PDA

View Full Version : won't start????? please help

crday98
11-24-2004, 06:27 PM
my 400 was sitting for about 6 months.i went to start it and it won't start. i changed the plug,tried a few new plugs and a few old ones,completely drained the tank and filled it with fresh fuel,cleaned the lines,cleaned the carb because there was moisture in it,tried a different carb,put it on a charger to make sure it was turning over fast enough and it still won't fire.i know in the cold days of last winter,it would always need a jump to get it to fire.i found that it was realted to the white bros rev box.it would start fine with the stock rev box.i don't have a stocker laying around to find out if this is the root of my problem.is it possible that it took a chit all together? it is getting fuel and it is getting spark and sounds like it wants to fire but it doesn't. any ideas of what it could possibly be? is there something else i should be checking? i am all out of ideas:confused:
can anyone help????

honduh440
11-25-2004, 07:43 AM
try and pull the quad with a truck or another quad and drop it into 2nd gear

dunedragger
11-25-2004, 07:52 AM
Dont worry its your rev box. Find a stock one, put it back in, take it to a dealer who knows what they are doing and have your bike rejetted. You should never have a problem with your aftermarket rev box if you have it jetted correctly. What jet are you running anyway. I have a stock rev box if you need one. Just let me know.

crday98
11-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by dunedragger
Dont worry its your rev box. Find a stock one, put it back in, take it to a dealer who knows what they are doing and have your bike rejetted. You should never have a problem with your aftermarket rev box if you have it jetted correctly. What jet are you running anyway. I have a stock rev box if you need one. Just let me know. i forgot to add that i have tried 5 different size jets but still no luck with trying a 165 main on the last one.what do you want for the stock rev box?

chucked
11-25-2004, 04:56 PM
omg why didnt u check for spark?

crday98
11-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by chucked
omg why didnt u check for spark?
omg,why don't you read the post and you will see that i stated "it is getting spark";)

chucked
11-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by crday98
omg,why don't you read the post and you will see that i stated "it is getting spark";)

oops my bad. Then if its getting spark its not the rev box. Unless its not getting enough spark, or sparking at the wrong time.