional look and attitude to the industry. Yes many disagree because its a Honda site but the way the site has come the past few years about all types of qauds. Again I like the new name and congrats on AMA Website of the Year.

Later

-Tony

Mxjunkie
11-25-2004, 10:34 AM
i guess it will grow on to us

Quad18star
11-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Congrats to Harlen and the gang ..... I think this will open up more doors with a ton of possibilities . Can't wait to see all the new additions . Keep up the great work . :D

Ericthered rdr
11-25-2004, 11:18 AM
great move... cant wait to see some of the changes. thanks again Harlen

SGA
11-25-2004, 11:57 AM

One main reason for the name change was actually because many people would come up to me and say “EX – riders.com.” followed by, is that a site for retired riders or people who don’t ride anymore.”

Even announcers at events would call it EX- riders.com and not E – X – Riders.com. I knew then that the EX was confusing people about the what the site was about, and I didn't want any confusion.

The name ATVriders.com will take away any confusion about the type of members on the site.
I agree.
The name EXriders is known by a small group of atv enthusiasts. It may seem like alot of people here, but in the overall picture, it is very small.
The new name will open the site to a MUCH larger group of atv riders/racers from across the country.

I'll tell you the truth, I'm more impressed by Harlen everyday. Definitly a man of vision.

twisted threads
11-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Oh hell no! thats not true at all. You see, now they are collectable classics. Proof that you remember when it as just a few hundred members. I wont pull the sticker of my truck untill it falls off:macho As I need new stikers to replace the old ones I'll get the new name.
Harlen, keep up the great work.:)

Your right 100%:macho :D

And I agree that reason right there alone is a good reason to change the name..................wow I still can't believe how much this site has changed over the last 3 years.:cool:

SGA
11-25-2004, 12:19 PM
I can also see why some people are apprehensive about the name change. People are comfortable in familiar surroundings, plus for the old timers on the site, its sort of like having a patch of woods that you played in as a kid being leveled and a shopping mall built. I sort of feel the same way.
But change in life is ineviatble. You can either get on the wagon and enjoy the ride or you can decide not to and let life pass you by.
Someone save me a seat, lets ride!:)

p@iNn3ck
11-25-2004, 12:29 PM
WOW... not much left that hasnt been said! Great job Harlen, cant wait to see where it goes from here!

JDiablo
11-25-2004, 12:32 PM
well it will take getting some use to...but that means new shirts and stickers!:macho i say it is a move for the best,and atvriders will continue to grow..good job harlen:devil:

MichaelS693
11-25-2004, 12:38 PM
i dont exactly like the change... wont feel right anymore..cause of this im sorry but ill be stepping out the door forever... bye guys:(

devildriver422
11-25-2004, 12:41 PM
if youre serious thats kind of sad that youre leaving just because of a different name its still the same place

Woodsrider
11-25-2004, 01:09 PM
One main reason for the name change was actually because many people would come up to me and say “EX – riders.com.” followed by, is that a site for retired riders or people who don’t ride anymore.” Even announcers call it EX- riders.com and not E – X – Riders.com

Im glad to hear that its just not over here on the left coast:o I get that all the time even from riders who have a EX.

Honda4trax250x
11-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by MichaelS693
i dont exactly like the change... wont feel right anymore..cause of this im sorry but ill be stepping out the door forever... bye guys:(

thats pathetic

of course its different, but the site is just gunna get better

anyway dont let the door hit you on the *** on the way out

Quad18star
11-25-2004, 01:36 PM

I agree with everyone else man .... if you're gunan leave the site cuz of a name change .... that's pretty sad . Nothing else has changed on the site except the name ..... and if the admins wouldn't have mentioned it , I'd have never noticed that we are now ATVRiders.com

MichaelS693
11-25-2004, 01:46 PM
LMAO im just yanking yalls chains guys chill out... im here to stay been here for a very long time and have been through alot of changes... i do think this is good becuase its a way to make the site grow and go on to bigger and better things but it will always be exriders at heart.. YALL CHILL!!!!!!:D

chucked
11-25-2004, 01:49 PM
I dont think its gonna make that much of a difference...

chucked
11-25-2004, 01:58 PM
We can look at this to see how much it picks up

http://www.big-boards.com/board/186/

MichaelS693
11-25-2004, 02:03 PM
look who we are now.... WOOO WOOOOOOO!!!

JDiablo
11-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by chucked
We can look at this to see how much it picks up

http://www.big-boards.com/board/186/

thats pretty sweet

11-25-2004, 04:30 PM
IMO i hate it. even tho we have suzuki and yamaha etc forums on the website it should still be exriders.com in 4 years of exriders existence it had gotten 30000+ members. it just isnt the same anymore.:(

Pappy
11-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by sEX
IMO i hate it. even tho we have suzuki and yamaha etc forums on the website it should still be exriders.com in 4 years of exriders existence it had gotten 30000+ members. it just isnt the same anymore.:(

the name didnt get any members, the content did. did you actually read the thread and grasp why it was changed? nothing changed except the name. its purely a business decision.

pikey21
11-25-2004, 05:33 PM
ok i under stand the site wont chang bla bla bla bla but please get a better name atvriders its friggin stupid talk about stereo typing all atv riders come on yammies have there own site so dose every one else let the honda riders have thares :grr: :mad:

47501exracer
11-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I love this site! I have learned so much being on here and I know it will help my racing and basic knowledge of ATV's. I want to be a patron!!!!

fastexgirl4c
11-25-2004, 05:40 PM
i dont like it ..but its still the same site..so i guess everyone will have to deal with it.. i still like the name exriders cuz it gave honda riders something..like bluetraxx has..but w/e i guess:(

theTman
11-25-2004, 05:44 PM
:ermm: blah...we will all get used to it

stupid driver
11-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Woohoo, i just bought some exriders stickers.... i'm gonna hang onto these suckers, they be worth more than gold :macho :rolleyes:

It's gonna take some getting used to, but i bet it will all sound the same to me soon enough. Good move Harlen.

Admin
11-25-2004, 06:02 PM
I am glad that the majority of everyone is with me on the change and thanks for the support.

QuadJunkies
11-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by pikey21
ok i under stand the site wont chang bla bla bla bla but please get a better name atvriders its friggin stupid talk about stereo typing all atv riders come on yammies have there own site so dose every one else let the honda riders have thares :grr: :mad: ok,ok. blah,blah,blah..... what part of ATVRIDERS dont you get??? doesnt that give you ANY kind of a hint???:rolleyes: theres a bit more to it than just being called Atvriders.... It too bad there arent more open minded to change...:ermm: Just give it some tme and youll see what he is talking about ;)

chucked
11-25-2004, 06:06 PM
I dont understand why people are having such a hernia about it??

AtvMxRider
11-25-2004, 06:08 PM
I am glad that the majority of everyone is with me on the change and thanks for the support.

Doesn't matter what it is called I think you have done a great job Harlen. :) :macho

250xridamatt
11-25-2004, 06:16 PM
YAY! since you changed the name, you won't be need that 450r anymore right? You might as well just make a donation to me!

I can't wait to see all the new stuff on the site. I talked to people who didn't know what the site was, but they heard all about the kasea. It will be awkward signing on to atvriders.com, but still we will all get used to it in time.

pikey21
11-25-2004, 06:17 PM
ya i under stand but exriders is so much better than atvriders

it just sounds better to be a exrider than just plain atvrider

MAIN POINT JUST LEAVE THE NAME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE AMA WEBSITE OF THE YEAR DONT CHANG A THING

THATS WHARE I STAND :macho

Mxjunkie
11-25-2004, 06:19 PM
its just a little wierd seeing atvriders, exriders does sound and look better, but i guess if it opens this to all brands and stuff i suppose im all for it :ermm:

Punk'd
11-25-2004, 06:22 PM
so i guess it will happen like this..

All the old members (when this site was first made) will call it Exriders still..

while all the new members will call it the name it has been changed to..

But i will always call it exriders :(

ps no more exrider stickers?:(

im bummed

pikey21
11-25-2004, 06:23 PM
admin y are you changing the name we allow all makes here but honda is what i ride thats y im here that y moast people are here

AtvMxRider
11-25-2004, 06:23 PM
WTF is everybody freaking out about a name change for?:rolleyes:

pikey21
11-25-2004, 06:24 PM
cuz the name sux:grr:

AtvMxRider
11-25-2004, 06:24 PM
admin y are you changing the name we allow all makes here but honda is what i ride thats y im here that y moast people are here

Becuase he owns the site thats why:rolleyes:

Mxjunkie
11-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
WTF is everybody freaking out about a name change for?:rolleyes:

well its like, bluetraxx and them didnt change, and they have all the brands pretty much. this started as exriders, shouldnt it stay as exriders? im not trying to flame or anything but i mean this site is dedicated to the 400ex and stuff, why change

AtvMxRider
cuz the name sux:grr:

If you don't like it than leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay here God knows you won't be missed..........

pikey21
no chit but the name sux

pikey21
11-25-2004, 06:28 PM
im not leavin this site i love this site the way it is EXRIDERS not atvriders

pikey21
11-25-2004, 06:29 PM
good idea

QuadJunkies
11-25-2004, 06:29 PM
no chit but the name sux You just dont get it....:rolleyes: Sigh....

Live with it .... deal with it..... Harlen isnt going to make everyone happy no matter what he does, just TRY and enjoy the site for what it is and has to offer....

theTman
11-25-2004, 06:30 PM
no matter wha

always gonna be exriders to me

im not callin it atvriders

FasstMidnightZ
11-25-2004, 06:37 PM
i dont nessasarally like the name but it is for the best ...... i hope

theTman
11-25-2004, 06:39 PM
of course its gonna bring more people...but EXRIDERS is the trademark!!!! then name every member lives by!!!!! devoted to the honda!!!!!

this is almost like bluetraxx now...a bunch of idiots fighting:o

Out_Sider
11-25-2004, 06:39 PM
atvriders.com :D i like that name 100x's more than exriders, what could be better for the site than to get off the brand loyal name? good job on doing this guys :macho

chucked
11-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
it would, but it seems like the mods and stuff will close it

no they would make sure it is very biased though....

Admin
11-25-2004, 07:01 PM
I deleted several post, and the arguing back and forth isn't going anywhere, and I would appericiate that everyone would just state their opinion and leave it at that whether if it is positive or negative.

Also, there is no need for a poll because the new name is hear to stay. The EXriders.com doesn't have to go away either, and the name will always go to the site.

Those who don't like the new name can forget that it was ever changed if you don't look at the top of the page.

Again, please don't bash other members for there opinions, but also don't post your opinion over and over again. I will hear what you have to say in one post.

theTman
11-25-2004, 07:04 PM
alright

sorry for all the retarded pics

im just used to EXriders and i dont like change!

ill get used to it

there my opinion

im done

11-25-2004, 07:05 PM
i just feel that the name change wasnt needed. its been exriders for 4 years why change something great?

Mxjunkie
11-25-2004, 07:08 PM
allright, guys i dont know, atvriders, exriders its all for the same purpose! we are all riders, i was sorta mad, but u know what im gonna accept it, i hope u numnuts follow cause the mods dont need this bs anymore

400exrules
11-25-2004, 07:11 PM
well i respect whatever harlen and the mods decide to do, but as of me, i dont necessarily like it........but what am i gonna do

Quad18star
11-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Well I stated my opinion earlier .... then this all got out of hand .

But I'd like to once again say that I support the name change 110% . I called this site home , for the last couple years .... even though I didn't have a Honda ... yet I was still welcomed here . I've seen so many people join here and they never had Honda's either , but we all help eachother out cuz we're all ATV riders .

Harlen .... where do I sign up to be a paying/supporting memeber???

Mxjunkie
11-25-2004, 07:24 PM
i ride a dirtbike, use to ride quads, and everyones more then nice here still, i'll support it still :)

Pappy
11-25-2004, 08:04 PM
let me break this down for you that just dont seem to get it...

EXriders.com is a business. period.

In order for it to continue to grow we have to make improvements and changes. The name became a limiting factor in how far we could take the site with the atv industry and was limiting us. that is now changed to help further site growth.

Was i ahppy about it? not at first but when i took off my blinders and listened in a business way i completely understood why we had to do it. What is the industry doing for the 400ex? not much really, its being down graded to a sub level sport quad. now i dont know about you but chances are in the next year or so the 400ex will be considered in the same league as the 300ex is now.

Sure we could have tried to pick a brand specific name, but truthfully our membership base is very vast over the market and it would in no time become a limiting factor.

For those that understand business i am certain you can understand why this has happened. For those that dont, there are other sites you are free to call home if thats what you think is best for you. We arent going to let people that have added nothing to the site except post and thread counts decide how we run the business.

And for those that compare this site to any others id take a really hard look at what this site brings to the atv industry versus what the others do. We dont claim to be anything more then people interested in the growth of all atv related fields.

there is a broad line between opinion and using that platform to bash others so keep that in mind when you run your post count up.

Rrider4life8
11-25-2004, 08:11 PM
I agree with you totally Pappy and I am behind this 100%:blah:

chucked
11-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Do any of u guys have girlfriends??

Ericthered rdr
11-25-2004, 08:20 PM
like you said the ones complaining dont have that little exriders patron lable in thier sig do they. This is one of the best moves Harlen has made to the site. It opens doors to more sponsorship and advertising wich in turn brings us a better quality more respected site. We as atv riders are a small group as a whole to break us down into a subgroup is a poor buisness desission. This move brings us as closer as an atv community and the more vioces the more we are heard and respected. Hey folks this site just won an incredible award that will bring more recognition then the average person can see. This change helps capitolize on some of the new eyes headed this way. Hell my wife even said why do you hang on a site for ex-riders when you still ride....dah enough said right there. One of the sad things about the people complaining is that if nothing was said you would not have noticed anyway ...that is how trasparent this change is to the average user. Enjoy the change folks it is for the best and change is good.

Samson
11-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
being down graded to a sub level sport quad. now i dont know about you but chances are in the next year or so the 400ex will be considered in the same league as the 300ex is now.

That just HURTS! :o

;)

Pappy
11-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Ericthered rdr
like you said the ones complaining dont have that little exriders patron lable in thier sig do they..

true, but i actually was refering to those that bring information and quality to the site thru thier postings and threads.

Pappy
11-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Samson
That just HURTS! :o

;)

dont blame me, Dirtwheels made the claim first

khen
11-25-2004, 08:26 PM
hmmmm.... Just because the 400EX is all but extinct at the national level doesn't mean that a lot of riders are still successfully racing them at the local level.. Besides, not everyone buys a sports quad to be the fastest in a drag race :rolleyes:

The lion share of this sites members are riding EX's, the minute this site becomes a 400EX bashing site like some of the other sites will be the minute I'm not comming back... I get sick of hearing how much better the 450's are and even the Z's are than the 400EX. WHY?? because in stock form they can beat the EX in a drag race(or at least the 450's can).. WHO CARES!!!!

I understand changing the site name, in fact I was waiting for it to happen.. But it angers me that you bash the EX to justify it!

gyt-r450
11-25-2004, 08:31 PM
come on guys stop the fighting:rolleyes:

Pappy
11-25-2004, 08:31 PM
bash the 400ex? not hardly. i have stated and still feel that the 400ex is more the enough to hang with the new quads once modified. you can bash me all you want but you wont find me saying otherwise.

i guess ill be reading your letter in dirtwheels?

the down grading by the industry of the 400ex isnt a bash. progress has been made with the 450R (i geuss..im not happy with it or the yfz) i merely used the above statement to show that sticking with the name EXriders for the sole sake of the 400ex is a losing fight. and to add, i wasnt included on the new name or why it was changed, but i support it. so when i speak of this stuff im speaking as a member and a person who understands how business works.

Mxjunkie
11-25-2004, 08:35 PM
does the quote "Cant we all just, get along" click to anyone :blah:

Admin
11-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by khen
hmmmm.... Just because the 400EX is all but extinct at the national level doesn't mean that a lot of riders are still successfully racing them at the local level.. Besides, not everyone buys a sports quad to be the fastest in a drag race :rolleyes:

The lion share of this sites members are riding EX's, the minute this site becomes a 400EX bashing site like some of the other sites will be the minute I'm not comming back... I get sick of hearing how much better the 450's are and even the Z's are than the 400EX. WHY?? because in stock form they can beat the EX in a drag race(or at least the 450's can).. WHO CARES!!!!

I understand changing the site name, in fact I was waiting for it to happen.. But it angers me that you bash the EX to justify it!

If you have noticed already, I am not one for bashing on any level. I still have a 400EX and I will probably still have it 10 years from now.

The EX is still a great machine, but today their are many other machines that being produced that exceed the 400EX in stock form. I still will cover any new parts that are released for the 400EX, and I will create a form specifically for the 400EX, so 400EX riders can more easily find their information.

khen
11-25-2004, 08:48 PM
bash the 400ex? not hardly. i have stated and still feel that the 400ex is more the enough to hang with the new quads once modified. you can bash me all you want but you wont find me saying otherwise.

i guess ill be reading your letter in dirtwheels? Huh? I'm not bashing you, I'm saying that there are several quad sites out there where people who probably have never even seen a 400ex are bashing on them for being slow. I just don't think that alienating the people that have EX's by saying they're outdated and sub level is a good approach to take to justify the renaming of the site.. A lot of people are proud of their EX's(including myself). Why would you think I would write a letter to dirtwheels??? If I have a beef with someone I confront them, I don't write a magazine about it..

JDiablo
11-25-2004, 08:49 PM
how bout atvexriders? lol,nah j/k wow alot has been going on in the past two hours,wat gives?just a name change that takes getting some used to,i wouldnt have even noticed it if i didnt read this thread:huh

Pappy
11-25-2004, 08:54 PM
khen

i stated the bit about dirtwheels because if you pay attention they are the mainstream stating what i posted. i figured the letters section would be a good place for you to air out your opinions with them:p

as far as other sites...in my mind they dont exist. EXR is more then enough to occupy my time and worth my efforts but i hear what your sayin;)

khen
11-25-2004, 09:02 PM
If you have noticed already, I am not one for bashing on any level. I still have a 400EX and I will probably still have it 10 years from now.

The EX is still a great machine, but today their are many other machines that being produced that exceed the 400EX in stock form. I still will cover any new parts that are released for the 400EX, and I will create a form specifically for the 400EX, so 400EX riders can more easily find there information. OK that sounds good..

khen

i stated the bit about dirtwheels because if you pay attention they are the mainstream stating what i posted. i figured the letters section would be a good place for you to air out your opinions with them:p

as far as other sites...in my mind they dont exist. EXR is more then enough to occupy my time and worth my efforts but i hear what your sayin;) Alright, I just had to vent.. s'all good... ;)

MichaelS693
11-25-2004, 11:17 PM
EXR is more then enough to occupy my time and worth my efforts

wait i thought its called atvriders now:D :D :D

Pappy
11-25-2004, 11:22 PM
wait i thought its called atvriders now:D :D :D

i will refer to it as EXR:p the new name will find its place:D

derekhonda
11-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Aww man, the people at bluetraxx are going to have to re-spray paint there van now :devil:

Just kidding, after reading pappy's post up top i understand why they are doing it now, its just it does seem different, but ohwell, its just a small change.

Martin Blair
11-25-2004, 11:55 PM
I didint even notice, but I was kinda like wtf is atvriders doing up their after I noticed this thread. I can see why you changed it, but I would have rather it stayed EXriders everyone knew what exriders was, now atvriders means any brand, ect, yeah but theirs still millions with exs out their.

Maybe you should leave it atvrider for time beeing but make a poll and see what name wins, others are still welcome. Just doesnt seem right changing to atvriders, yeah its a name but come one, bluetraxx is yamaha, z400central is zuki, and yeah theirs rriders and trx450.org, but the real honda place was exriders, and even though its honda tons of people with other brands are on the site.

2000ex
11-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Reading all these posts bought back some nostalgic memories so I looked back and see that I was the 24th member on this site back in Dec of 2000. :eek:

Back then it was merely a skeleton crew of people dedicated to the technical side of the basically new 400ex. All the posts were informative and it was really a grassroots place where we enthusiasts could go to each other for questions and answers about the latest mods for these machines.

After reading all the posts and seeing the evolution this site has had over the past 4 years this is definitely a step in the right direction, as it has constantly evolved from the beginning.

Harlen has taken this site to the next level and the heights it can reach are limitless. Best of Luck!:devil:

400exdad
11-26-2004, 09:03 AM
I have to say that I saw this coming. If you think about it, a lot of the folks here are riding something other than Honda... and thats okay... they still come here because it is great site with a lot of great people! I imagine that if the EX moniker is taken off of it there will be even more traffic from other brands... like Yamaha, Polaris and Suzuki. While all of us users would like to believe that this is "just for fun", its really not, or should I say it could be or has become a fun job for the site owners. I imagine they are Harlen, Pappy and maybe another one or two folks.

The bottom line is that this site takes money and time to operate. It is not just a hobby. If it were, it probably would have folded by now because the quality and server speed would not be there. Don't you just hate the slow websites?!

While I really hate change, (I guess I'm getting old), love my good ole 300 and 400, but I understand the need to get a broader "customer" base. Good Luck with the changes to the site! (whispering now... can I get some comped stickers?) :D

redrunner
11-26-2004, 09:07 AM
This IS the only way to stay current and up with the times..I have enjoyed a great appreciation for the sport since being here for the past few years. My knowledge has increased 10 fold. My 300 was a great learnng tool and since the purchase I did feel alittle out of sorts with the site even with the LTZ section but the most fun is the open forums. If you want info it is ALL here.
Nice work Harlen and if everyone knew how much work and time is spent by you and the others they would appreciate it that much more...Hats off..

