PDA

View Full Version : TC or Sparks pipe for MX

simoniz
11-24-2004, 05:00 AM
Has anybody ran both of these pipes. I've heard nothing but good things about the TC. But I just learned about the Curtis Sparks pipe made for East Coast ATV. It's a shorty version with a biggger endcap. So whats the scoop??

simoniz
11-24-2004, 05:46 AM
bump

yellowrider
11-24-2004, 07:33 AM
I would not recomend buying the sparks for mx if you own a yfz.. when you bottom your shock the brake will leave a nice little dent/or hole in the pipe..

I seen it with my own eyes!!!

LRD would be a good pipe to invest in for track..

i have no idea about tc

wheeliemaster
11-24-2004, 10:45 AM
I have heard nothing but good things to say about the sparks pipe. The pipe made for east coast atv is probably a sparks pipe with the big core in it.I just ordered the sparks pipe for the yfz with the big core option and i will tell you if it hits but i highly doubt it.. the only reason the pipe hits the caliper is because they probably had the ELKA linkage and ELKA shock because that is the only way to get that much travel to hit the pipe.

EvilJester400EX
11-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by wheeliemaster
I have heard nothing but good things to say about the sparks pipe. The pipe made for east coast atv is probably a sparks pipe with the big core in it.I just ordered the sparks pipe for the yfz with the big core option and i will tell you if it hits but i highly doubt it.. the only reason the pipe hits the caliper is because they probably had the ELKA linkage and ELKA shock because that is the only way to get that much travel to hit the pipe.

I run a GYTR pipe and a stock linkage setup with a Axis rear shock and I still hit. :confused:
Mark, go with the TC, I've heard they have the better low-mid than the sparks.

Warnerade
11-25-2004, 03:40 PM
my friend outlawex ran a sparks pipe for a whole racing season...he has PEP zps in the rear, his silence is untouched from the caliper, and he blew his shoick torwards the end of the season and started to bottom out a lot...pipe was still spotless

JDiablo
11-25-2004, 03:54 PM
go with a TC best pipe out there prolly for MX,but very very loud on a YFZ 125 DB's at idel

QuAdEr 317
11-25-2004, 04:37 PM
TC

2ltrmirage
11-25-2004, 05:44 PM
a few of my friends have tc pipes on theres and i love the power, but there just to loud for me to handle.

and as far as the caliper hitting the pipe, my stock pipe is caved in from my caliper and i have stock rear suspension. you can space any pipe out a little if its hitting, thats what we did on my frinds yfz with a sparks.

generalg
11-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Where is the best place (cheapest) for the TC pipe?

JDiablo
11-26-2004, 10:09 AM
I would try TC direct,of The quad shop or maybe C&D can help you out,those would be my first three choices

tmm403
11-26-2004, 06:30 PM
i have a tc pipe and i love it. i changed the front sprocket to a 15 and the torque is awesome. i used to have an hmf and what a difference. its loud but only the people behind will now. get my point.

Rico
11-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
but very very loud on a YFZ 125 DB's at idel

I"ve yet to hear one on a YFZ and if that DB reading is true that is retarded and should be outlawed. His days of pipe selling will be over with here in a few years, Mark my word. GNCC is in full force on sound restraints and if you guys don't think it' will happen in GNC, think again...;) 102db for next years races in GNCC

Dave400ex
11-30-2004, 02:21 PM
I don't think the 125 is at idle, but a local guy I ride with has the TC on his YFZ and it was 127 at Half throttle.