PDA

View Full Version : another pipe thread

RedRider55
11-24-2004, 08:03 AM
what is the best pipe for the 450r sound wise. i don't really care about power, it's already got enough power, i just want it to sound good

Jersey450R
11-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Honda450R + HMF Pipe = Incredible Sound

mikes450r
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
hahahah....its going to be the same as the last pipe thread...well im going to say sparks is the best...what you can do for any pipe thread is just go to any other thread and read the bottom of posts..everyone is going to say the exaust that they have..

Thump_It
11-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by mikes450r
hahahah....its going to be the same as the last pipe thread...well im going to say sparks is the best...what you can do for any pipe thread is just go to any other thread and read the bottom of posts..everyone is going to say the exaust that they have..

Well of Course, the WB Aluminum Race pipe sounds the best.....lol.
But seriously, all the race pipes sound pretty good, HMF, Sparks, WB, Yoshi, FMF and the list goes on. I guess since you aren't looking for much power, get the one that looks the best.

mikes450r
11-24-2004, 11:19 AM
ya i agree i dont think you will notice much power difference in the above metioned exaust..so i would also go with what looks best..hmf has alot of different colors...but if your bikes black i like the carbon yoshi the best with it

ZRider400
11-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
Honda450R + HMF Pipe = Incredible Sound

i agree:macho

11-24-2004, 03:44 PM
i like sparks the best for sound and power :macho

jeepnrocks
11-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Here are a couple video clips of the pulse charger.
They were taken from a digital camera so the sound quality isn't completely accurate but I still think it sounds great.
pulse charger video (http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3333&st=135)

BOONE450R
11-24-2004, 04:43 PM
the HMF comes in colors, colors that change with time and a little heat. YOSHI Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:blah:

chris450R
11-24-2004, 04:49 PM
well hey man i have a sound clip of my sparks exhaust that i recorded today but i am not sure how to post it. or ot get it in the right format. so if anyone knows how pm me or something and let me know so i can post it.

brutus
11-24-2004, 05:00 PM
I like my HMF bill balance ALOT!

ms250r
11-24-2004, 05:28 PM
If u want to be unique and run something alot of guys are not running, get the Gt thunder pipe. He makes good parts, looks good, and sounds really good. :D

devil6
11-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
Here are a couple video clips of the pulse charger.
They were taken from a digital camera so the sound quality isn't completely accurate but I still think it sounds great.
pulse charger video (http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3333&st=135) I love the sound of the pulse charger. Not too loud or sharp. Friendly on the ears, but still makes the best power of any pipe to date. IMO it's the best sounding pipe out. Full race without the harshness. Check it out. WWW.pulsecharger.net

Out_Sider
11-24-2004, 09:57 PM
i think the HMF gives more of a power than the sparks

Jersey450R
11-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i think the HMF gives more of a power than the sparks
you got that right!

450 Racer R
11-25-2004, 10:41 AM
lol most people on here have only run two different exhausts on their R. The one that came stock, and the one that they have now. Most don't even have a different exhaust, just a different muffler. Most mufflers, silencers, are the same. They have a straight through design and are all about the same size. You'll see the same performance gains with any aftermarket muffler. The only one's that I've seen that look different are the gt thunder and the tc. They both have a shorter "can" when compared to the rest.

You're thinking about the yoshi... I say go for it. I had the TRS pro system on mine and it hauled ***. Wasn't too loud either.

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
lol most people on here have only run two different exhausts on their R. The one that came stock, and the one that they have now. Most don't even have a different exhaust, just a different muffler. Most mufflers, silencers, are the same. They have a straight through design and are all about the same size. You'll see the same performance gains with any aftermarket muffler. The only one's that I've seen that look different are the gt thunder and the tc. They both have a shorter "can" when compared to the rest.

You're thinking about the yoshi... I say go for it. I had the TRS pro system on mine and it hauled ***. Wasn't too loud either.

once again YOSHI:blah:

450 Racer R
11-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by BOONE450R
once again YOSHI:blah:

I like my TC better but most have a problem with their ears ringing:eek2:

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 11:15 AM
yes Ive HEARD there loud

MadMax27
11-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Holy Jumped Up Jesus! $690 for a "Pulsecharger" NO THANK YOU. That would get you a complete Flowmaster American Thunder system for any application they offer. Then with the left over money, you could pay for dinner for 3 at Redlobster..........