JDiablo
11-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
This IS the only way to stay current and up with the times..I have enjoyed a great appreciation for the sport since being here for the past few years. My knowledge has increased 10 fold. My 300 was a great learnng tool and since the purchase I did feel alittle out of sorts with the site even with the LTZ section but the most fun is the open forums. If you want info it is ALL here.
Nice work Harlen and if everyone knew how much work and time is spent by you and the others they would appreciate it that much more...Hats off..

hey looks like you went through and abought a 400,good luck with it;)

Honda4trax250x
11-26-2004, 09:40 AM
trxriders.com would have been a cool name if we stuck to honda

zephead400ex
11-26-2004, 09:58 AM
I support the change 100%. All of the whining is ridiculous, almost comical due to the ignorance of a few. The new name reflects the changing popularity of the site. There are many members here that do not own a Honda, or even a 400ex. It doesn't matter what kind of quad you ride/own, it only matters that you support the sport in a positive way and enjoy doing it at the same time.

Harlan, many props to you sir:D Keep up the good work!

Tommy 17
11-26-2004, 10:16 AM
u ask me all this is goin to turn into is a big pissin match between honda vs yammy vs suzuki vs kawi and all the rest... ur gonna have so many members that are brand loyal and its gonna start chit...

right now the people that are on here with other brands are mostly people who aren't loyal to one company and won't start chit about what the other person rides... bring a few brand loyal members over from lets say bluetrax (or any of the other sites) and watch the chit hit the fan... u can say it won't be tolerated but its still gonna be a pain in teh ***...:o

Cody_300ex
11-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
u ask me all this is goin to turn into is a big pissin match between honda vs yammy vs suzuki vs kawi and all the rest... ur gonna have so many members that are brand loyal and its gonna start chit...

right now the people that are on here with other brands are mostly people who aren't loyal to one company and won't start chit about what the other person rides... bring a few brand loyal members over from lets say bluetrax (or any of the other sites) and watch the chit hit the fan... u can say it won't be tolerated but its still gonna be a pain in teh ***...:o

I agree with tommy on this one, if you go to any site that is just quads in general, theres always a thread "which is better yamaha or suzuki" or a "My trx90's faster than ur kfx400" or a "Honda sucks ride eton". Im not going to menton any websites but this is just my prediction. Im not tring piss anybody off just pointin something out. But I would have rather have it be exriders. :ermm:

brian-250
11-26-2004, 11:08 AM
I dont like it.:o but i gues i can grow into it.

JDiablo
11-26-2004, 11:15 AM
shutup fatty,you will like it,lol j/k nice signature too,i would liek to see that happen:rolleyes: :macho

11-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
shutup fatty,you will like it,lol j/k nice signature too,i would liek to see that happen:rolleyes: :macho

haha lol:D

Martin Blair
11-26-2004, 11:24 AM
I dont have a real problem with it, just dont think we should change the name this site is going to become to big and eventually no one will want to run it because it will turn into a full time job.

Pappy
11-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
this site is going to become to big and eventually no one will want to run it because it will turn into a full time job.

thats the plan skippy. at some point this will be harlens full time job :eek:

Martin Blair
11-26-2004, 11:38 AM

o well just nvm i siad that

JDiablo
11-26-2004, 11:40 AM

wow that much income will be coming in off of it>:eek2:

Pappy
11-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
wow that much income will be coming in off of it>:eek2:

you have to think way past what the site's advertisers charge and think big...real big:p

harlen is a contributing editor/photographer for several magazines and that in itself can provide a decent living.

when you roll it all up it can be done...infact its being done just not at the level we want it...yet:devil:

JDiablo
11-26-2004, 11:44 AM
you have to think way past what the site's advertisers charge and think big...real big:p

harlen is a contributing editor/photographer for several magazines and that in itself can provide a decent living.

when you roll it all up it can be done...infact its being done just not at the level we want it...yet:devil:

wow ask him if he needs some help for me:devil:

Butters
11-26-2004, 11:58 AM
in a way i am alittle disappointed by this, but in another respect i'm not. i always wanted this site to stay Honda and dedicated for Honda. but i understand that more and more people are turning to other quads. oh well no sweat. hell i am even going to be changing quads, but there will always be the friendly and helpful attitude, and thats what it most important.

