PDA

View Full Version : piston?

drifterx
11-24-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm still debating on an 11:1 compression stock bore piston, and a drop in cam, and rev box, since i'm taking apart my engine real soon to put in a new output shaft, then calling it good for a while. I was thinking instead, just to leave the engine and get a full system exhaust, K&N, and jet kit, in about another year or so when i have the money for a 330 or 350 kit, just go with that. What do you guys think? How often would i have to rebuild it with the 11:1? I was hoping to run on this for a long time, like 4 years or so. I'll might go with the HMF/White Brothers combo everyone is doing right now, everyone seems to love it. But i was thinking about sparks too. How much would a Sparks X-4 cost, and where would i get it? What do you guys think? Thanks! :)

honduh440
11-25-2004, 07:35 AM
correct me if im wrong but you can spend about 40 bux to get your cylinder bored to a 330 or 350 whichever u want and u might spend 10 bux more on a bigger piston than what u will spend on a stock bore 11.1 so i would take care of that now or atleast give it a few weeks to save the extra cash while its apart

on the exhaust question their is nothing better then sparks pipe on a honda

drifterx
11-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the reply. It would cost me more than that for a 330 or 350, because if i got it, i'd want to put all the stuff on it so it would run up to its true potential with that kit. And i want to wait on a 330 or 350, sharpen my skills a little while its stock. I'm taking apart my engine by myself, so after this, i'll know how to do it again if i need to. And i'll be able to put a 330 or 350 in by myself (but not the boring out part) and save on expenses. I thought i could get the motor ready for a big bore (with a nice pipe, filter and jet kit) while i have the money for it now, so i can just get the bore kit when i get the money for it in a while. I'll probably get a rev box too. Where do you buy sparks? Directly from sparks racing or what?

cals400ex
11-25-2004, 10:34 AM
buy sparks products through C&D. it is cheaper than buying it from sparks.

honduh440
11-25-2004, 02:39 PM
yeah call c&d see what they can do also i see your from kansas if ur near wichita go to N-motion and order it that is where i got mine and i didnt have to pay for shipping either 316 2628900

drifterx
11-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Do you think they would let me pick it up directly from the store? I live in Marysville, its about 10 miles away from the nebraska border. My dad works on the railroad and is working in North Platte all the time, i thought he could pick it up, and save me some money on shipping.