PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going 125cc?

wolf91
11-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Now that the rules for the GNC series allow 4 strokes in the 90 class to go up to 125cc, does anyone plan to go that big? We have a 107, and that's the biggest you can go with out splitting the cases and stroking it. Would an atc 125m top end go on a trx90 bottom end? We have all the suspension we need, now we need more motor.

Pappy
11-24-2004, 08:10 AM
im no expert but from what ive been told going bigger on a 90 cylinder doesnt necassarliy mean much more power then can be had with other mods?

ive been told to run basically a stock bore with cam, porting , comression etc and the engine will produce good power without scarificing durability.

im no expert so if someone has more info im all ears

dirtmomma
11-24-2004, 08:26 AM
My brother put a big bore kit w/ 110 head on thier 90 w/ an xr100 carb & it gets up & goes pretty darn good!! :)

AtvMxRider
11-24-2004, 04:01 PM
We will be going to a 2 stroke next year;)

QuadJunkies
11-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
im no expert but from what ive been told going bigger on a 90 cylinder doesnt necassarliy mean much more power then can be had with other mods?

ive been told to run basically a stock bore with cam, porting , comression etc and the engine will produce good power without scarificing durability.

im no expert so if someone has more info im all ears

What Pappy says is what were hearing as well.... ;) Were keeping it more reliable ,less tweaking, as well

ROBBSRACING
11-25-2004, 02:13 AM
Yes we will be going to the TRX for the coming season. However im not selling the Kasea untill we have had sufficient time testing the 125. The TRX for sure has way more top end than any of the CVT minis, but it will take an experienced rider to use it. As far as how big you can go without splitting the cases 116cc.

212racing
11-25-2004, 11:59 PM
yes we will have my sons back together in dec.
i have rode some of icracing's 125's

fast!!!!! very fast.

11-29-2004, 06:00 PM
125cc in a 90 is just sick!!!:eek2:

11-29-2004, 06:00 PM
125cc in a 90 is just sick!!!:eek2:

lil400exdude
11-29-2004, 06:17 PM
wanna buy a trx 125 motor?

markvette
11-30-2004, 09:38 AM
not to start anything but just got to ask. if the 125 4 stroke is way faster than the 90cc 2 stroker arent the 2 strokes gonna be at a disadvantage this year ? i myself dont agree with the 125cc rule. the trx 90 has proved in the nationals that it can hang with and beat the 90cc 2 strokes. we have a local honda that wins many races and always is in the top 3. it looked pretty even to me before the rule change. if the 4 strokes can go to 125 than they should let us run our 108 stroker 2 strokes. of course we could always run one of our 112 or 122 2 strokes and bigger is being developed as i write this.

Mark

212racing
12-01-2004, 09:11 AM
hi
class rules generally:
youth production 13-15: 200cc 2stroke= 300cc 4stroke
bigger quads and bikes: 250cc 2stroke= 450cc 4stroke
90 youth: 90cc 2 stroke= 125cc 4stroke ? time will tell next year.

you have read the same stuff i have about no matter how much you build up the (ronda)it will never keep up with a properly set-up 90cc 2 stroke. i heard old smokie won the series down there. that is where i think ronda has the advantage, reliability. do you think the 2strokes can handle that many cc's race after race? heard there was a lot of them melting down that last race?

good luck in 05

thanks

keith

markvette
12-01-2004, 09:56 AM
yes ole smokie won the state championship race at rock hill a couple of weeks ago. now as paul harvey would say, now for the rest of the story. before the races started 2 2 strokes broke their frame and yes one 2 stroke did seize. first moto our eton pulled the holeshot and walked off, won by a third of a lap. second place in that moto was riley holt on a 70cc 2 stroke and yes i said 70 and third was ole smokey. riley holt seized the motor on the 70 on the last lap and was in second ahead of ole smokey till that happened. second moto riley holt did not run, bubba pulled the holeshot and streched out about a 20 to 25 quad lead over ole smokey. last lap a rear motor mount on our eton broke causing the motor to cock in the frame taking out the tranny gears so yes ole smoke won and really has a race to brag about. real good people they applauded when my son broke down. 2 other 2 strokes broke down befor the race with broke frames but no engine failures. riley holt did not run his other predator as billy heard a noise during practice after breaking a belt and decided to park the quad. after inspection the next day the noise was found to be coming from the kick start mech. and not the motor. we have run our 108 stroker for over a year with no engine failures, just one tear down for rings which it did not reall need but i did anyway. whoever is feeding you info about our races here needs to tell you the whole story next time.

now back to what i was saying, the 4 stroke honda can run with the 2 strokes so why give them nore cc'c. and as far as the other classes and 2 stroke versus 4 stroke there is no comparison. the 2 stroke cvt's do not make near the power as a same cc 2 stroke motorcycle engine. if that is the idea then why cant we run a cr80 2 stroke in this class. because it outpowers the cvt 2 strokes and 90 cc 4 strokes 2 to 1. like i said before not trying to start anything just giving my opinion.