Ryan
11-26-2004, 12:07 PM
I like the new name. Definitly should have been done awhile ago.

pikey21
11-26-2004, 12:42 PM
i dont like the name but the idea is great

ps. sorry for yesterday i was an ***:(

JR3
11-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
I agree with tommy on this one, if you go to any site that is just quads in general, theres always a thread "which is better yamaha or suzuki" or a "My trx90's faster than ur kfx400" or a "Honda sucks ride eton". Im not going to menton any websites but this is just my prediction. Im not tring piss anybody off just pointin something out. But I would have rather have it be exriders. :ermm:

same here and like sum1 else said i still like my ancient ex

300exOH
11-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Way to go Harlen. This place has come a long way in a short time. I plan to stick around and enjoy the ride.:devil:
Harlen-If you ever need any help feel free to ask.:D

JOEX
11-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I'll tell you the truth, I'm more impressed by Harlen everyday. Definitly a man of vision.
:macho :)

This was one of the best and most needed update for the site as a whole. The new name is perfect but i'll still call it exriders for quit some time ;)

400grl
11-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Well - I almost got through this entire thread, but had to skip the last few pages!!!

Harlen - I love change!!! Change is exciting, it's invigorating, and it's the only way to grow........I support this 110% and can't wait to see what you do with the site this coming year!! :) You have already done so much, it's amazing to think of how far my little Honda site has come in just a few years!!! I am so proud to have been able to watch of all this, and I'm sure I will be saying the same thing in another couple of years!!

Can't wait to see what 2005 holds! Keep up the awesome work, all of you guys (and gals, QJ!!) ;) :D

SGA
11-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

I love change!!! Change is exciting, it's invigorating, and it's the only way to grow!
You're getting me all worked up!:D

SGA
11-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

bring a few brand loyal members over from lets say bluetrax (or any of the other sites) and watch the chit hit the fan...
Wait till those members of sites with slack rules get a taste of ATVriders.com rules:D

Got the ole boot is all shined up and ready to go:bandit:

chucked
11-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Wait till those members of sites with slack rules get a taste of ATVriders.com rules:D

Can I have a boot?

JDiablo
11-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by SGA

lol o boy i cant wait to see how much more BS is going to be on this site now,rico is going to be needing the moderator job back:eek2:

Mr.Obvious
11-26-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm all for it atvriders is a great even if this is the 1st year i have owned a Honda:D Lee had started a great website and the next guy was just goofy:rolleyes:

But Harlen has taking it to the next level and his not stopping there.

3 cheers for atvriders and Harlen:muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

Ralph
11-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Obvious
I'm all for it atvriders is a great even if this is the 1st year i have owned a Honda:D Lee had started a great website and the next guy was just goofy:rolleyes:

But Harlen has taking it to the next level and his not stopping there.

3 cheers for atvriders and Harlen:muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

It was leo..:)

Honda4trax250x
11-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Obvious
and the next guy was just goofy:rolleyes:

hey i liked ben!

Admin
11-26-2004, 10:56 PM
It is great to hear that so many of you truly appreciate the hard work that I have put into making this site grow over the past year, and I hope that things continue to fall into place to allow me to achieve even bigger things next year.

One of the biggest things that I have learned this year is that I am only one person, and if I want the site to continue to improve, I will need help from others. Several members stepped right up to the plate and were willing to do what ever I needed to make Exriders.com a better place. Without there support, I would have burnt myself out trying to maintain the site at the level that I wanted it to achieve.

With the continued growth of the site and extra features that I want to add for next year, I will need even more support from the members to make everything possible. The financial support from the supporting members have went along way in allowing me to upgrade the computer system and split the site up over two computers to keep up with volume of members. Also, I have purchased an extensive amount of equipment to capture the racing action. I still have a shopping list of hardware that I want to purchase for next year.

All of this will be great for the site, but the one thing that I really need next year is more people willing to help out with their time because I only have 24 hours in my day, and I just can’t fit everything that I want to do into my schedule. I hope many of those that helped out this year will continue to help out next year, but I still will need help from people around the Country.

I want to more to add more local race series to the Race Coverage, and I obviously can’t attend all of them myself. Also, I am looking for individuals that are interested in taken photos at riding areas around the Country and sharing there experiences with fellow ATV riders in a new section. Not everyone races, but everyone is always looking for the best places to ride or friends to ride with, so I want to hear your stories and see your photos. I also looking for some members that are technically inclined and what to share some of their knowledge with other members in helping to produce step by step instructions on installing things as simple as changing your oil to replacing your cams. Many of this information has been shared in the forums, but I want it put together in an organized location that members can easily find and reference whenever they need some help.

These are just a few of the things that I plan on trying to cover in the next year, and I have many more ideas that I am currently working on myself, but I need the help of the members to all of my goals possible.

If anyone is willing to help out, then I will set you as “Contributing Member” which will allow you to post photos and will receive some free stickers for your efforts. Also, I plan on holding drawings in the future for “Supporting Journalist”, Supporting Members”, and “Contributing Members” for some nice prizes to the lucky winners as a way of saying THANKS.

I hope everyone is as excited as I am for next year, so put on your helmet and hang on for an awesome ride into the future!!!

CatMostFeared
11-26-2004, 11:20 PM
3 cheers for Harlen
I'm excited more pictures more stuff more people:macho

TheFontMaster
11-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Keep up the good work Harlen, I can't wait to see what the next year has in store. And you can bet on me becomming a supporting member as soon as my quad is done for the quad build off. How much is it to become a patron? 30 bucks I think right?

Chanman420q
11-27-2004, 09:10 PM
i agree that harlen has done very good things and made very god improvements for the site but i think this step is to far..

alberndt
11-28-2004, 09:10 AM
SELLOUT SELLOUT SELLOUT

Remember back in the day when 400ex riders had a place to call home??? I'm just kidding I'm sure I'll get over it.

Butters
11-28-2004, 01:08 PM
sounds like Harlen has alot on his plate so i think we should give it all a chance. i know people don't always like change but sometimes thats what needs to happen. i would like to help but i doubt there is anything for me to do.

SGA
11-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Butters
sounds like Harlen has alot on his plate
He sure does! Roast beef, mashed potatos, biscuits and gravy, etc, etc.

Sorry Harlen, I couldnt resist :D

Rico
11-29-2004, 08:46 AM
If you guys only new what I had in store for the site......:eek:

Also since the site name changed i think Harlen needs to change his name to Harlum.....:devil:

Butters
11-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico
If you guys only new what I had in store for the site......:eek:

Also since the site name changed i think Harlen needs to change his name to Harlum.....:devil:

you mean harlem or am i missing something............:eek: :huh

Admin
11-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Actually, I changed it to Harley:devil:

Ralph
11-29-2004, 09:49 PM

You may as well go with Haley :D

yoshz400rider
11-29-2004, 10:28 PM
i love the site and cant wait for it to grow i think it is great i hope it comes like ********.com a little though i love the interviews and articles they do a great job but i came to this site through atvriders.com didnt know it was exriders right away cuz i never owned a honda

Rico
11-30-2004, 06:29 AM

I kinda like the sound of that.....:D Harley it is....:macho

Pappy
11-30-2004, 06:34 AM
i geuss hosebag is out then?:(

Admin
11-30-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by yoshz400rider
i came to this site through atvriders.com didnt know it was exriders right away cuz i never owned a honda

How long ago did you find the ATVriders.com name linked to EXriders.com? I was curious if anyone noticed it because it has been linked since June.

JTRtrx250r
11-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Actually, I changed it to Hardley:devil: :devil: :D ;)

phatswinn
11-30-2004, 09:33 AM
No matter what anyone says, whether you like it or not, this site has become so popular theres no wayt o say its just for hondas anymore

in the 4 years ive been a member on this site, ive watched the technology, expertise, and welcome for everyone to share information no matter what you ride grow into something truly great, theres been a few a-holes in the past (do i need to say names?) but 99% of everyone here is always helpful and kind.

Everything we have gained on this site its no wonder were growing, from the first atricle in dirtwheels, to ama site of the year its grown into a dominating force of opinion and fact and a encyclopedia of every known problem, aftermarket part, new information and tricks to help anyone out with there daily riding routine.

Whether exriders.com, atvriders.com, or whatever it may turn into in the future, this is still the home of a ever growing family of riders of all ages, the ever growing largest atv club in the world, and frankly the best dang addiction to have!!

We all made this happen and i think we would all agree that more information, knowlege, and idiots with no lives will only make this site better in ever aspect!

[end]

:devil: :D

11-30-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm new here and I really love this site. Im a member of every other site that is popular but exriders is the most informative and most proffesional one. I really appreciate that you guys considered that there are alot of other riders that dont ride red. I have no problems with Honda, I think they make excellent ATV's especially the 450R. I think it was a mature move and will definately pay off. I myself own a YFZ and find myself coming here more for info since I've joined, than any of the other YFZ sites. The reason why I didnt join earlier was because of the name , I thought it was strictly a Honda forum. Thanks for providing us with a great place to come and fulfill all of our ATV needs!!!:cool:

YOU GUYS ROCK!!:devil:

SGA
11-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Harley? Ok, Harley it is.

yoshz400rider
11-30-2004, 07:43 PM
to answer ur question harlen I came thru the name about august maybe september