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by MadMax27
Holy Jumped Up Jesus! $690 for a "Pulsecharger" NO THANK YOU. That would get you a complete Flowmaster American Thunder system for any application they offer. Then with the left over money, you could pay for dinner for 3 at Redlobster..........
yes its a little pricey but Mixxer (the owner of the company) states that they will be worth it. its a new era in pipes.:macho

devil6
11-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by MadMax27
Holy Jumped Up Jesus! $690 for a "Pulsecharger" NO THANK YOU. That would get you a complete Flowmaster American Thunder system for any application they offer. Then with the left over money, you could pay for dinner for 3 at Redlobster.......... I know, it's pricey, but it makes more power than ANY other pipe out, and it's harder to get hp from a small motor than a V8, so you pay the price. I can put a blower on my car and get afr aluminum heads, a cam, and darn near a whole bottom end for what u pay for a new 450r, so i guess each hobby can make u broke. Doesent white brothers have a system for almost $900? Now THAT"S a rip.

mikes450r
11-25-2004, 06:52 PM
how much more can the pulse make in hp than any other exaust

11-25-2004, 07:06 PM
pulse charger lmao...talk about the biggest bs i ever heard in my life...that must be y this same guy said he posts HP numbers freely and says to email him for them...then u do and he doesnt tell u...ya thats real open...HEY GUYS I BET IF WE PUT RICOS COFFEE CAN EXHAUST ON IT WILL MAKE MORE HP THAN NETHING!!! I CAN POST THE HP NUMBER!!! ya right talk about some ****...this pulse charger is gonna be the next latest thing for the scrap pile...$690 for a pos...when u can get a titanium yoshi for that cost...or a sparks big bore and a high comp piston...im pretty sure a dg prolly makes more hp then that thing...how bout u prove its fast before u go around saying its good...cuz in my opinion it looks like the stupidest thing i ever seen and belongs on a jet...and for 2 if this design were so great then y dont drag cars use them since they have more R&D work put in to make them as fast as possible...im sure u will say if they had pulse chargers they would make more hp right?...ya right :huh

devil6
11-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by mikes450r
how much more can the pulse make in hp than any other exaust I'm not saying too mutch out of respect for the owner who will lay all others to waste when he does the dirtwheels dyno thing, coming up soon, but his pipe beat the hell out of a pro circuit, one of the currently best performing pipes out. all the way across the rpm range. . It works, i saw the print out. plain and simple.

devil6
11-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
pulse charger lmao...talk about the biggest bs i ever heard in my life...that must be y this same guy said he posts HP numbers freely and says to email him for them...then u do and he doesnt tell u...ya thats real open...HEY GUYS I BET IF WE PUT RICOS COFFEE CAN EXHAUST ON IT WILL MAKE MORE HP THAN NETHING!!! I CAN POST THE HP NUMBER!!! ya right talk about some ****...this pulse charger is gonna be the next latest thing for the scrap pile...$690 for a pos...when u can get a titanium yoshi for that cost...or a sparks big bore and a high comp piston...im pretty sure a dg prolly makes more hp then that thing...how bout u prove its fast before u go around saying its good...cuz in my opinion it looks like the stupidest thing i ever seen and belongs on a jet...and for 2 if this design were so great then y dont drag cars use them since they have more R&D work put in to make them as fast as possible...im sure u will say if they had pulse chargers they would make more hp right?...ya right :huh My, u are an angry youg man. And what pipe may i ask that u praise? it's probably made by the power pro's anyways. Do you realize that EVERY CURRENT DESIGN is a freakin cherry bomb with a diff skin? I'm not giving out dyno numbers at the owners request, but if you tell me what pipe u have, i can probably give you dyno numbers for how mutch power your pipe doesen't make. lol. The titanium yoshi isn't that great from what i've seen. It just looks neat. Or can you give me some scientific reason why it's triangle? How about you apoligize when you see the dirtwheels test and it beats up on your pipe and all the others? Do you always judge a product by it's looks? Doesen't it have enough bling bling for ya? oh, by the way, the sparks pipe isn't built by them anyways. http://thepowerpros.com/ these guys build about 90% of aftermarket pipes, with subtle changes for the purchaser. Do you have any facts for me?

11-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by devil6
My, u are an angry youg man. And what pipe may i ask that u praise? it's probably made by the power pro's anyways. Do you realize that EVERY CURRENT DESIGN is a freakin cherry bomb with a diff skin? I'm not giving out dyno numbers at the owners request, but if you tell me what pipe u have, i can probably give you dyno numbers for how mutch power your pipe doesen't make. lol. The titanium yoshi isn't that great from what i've seen. It just looks neat. Or can you give me some scientific reason why it's triangle? How about you apoligize when you see the dirtwheels test and it beats up on your pipe and all the others? Do you always judge a product by it's looks? Doesen't it have enough bling bling for ya? oh, by the way, the sparks pipe isn't built by them anyways. http://thepowerpros.com/ these guys build about 90% of aftermarket pipes, with subtle changes for the purchaser. Do you have any facts for me?

ok and where do u see they are built by power pros...looks to me all they build is their own pipes...and ya i have facts...engine builder of the year...sparks...4 stroke drags...sparks...where do i see anywhere the lil jet engine thing u call the PULSE CHARGER...sounds like a womens sex toy if u ask me...:eek2: ...curtis...won championships...good racer...knows his stuff...pulse charger...no name person tryin to make some bux off of somethin that looks like a jet engine...i bet i wont see sparks vs pulse charger in dirt wheels...u kno y...cuz it would get dominated...u cant tell me a sparks big core on a 500cc race R would make less hp then the pulse charger...and if it did...the pulse charger might take a few minutes to build up its turbine for power LOL :macho

Thump_It
11-25-2004, 07:59 PM
I'm with you XxHondaRacerxX. It sounds like they are blowing smoke up peoples arses. If it is so special wouldn't they be dying to get their numbers out to start selling? That would make sense to me. If the big numbers can't be given, maybe someone isn't so proud of their results???...

That pipe looks ridiculours by the way.

devil6
11-25-2004, 08:00 PM
ok and where do u see they are built by power pros...looks to me all they build is their own pipes...and ya i have facts...engine builder of the year...sparks...4 stroke drags...sparks...where do i see anywhere the lil jet engine thing u call the PULSE CHARGER...sounds like a womens sex toy if u ask me...:eek2: ...curtis...won championships...good racer...knows his stuff...pulse charger...no name person tryin to make some bux off of somethin that looks like a jet engine...i bet i wont see sparks vs pulse charger in dirt wheels...u kno y...cuz it would get dominated...u cant tell me a sparks big core on a 500cc race R would make less hp then the pulse charger...and if it did...the pulse charger might take a few minutes to build up its turbine for power LOL :macho Ok, for 1, i checked your profile, and i thought you might not be a bad guy seeing how u like paintball. I would love to hear what gun u have. A spyder? lol. Look, i'm sick of arguing with 13 year olds who work at BBQ's, so i'll make this short, If your in the know, And if you have a background in motors, you understand that little companys dont have the money for all the tooling and machines that it takes to Build their own pipe. I respect sparks, i used to look up to him in the 80's because of his honda three wheeler racing accomplishments. BUT, i highly doubt, i'll have to check, that he actually makes his own pipes. And once again, how does his pipe differ from another with a big hole in the end? I have in my hand a dyno sheet from the inventor of the PC, and his lil 450 beat the heck out a 500 BB with full yoshi and sparks cam, etc. But i'm not posting it. I'll just say his bike made around 7 more horse at one point then the 500. the owner of that 500 posts here as well, he even wrote about it, and he tuned his quad first on the owners dyno. You'll see the facts soon. Thsi is a NEW disign, not a simple bling pipe. But a proven disign that i wrote off at first too, till his quads beat everything else that got next to them at the dunes. Then i met the man woh disigned them, he explained them to me, and it blew my mind. you'll see........

11-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Ok, for 1, i checked your profile, and i thought you might not be a bad guy seeing how u like paintball. I would love to hear what gun u have. A spyder? lol. Look, i'm sick of arguing with 13 year olds who work at BBQ's, so i'll make this short, If your in the know, And if you have a background in motors, you understand that little companys dont have the money for all the tooling and machines that it takes to Build their own pipe. I respect sparks, i used to look up to him in the 80's because of his honda three wheeler racing accomplishments. BUT, i highly doubt, i'll have to check, that he actually makes his own pipes. And once again, how does his pipe differ from another with a big hole in the end? I have in my hand a dyno sheet from the inventor of the PC, and his lil 450 beat the heck out a 500 BB with full yoshi and sparks cam, etc. But i'm not posting it. I'll just say his bike made around 7 more horse at one point then the 500. the owner of that 500 posts here as well, he even wrote about it, and he tuned his quad first on the owners dyno. You'll see the facts soon. Thsi is a NEW disign, not a simple bling pipe. But a proven disign that i wrote off at first too, till his quads beat everything else that got next to them at the dunes. Then i met the man woh disigned them, he explained them to me, and it blew my mind. you'll see........

i guess i will c...for 1 im not 13...and for 2 i dont own a spyder...but i will c...when sparks smokes his lil turbine pipe...cuz there is no way this thing is gonna beat a 500cc 450R...just with a pipe...but alright...guess i will find out lol

devil6
11-25-2004, 08:10 PM
i guess i will c...for 1 im not 13...and for 2 i dont own a spyder...but i will c...when sparks smokes his lil turbine pipe...cuz there is no way this thing is gonna beat a 500cc 450R...just with a pipe...but alright...guess i will find out lol I never said it was just with a pipe, he had plenty of stuff dont, but it was still a 450. so what gun do you have? and what pipe do you have? a sparks i presume?

11-25-2004, 08:12 PM
I never said it was just with a pipe, he had plenty of stuff dont, but it was still a 450. so what gun do you have? and what pipe do you have? a sparks i presume?

a tippmann 98...but jus cuz i have that dont mean i kno nothing bout paintball....and jus cuz i have a sparks pipe dont mean i kno nothing bout engines...cuz i sure do....and i kno that this pipe is a big joke...and yes i have a sparks pipe

devil6
11-25-2004, 08:21 PM
a tippmann 98...but jus cuz i have that dont mean i kno nothing bout paintball....and jus cuz i have a sparks pipe dont mean i kno nothing bout engines...cuz i sure do....and i kno that this pipe is a big joke...and yes i have a sparks pipe So what sparks pipe do you have? and why do you love it so mutch? just wondering? I like the PC because for 1 it's not as loud as the others i've herd, witch is a issue at the dunes i ride. 2, it was tested against probably 6 diff pipes from all the top competitors, and it simply made better power across the whole rpm range, and that was on crf and yfz's. And i have a E-blade equipped cocker with the eclipse kit fyi. Capable or 40 bps, not with my fingers though.......

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 08:23 PM
pulse charger lmao...talk about the biggest bs i ever heard in my life...that must be y this same guy said he posts HP numbers freely and says to email him for them...then u do and he doesnt tell u...ya thats real open...HEY GUYS I BET IF WE PUT RICOS COFFEE CAN EXHAUST ON IT WILL MAKE MORE HP THAN NETHING!!! I CAN POST THE HP NUMBER!!! ya right talk about some ****...this pulse charger is gonna be the next latest thing for the scrap pile...$690 for a pos...when u can get a titanium yoshi for that cost...or a sparks big bore and a high comp piston...im pretty sure a dg prolly makes more hp then that thing...how bout u prove its fast before u go around saying its good...cuz in my opinion it looks like the stupidest thing i ever seen and belongs on a jet...and for 2 if this design were so great then y dont drag cars use them since they have more R&D work put in to make them as fast as possible...im sure u will say if they had pulse chargers they would make more hp right?...ya right :huh

dude you have no clue, step out side your box and look around evey now and then. take a look over at http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php? this might shed some light for you.

11-25-2004, 08:25 PM
So what sparks pipe do you have? and why do you love it so mutch? just wondering? I like the PC because for 1 it's not as loud as the others i've herd, witch is a issue at the dunes i ride. 2, it was tested against probably 6 diff pipes from all the top competitors, and it simply made better power across the whole rpm range, and that was on crf and yfz's. And i have a E-blade equipped cocker with the eclipse kit fyi. Capable or 40 bps, not with my fingers though.......

nice gun...and i have the sparks big core on my 450...i love it so much because they build bad *** products and i can feel and c the difference...and when i take it to the dunes...it smears the competition...and i love the power it makes compaired to the other pipes i have road...and who r these supposided top competitors and on what bike...cuz those r dirtbikes u mention or r u talkin about quads?

11-25-2004, 08:30 PM
dude you have no clue, step out side your box and look around evey now and then. take a look over at http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php? this might shed some light for you.

and where am i sposed to go?

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Search for pulse charger, or look up and read posts from MIXXER he is the owner of the company that is designing the pipes ask him some question. this dude is one smart puppy and knows his $h!t. look what he found out about the great sparks cam.:o

devil6
11-25-2004, 08:40 PM
nice gun...and i have the sparks big core on my 450...i love it so much because they build bad *** products and i can feel and c the difference...and when i take it to the dunes...it smears the competition...and i love the power it makes compaired to the other pipes i have road...and who r these supposided top competitors and on what bike...cuz those r dirtbikes u mention or r u talkin about quads? i'm talkin about quads. he hasnt tested on bikes. But he has a trx and a yamaha whatever it is 450. I'll find a link to the thread, hold on a sec.

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 08:43 PM
i think he is testing it on bikes to for (supermoto)

devil6
11-25-2004, 08:49 PM
i think he is testing it on bikes to for (supermoto) yah, i think ticeman did some r'&d on the headpipe, and it went rather well from what i read.

11-25-2004, 08:54 PM
this guy sounds like he does kno his stuff...ima call him tomorrow...whats the site and whats his phone #...thanks

devil6
11-25-2004, 08:59 PM
and where am i sposed to go? http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3520

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 08:59 PM
try this the main page will pop up in a couple seconds or you can skip the intro
http://www.pulsecharger.net/

devil6
11-25-2004, 09:04 PM
thanks for backing me up boone! I was hopin someone who knew about the pulsecharger would come along.

11-25-2004, 09:20 PM
well...i do have to say...he does know a lot...but so do i...and i still dont c this working how he says it supposidly does...and i dont really see it making much better numbers than nething else...if even better at all...plus for $700...ya right i aint paying that much unless he makes the thing out of titanium...i will wait or the dirtwheels review...but he is obviously rich as hell seeing he payed $400,000 for patents and stuff...so he prolly payed dirtwheels to say its good...jus like they did for the yfz...but who knows...i jus wish i knew someone around here that i could try out...then i could know for sure

Martin Blair
11-25-2004, 09:27 PM
well i have a yoshi pipe. And play paintball for lost gen and practice with desiel, btw I have a 2k4 shocktech timmy so stfu about paintball. And i would like to see your cocker shoot any paint at 40bps.

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 09:47 PM
well...i do have to say...he does know a lot...but so do i...and i still dont c this working how he says it supposidly does...and i dont really see it making much better numbers than nething else...if even better at all...plus for $700...ya right i aint paying that much unless he makes the thing out of titanium...i will wait or the dirtwheels review...but he is obviously rich as hell seeing he payed $400,000 for patents and stuff...so he prolly payed dirtwheels to say its good...jus like they did for the yfz...but who knows...i jus wish i knew someone around here that i could try out...then i could know for sure

did you read the part where he sent out FREE samples to people on the site to try out? hes on bluetraxx to, and did the same. yes they are pricey and not for every one . just the people looking for an edge on the competition . this guy is a wizard check out all of his post, did you read about the great vortex ignition?

11-25-2004, 09:48 PM
did you read the part where he sent out FREE samples to people on the site to try out? hes on bluetraxx to, and did the same. yes they are pricey and not for every one . just the people looking for an edge on the competition . this guy is a wizard check out all of his post, did you read about the great vortex ignition?

ya i saw the free samples...i wish i could try 1..but im sure he wouldnt give me it...and no i didnt c the vortex ignition part..what about it did he say?

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 09:49 PM
its a joke:D

11-25-2004, 09:50 PM
its a joke:D

what is..the vortex...or the free samples?

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 09:50 PM
you should join the site we could use a nother 450r man;)

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 09:51 PM
vortex , he has dyno runs with it posted.

11-25-2004, 09:51 PM
alright ill join it...but what was the joke?

11-25-2004, 09:52 PM
vortex , he has dyno runs with it posted.

o so its a totall pos?:eek2:

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 09:54 PM
check it out for your self its all there.
POS wast of MONEY:ermm:

chad502ex
11-25-2004, 09:55 PM

Xx, the theory behind his exhaust pipe would explode your mind if you had even a slight notion of the PC's negative sound waves that extract gases out the motor at an accelerated rate. negative waves are waves that bounce back to the motor and cause low pressures within the exhaust to assist in a vaccuum high flow rate through the system (so to speak). My point to all this is that,... yes, that pipe does cost big bucks (too much for me $700 ouch) and yes he has invested lots, but this is a way for him to protect his investment with patents he's obtained. Please don't slam what you understand without investigating the subject thoughroughy before you publically speak your opinion. I've learned my lesson.

you probally are wondering,... NO, I'm not in any way getting anything out of this except trying to keep an honest businessman reputation from being spoiled who has invested his career trying to make a product better from someone on the internet that is ignorant on the subject (ignorant is not a bad word) .

hope you understand what i mean.

chad502ex

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 09:55 PM
see you on the other side;)

BOONE450R
11-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
Xx, the theory behind his exhaust pipe would explode your mind if you had even a slight notion of the PC's negative sound waves that extract gases out the motor at an accelerated rate. negative waves are waves that bounce back to the motor and cause low pressures within the exhaust to assist in a vaccuum high flow rate through the system (so to speak). My point to all this is that,... yes, that pipe does cost big bucks (too much for me $700 ouch) and yes he has invested lots, but this is a way for him to protect his investment with patents he's obtained. Please don't slam what you understand without investigating the subject thoughroughy before you publically speak your opinion. I've learned my lesson.

you probally are wondering,... NO, I'm not in any way getting anything out of this except trying to keep an honest businessman reputation from being spoiled who has invested his career trying to make a product better from someone on the internet that is ignorant on the subject (ignorant is not a bad word) .

chad502ex :macho :macho :macho

11-25-2004, 10:02 PM

chad502ex

ok i getcha chad...but i dont get how that would make THAT much of a difference...sure a bit...but not as much as hes claiming

11-25-2004, 10:05 PM
maybe if he sponsors me and gives me 1 free...ill tell u how good they r...but until then...im stickin with the sparks :devil:

chad502ex
11-25-2004, 10:11 PM
ok i getcha chad...but i dont get how that would make THAT much of a difference...sure a bit...but not as much as hes claiming