Mark

QuadJunkies
12-01-2004, 12:39 PM
I was just reading the article at work last night... Nice job !!!

dirtmomma
12-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I was just reading the article at work last night... Nice job !!! Good Lord lady put the article down & GET BACK TO WORK LOL ;):o :p :devil: J/K

wolf91
12-01-2004, 03:27 PM
At the nationals this year there was only one honda up front and that was the McVeigh boy. There was NO WAY that thing was 90cc this year. A Honda will still NOT win the MX or TT points in the nationals in '05. As for the GNCC races?? Probably so. We race a Honda so don't think I'm a 2stroke fan, because I'm not. A built Kasea or even Polaris are bad ***. They won't drop the cc's, because they won't have to. I would like to have seen them do the 90cc stock class so us parents don't have to go broke building mini's.:rolleyes:

markvette
12-01-2004, 03:37 PM
that quad was tore down and was a 90cc. that boy can ride, he would do good on a power wheels. thats what a lot of people are not getting. rider makes a big difference. 6 months ago the local honda i wrote about smoked my son every race but my sons riding ability has vastly improved, now the honda is lucky to see his rear tires. nothing was done to our quad, same we ran 6 months ago just my son is a much better rider. many of our local riders have done the same thing. 6 months ago they ran back of the pack now they are up front fighting for one of the top 3 positions.

Mark

QuadJunkies
12-01-2004, 11:50 PM
-
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Good Lord lady put the article down & GET BACK TO WORK LOL ;):o :p :devil: J/K WTF.... how the he!! did that post HERE... :huh that was supposed to post in another thread about Santo!!!:o LMAO!!!!
I like educating all the grasshoppas at work......... :D hehehe

212racing
12-02-2004, 07:56 AM
sorry wolf that quad is 90cc i was there when hetrick measured it.
and besides that charlie sr. would not CHEAT. mark, my son has raced quite a few worked over eton,kasea,polaris,and dinli's.
they break a lot, frames,trans,engines,etc...we race from apr. to nov. all over the midwest. this will be dan-o's 7th year racing. so we have seen many quads race.
i was just wondering if you thought they would stand up to
a whole season being at 122cc's. they must generate a ton of power.

markvette
12-02-2004, 08:36 AM
well we have had our problems like anyone else. motor not many, our 108 stroker has a ton of hours on it, the tranny and cases that broke were the original 99 items. none of the quads are built for what we do with them. 2 stroke have always been more maintenance than 4 strokes but are cheaper to work on and fix, so you have a trade off there. also anytime you mod a motor 2 or 4 stroke you will loose realiability. as far as the bigger 2 strokes 112 or 122 we will just have to see if they will stand up, only time will tell

Mark

chadw
12-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Anybody looking for a TRX 90 I have a nice one.

2001 model
Powroll race kit w/cam
Works shocks
Alum rims + Tires
DG Alum nurfs
Renthal Bars

My boy raced it one year around Minnesota & now has a 300ex

$2,200 or best

Call me @ 612-889-1695

ACME ROCKET CO.
12-19-2004, 06:57 AM
It would appear that with the Elka Long travel Shocks mated with K-FAbs Suspension through out, the Frame Breaking problems don't exist.
So I'll be real happy when the mini's come with long travel technology, real race inspired engineered geometry and race engines.
The technology we get when the CVT's are bought is equivalent to 1969 or 1968 Motocross Technology. So when can we jump forward 35 years and let our kids FLY? All of us take this very serious but the Manufactures don't.
I would think if Polaris could sell 40,000 Pred 90's worldwide then some one In the Big 4 could sell a 200,000 race inspired mini's, and then become the dominate force and make others follow. America is the smaller market for mini-quads. What about overseas where the things are a form of transportation?
Wouldn't it be nice to start on a auto-matic and move them up to a Quad CRF 125 4 stroke. Or a Yamaha YZ 100 quad. And for the Blaster Class a new Honda Powered 250 CRF MOTOR.
That thing can make over 40 Horsepower!

12-20-2004, 03:09 PM
cobra is now making a nasty race ready 70cc quad w/ full susp. retail is $7995 it looks SICK:eek2: