PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

MXRACER86
11-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Do you think A 2005 Z400 with 440 kit and hot cams wil be just as fast as a YFZ450 or a TRX450? I am doing motocross so all out power is not nessecary right?

TC426EX
11-24-2004, 03:21 PM
the Suzuki motor is definitely fast and has the capability to hang with both the quads you mentioned... Problem is, it takes ALOT more money to get similar performance. A 440 piston and cam are not gonna cut it with those bikes. Youll need a full motor kit and carb thats gonna run you a grand or two. You seem to be trying to make a decision between these 3 bikes, and I say avoid the suzuki at all costs... I have a friend with one who has had a problem with every part on the thing and so have many others. The 450 or yfz will be almost ready to hit the track right out of the box with a few chassis upgrades and a pipe. I am unimpressed with the Z400, and even though suzuki made some changes to it, I still dont see it being very reliable based on its track record. If youre looking to get a 2005 the YFZ or the 450R are EASILY both better choices for every reason. There is nothing the suzuki does better than those 2 bikes, and its only going to cost you a TON more money to even get that bike in the ballpark as the others...

MXRACER86
11-24-2004, 03:24 PM
yea I guess your right im just so confused on which kind of quad to get