Xx, thanks for understanding- I appreciate your willingness to. Just understand that if I had any $$ left over from the cost of my 550 build, I'd probally replace my CS X6 but right now I can't cause I'm all tapped out. Xx, its just that this pipe performs better on the top end and pulls up the tail end of the HP curve up. Right now I'm convinced but I'll wait for options and weight reduction techniques to be implemented after the first production run is over.

my 0.02.
chad502ex

11-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Xx, thanks for understanding- I appreciate your willingness to. Just understand that if I had any $$ left over from the cost of my 550 build, I'd probally replace my CS X6 but right now I can't cause I'm all tapped out. Xx, its just that this pipe performs better on the top end and pulls up the tail end of the HP curve up. Right now I'm convinced but I'll wait for options and weight reduction techniques to be implemented after the first production run is over.

my 0.02.
chad502ex

hows the low end on it compare to the sparks pipe...ill prolly do the same as u...or see if he will offer me a good enough sponsorship to get 1 free..seeing i jus bought a brand new sparks that aint even here yet from my sponsor :macho

chad502ex
11-25-2004, 10:18 PM
hows the low end on it compare to the sparks pipe...ill prolly do the same as u...or see if he will offer me a good enough sponsorship to get 1 free..seeing i jus bought a brand new sparks that aint even here yet from my sponsor :macho

From the dynos I've seen its better bottom end than Yoshi full and few others, but no direct comparision to CS. not just better bottom and top but better all round too.

good luck on free! Heh, he wouldn't give me one for free :(

chad550R!

speedy400
11-25-2004, 10:29 PM
honestly, I went to the site and read about the 4-stroke pipe tune article, I'm a big motor head, I'm only 16 and I've built many engines and such like that so I know a thing or 2. so my conclusion from what i read either he knows how to brain wash.. .really really well, or it looks like a great idea!! but the thing is WAY over priced, I meen sure I bet it took a ton of testing and figuring out exactly how long the expantion thing in the pipe has to be and what not but seems to me it would use about the same amount of material and creating of the peices as anyother pipe. So on a scale, I'd give is an 8.5 just because the redicules price.

chad502ex
11-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
honestly, I went to the site and read about the 4-stroke pipe tune article, I'm a big motor head, I'm only 16 and I've built many engines and such like that so I know a thing or 2. so my conclusion from what i read either he knows how to brain wash.. .really really well, or it looks like a great idea!! but the thing is WAY over priced, I meen sure I bet it took a ton of testing and figuring out exactly how long the expantion thing in the pipe has to be and what not but seems to me it would use about the same amount of material and creating of the peices as anyother pipe. So on a scale, I'd give is an 8.5 just because the redicules price.

physics is physics. you can't argue physics, but you can argue price! (as I have)

chad550r

devil6
11-25-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
well i have a yoshi pipe. And play paintball for lost gen and practice with desiel, btw I have a 2k4 shocktech timmy so stfu about paintball. And i would like to see your cocker shoot any paint at 40bps. Never said it would shoot paint, the test was done with plastic balls if i remem right, i'm sure if u are into p-ball as mutch as u claim,that u've prob seen the eclipse vid And that u know how my gun performs, but that is for a p-ball forum, so......

devil6
11-26-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by speedy400
honestly, I went to the site and read about the 4-stroke pipe tune article, I'm a big motor head, I'm only 16 and I've built many engines and such like that so I know a thing or 2. so my conclusion from what i read either he knows how to brain wash.. .really really well, or it looks like a great idea!! but the thing is WAY over priced, I meen sure I bet it took a ton of testing and figuring out exactly how long the expantion thing in the pipe has to be and what not but seems to me it would use about the same amount of material and creating of the peices as anyother pipe. So on a scale, I'd give is an 8.5 just because the redicules price. Guys' i understand your leary of this pipe. but it's pricy because of certain reasons. For 1, it flat works. and johns a perfectionist. He had to pay for a die for the custom tube extrusions. it has a ton of billet in it. it's Mil spec hard anodized.Thats why it's black. he had trouble with cone forming and headpipe fit, he tried many sources to get this done. Plus r&d time and money. So he needs to recoupe some of that $$$. If i had it my way, it would cost $100. but that wont happen. And no he's not rich. the pipe will speak for itself. and who knows, once he sells some, maybe the price will drop.

jeepnrocks
11-26-2004, 05:12 AM
if you look around you can find some dyno stuff. yes the pipe is pricey but if your willing to pay 550 for an exhaust then why not 675 ? I have talked to the owner at length and from what I have seen the pipe works better than anything out there plain and simple.
Also, as far as the price goes, well its a completely new exhaust design, different from anything out there. I'm sure a ton of money went into r&d and just about everything else needed for someone to start this type of business. I think the price of this pipe is far more justified than some of the others out there.

450 Racer R
11-26-2004, 09:32 AM
my money says this thing is never released. I've been reading about it for a couple months now. It's just a matter of time before the guy goes bankrupt and can't produce anything.

Jersey450R
11-26-2004, 10:16 AM
its most likely come out but i dont think its going to be that popular among racers.

devil6
11-26-2004, 10:20 AM
my money says this thing is never released. I've been reading about it for a couple months now. It's just a matter of time before the guy goes bankrupt and can't produce anything. Keep dreamin, You ever hear of investors? Is there a reaosn everyone at this site hates this pipe and idea? Yes, there are people aut there that are smarter than you. And they have the abilities to invent and produce things. Does everyone hate it because it looks different? Or is it because you are to stubborn to accept a new idea? Or maybe because you broke your piggybank to get the money to buy a cherrybomb for your quad? I tend to post about this pipe to help you guys find more power and quit gettin ripped off, and all everyone wants to do is argue and insult this pipe. So, i'm done, go ahead and be slow. I'll be passing you soon.........

450 Racer R
11-26-2004, 02:12 PM
I realize that the design creates a vacuum inside the muffler and helps to pull the exhaust gases out of the engine. But what I read on here about sending sound waves back... isn't that what a two stroke pipe does? why not just bolt up an esr 250r exhaust? It might cancel out the sound waves, but send them back to the motor? how would that be beneficial?

I know this exhaust would increase performance, but has there been any dyno sheets posted anywhere for the public to see? Has anyone but the guy that's developing the exhaust run it? If there's anyone on here that has this on there machine, please post a review.

As far as I'm concerned, this exhaust isn't the best you can get for your 450r. It isn't available yet. Maybe once it's for sale it'll be the best, but to reccomend it to someone? I wouldn't reccomend it. I haven't seen anything on it and despite it's great design, that's all it is, is a design. As far as I'm concerned, it's power is just theoretical. Until someone on here that isn't affiliated with the owner, (family, friend, neighbor) posts a review and pictures of it on their R. This exhaust isn't that great.

450 Racer R
12-02-2004, 01:29 PM

devil6
12-02-2004, 02:24 PM
. lol

450 Racer R
12-02-2004, 02:58 PM
no one has anything else to add?

devil6
12-02-2004, 03:46 PM
no one has anything else to add? Not i, i'm busy reading the review's from the guys who got free pulsechargers at other sites.

Jersey450R
12-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Not i, i'm busy reading the review's from the guys who got free pulsechargers at other sites.

HUH? :huh

brif
12-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Well, I have a dyno sheet in my hand that compares his bike: 13.8:1 piston, megacyle x1 cam, port, fcr carb and pulse charger versus my FST 500, sparks cam, jet kit and filter. I don't have a scanner buy maybe I'll see if I can take a pic of it and post it. I also had a pulse charger exhaust in my pocession aweek ago. So yes it's coming

450 Racer R
12-02-2004, 05:26 PM
I've got a dyno sheet of mine and it puts out 68hp and 72 tq :eek2:

brif
12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
More torque than horsepower? That doesn't seem right. Here's my the sheet. His is on the top in red and mine is under it in blue. Just as others have said the big difference is on the big end.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/tuffguy/2003_0101_000130.jpg

Here's the pipe with a johnson cam and valve springs just waiting to go in.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/tuffguy/bf4.jpg

450 racer, what mods do you have? If that dyno of yours is correct, that would make your bike putting out about 17 horsepower more than the most modded 450r's that I have ever heard of..............

Jersey450R
12-02-2004, 06:24 PM
That has got to be the Biggest, Ugliest, Stupid looking pipe i've ever seen. Put a megaphone on the end of your stock pipe and spray paint it black and there you go...PULSE CHARGER!

Jersey450R
12-02-2004, 06:27 PM
It might sound cool though :p

450 Racer R
12-02-2004, 06:35 PM
I know I just threw that out there. It's cool you posted the dyno up. That's the only one I've seen of it. But I don't think it's puts anything to shame. is that stock vs stock with just the different exhaust?

brif
12-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Here's a pic of what the rear looks like. Kinda like my dodge ram I guess, Love it or hate it. I love rams and this pipe.........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/tuffguy/bf3.jpg

devil6
12-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by brif
Well, I have a dyno sheet in my hand that compares his bike: 13.8:1 piston, megacyle x1 cam, port, fcr carb and pulse charger versus my FST 500, sparks cam, jet kit and filter. I don't have a scanner buy maybe I'll see if I can take a pic of it and post it. I also had a pulse charger exhaust in my pocession aweek ago. So yes it's coming Hey brif! when you get that installed do you have plans to dyno it? Last time i've been wondering what your bike would do with that exhaust mounted up!

brif
12-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by brif
Well, I have a dyno sheet in my hand that compares his bike: 13.8:1 piston, megacyle x1 cam, port, fcr carb and pulse charger versus my FST 500, sparks cam, jet kit and filter. I don't have a scanner buy maybe I'll see if I can take a pic of it and post it. I also had a pulse charger exhaust in my pocession aweek ago. So yes it's coming

No 450 racer, these are the differences as I posted earlier.

brif
12-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Hey brif! when you get that installed do you have plans to dyno it? Last time i've been wondering what your bike would do with that exhaust mounted up!

I was gonna to install the cam and the pipe and see. Then I've been talking to a guy about some porting and some big valves. When I got done dynoing this last time(as in this time), i told myself I was done with motor mods for awhile. Then the new cam shows up, then I get my new springs, then pipe and now I'm thinking since I gotta tear it down, whats another $500. It just never seems to end...........:devil:

450 Racer R
12-02-2004, 06:43 PM
hmm... I seen someone said they had 48 hp with just the 13:1 piston and the HC-2 cam. this is pushing 45 with the bigger compression and port job. something's not right:confused:

450 Racer R
12-02-2004, 06:51 PM
I love the design but I think it's over hyped. I'm suprised to see that it didn't lose all that much on the bottom end

brif
12-02-2004, 06:54 PM
All dyno's are different. I highest hp 450r I've seen with all the mods I have plus the big valve head, port job, 99mm 13.5:1 piston(my FST 99mm is 12:1) and the hrc cam was putting out alittle over 51HP.
450, you wouldn't see 48hp with those mods on this dyno. This dyno did both bikes within about 15mins. of each other on the same day/ dyno. Since the peak changes from dyno to dyno. The difference between the 2 different runs themselves is the comparison I want to make. I wasn't comparing peak here, just the difference between these 2 bikes.
BTW both bikes were jetted with an AFR for optimum jetting and the 2 comparison runs are the best of the 3 runs by each bike.......

450 Racer R
12-02-2004, 07:01 PM
it wasn't my bike that I said hit 48, it was another member on here. I didn't see a dyno, so far this is the only one and that's the best numbers I've seen. I agree that this would put alot on top, as it shows, but I feel it was over hyped. I don't like the fact that it doesn't kick in until about 4500 either. I'm sure that's because the design of the exhaust. It'd be nice to see two bikes dyno'd with the same mods with different exhausts. Like take the bike that made this run, and bolt up another exhaust.

brif
12-02-2004, 07:23 PM
I may be able to do that later. I have a full yoshi now...

Kilabanshee
12-02-2004, 07:26 PM
I have a sparks exhaust, hrc cam, and a k&n havenot had a chance to really test out any other 450r's with different work but the minor work I did really woke it up.

devil6
12-02-2004, 08:00 PM
it wasn't my bike that I said hit 48, it was another member on here. I didn't see a dyno, so far this is the only one and that's the best numbers I've seen. I agree that this would put alot on top, as it shows, but I feel it was over hyped. I don't like the fact that it doesn't kick in until about 4500 either. I'm sure that's because the design of the exhaust. It'd be nice to see two bikes dyno'd with the same mods with different exhausts. Like take the bike that made this run, and bolt up another exhaust. I don't think it's the pipe so mutch as the camshaft and head setup that the 450 has. I have a sheet showing the yamaha 450 with a pro circuit quiet VS pulsecharger sleeper, same bike, stock except for filter and lid off i do believe, and his pipe is beatin it the whole way through, the pipe allows for superior bottom end with more on top as well. He's 3 horse up most of the way. but the pc never drops below the pro circuit ever

jeepnrocks
01-05-2005, 03:05 PM
it wont be long before the pulsecharges is out now :) :) :)

devil6
01-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
it wont be long before the pulsecharges is out now :) :) :) Wow you must have dug deep to find this thread! Lol, i can't wait till the dirtwheels test mixx has been talkin about!

jeepnrocks
01-05-2005, 03:57 PM
haha it was linked in another thread i just figured i would dig it up :)
yeah i cant wait either. it would be even more funny to see some of the big names tested with their spark arrestor in :)

culookn
01-05-2005, 08:56 PM
theres defiently alot to back all of this hype up about this new pipe thats coming out. but personally i think its all just to get the name out in the publics eye. yes it may add the most hp and torq as well as out do any other pipe out today. you will still have your engine builders and people that will try and out do this new pipe. but the way i see it, you can only build a motor up so much, so even if you have this new pipe, im sure you can still build a motor thats comparable to it. plus 650? sorry think ill add on a piston an cam for instead of that.