PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot HD's = HEAVY

remlapr
11-24-2004, 09:10 PM
The big brown truck dropped of a set this morning and holy sh*t. I picked up the box and thought they had accidently put them on rims or something. I have a set of 22" razr1's that aren't on rims sitting around and one HD felt like it weighed almost twice as much as one of the 22" razr's. I've heard great things about them, that's why I wanted to give them a try - but I had no idea about the weight so wanted to give a heads up to others; these things may be extremely flat resistant, but they are bricks...

Out_Sider
11-24-2004, 09:53 PM
ever picked up a razr II? they weigh about the same as the HD

wheeltrax
11-24-2004, 10:06 PM
The HD's are heavy.. I could stand on the sidewall and they didnt budge either.. They grip awesomely as well. I like them

TC426EX
11-24-2004, 10:14 PM
The Holeshot HD and the Razr II are BOTH heavy tires. I guess thats why they are meant to stay on the ground and arent for MX. I alternate between 2 tire/gearing combos. Razr II's for trails and Razr MX for the track. I have ridden the HD's on a friends 450R and they work about similar to the Razr II. Youll appreciate the traction and flat resistance (although we all know ANY tire can get a flat...) If you do woods/trail riding, you wont mind the weight, and I think youll really actually love those tires for that purpose after a while...

Admin
11-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Hands down, the HD is the best MUD tire that I have ever used including the RazrII. Yes, the HD tires are heavy, and I only use them for rocky or muddy conditions.

markk
11-25-2004, 03:33 PM
I love ITP, even though im running Maxxis right now, But think about a Woods Bike, they really dont have to be all the light weight do they?? I mean i could run the lightest of light parts on my quad, and its still not gona matter, Just cuz im a BIG OL BOY, I figgur if its gona work well, the weight doesnt matter!

I try to not have to move my quad my hand all that often~!

Harlen, do you run just XCT otherwise, when your not running HD's?

MadMax27
11-28-2004, 12:16 PM
I love my Razr 2's. Ive never felt a HD to see how much it weighs, but I know my 22" Razrs arent that heavy, mounted on Douglass black labels, they are maybe a pound heavier per tire than stockers ( Rear ). Just my .02