PDA

View Full Version : Stock better than Works?

atvracr350
11-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Are works triple rate with rezzies supposed to bottom out easier than stock or do i have mine set at the softest setting. I just bought mine used and i put them on and jumped on my front end an i think they bottomed out. My stock ones never did that so did i get like screwed over or can this be fixed relatively easy?

wheeltrax
11-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Since they are used.. they could either be worn out, or they need to be revalved. Id get them revalved for your weight anyways. They will be MUCH better then stock.

atvracr350
11-24-2004, 06:37 PM
The guy i bought them from said they were serviced a year ago and they are set up for a 170 to 180 pound rider which is my weight. I just went and rode with them and they do better than stock but they just seem like if i hit and size jump they are gonna bottom out bad so what can i do to fix it or will revalving them fix it.

wheeltrax
11-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Hopefully Jeff sees this post, He seems the be the shock expert, he knows alot more then i do about shocks. Every pair of works i have ridden on has been awesome, and never bottomed them out

markk
11-25-2004, 03:36 PM
If u bought them used, U could have gotten shafted!
Anyways, works are amazing over stocks i would have them mabey resprung, and rebuilt! And then work with your shocks and get them setup! It will be shocking to u, to feel what they are suposed to work like!

norrisboat
11-25-2004, 08:01 PM
If they were originally valved for your weight then they dont need to be rebuilt. They should be serviced though. New oil and seals. After awhile your oil will break down inside the shock. If your shocks were built with a cheap oil then it definitly could be broken down after a year.

Have someone else ride you bike and see what their opinions on your shocks are.

crazyatvn
11-27-2004, 09:28 PM
you always could try to move the preload clip down a few and try that it will not cost you anything to do.

11-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by markk
If u bought them used, U could have gotten shafted!
Anyways, works are amazing over stocks i would have them mabey resprung, and rebuilt! And then work with your shocks and get them setup! It will be shocking to u, to feel what they are suposed to work like! 4 puns.....:blah: