PDA

View Full Version : tires

R-FLYER
11-24-2004, 07:33 AM
best tire combo for sand I do some dragracing and carving? do I want straight or curves? I ride 450r

mikes450r
11-24-2004, 09:40 AM
i hear from alot of people that had both straight and v paddles..that they will never go back to a v paddle after using a hauler..i would say the two best paddles to choose from would be the haulers(straight) or the sand stars(v)..

Thump_It
11-24-2004, 10:46 AM
I would go with Haulers, I run 8 paddles and they work great. I believe the best V shape paddle is the Sand Skate II's. I ran the Skate II's on my 400ex, they are a great tire for sliding around and they also hook up when you want, as for the Haulers on my R, I can throw around the back in with ease and they get great traction when draggin or hill shooting.

REDARMYRACER
11-24-2004, 02:51 PM
i tell everyone the same thing. 8 paddle extreme haulers on 8 inch rims are best. the smaller rim means a taller tire which i think gives a better ride. 10 paddles hook up sooooo good but you can't turn as well and in a drag race it makes the front end is to light.

i run the 8 paddles and can slide out well, not like the sand stars but in a drag race i will can pull the sickest holeshot around. i use stock gearing take off in first and let me tell you i can get the holeshot on almost anyone except those crazy bikes with sick swingarms and a 900cc snowmobile motors dropped in them.

8 paddles on 8 inch rims, there is just no substitute.

benwa450r
11-25-2004, 10:08 PM
You hit it right REDARMYRACER. 8-paddle on 8 inch rims is the ticket. I found 13 - 39 gearing works best for me.

REDARMYRACER
11-26-2004, 01:58 PM
you dropped a tooth on the counter shaft.... I will do the same cause i it feels like she doesn't pull fifth gear very good.