PDA

View Full Version : No fuel when ridin a wheelie!!!

torqen2k1
11-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Every time i wanna ride a wheelie for a long time on my quad it seems to starve its self from fuel? can you adjust the float level? Could be my float level? because my quad is jetted properly and im runnin a :42 pilot. 2.75 mixture screw and on the 4th clip. this also happened to me before I had my motor built. it happens when im on a very steeop hill too. and no im not luggin/or boggin my motor. I mean ridin a wheelie almost at a 90 degree postion like balance point. also my friend has the same quad and year and he doesnt have that problem.

Destructo
11-24-2004, 05:57 PM
float level probably needs adjustment, you know it pours gas out while your riding that wheelie right? I practiced riding wheelies for awhile and my tank of fuel didn't last long, I probably killed a lot of grass too.

torqen2k1
11-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Ive been hearin that you cant adjust the float level, is that true? Has anyone ever adjusted their float level on their 400ex?

cals400ex
11-25-2004, 10:40 AM
i dont think the stock float is adjustable.

torqen2k1
11-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Well what else could it be?I had the carb off and cleaned.

Demoniac
11-25-2004, 10:26 PM
umm, when your gas on the quad is on, and you flip the quad so the front is facing up (like when you put one in the back of a truck and are trying to fit two in it) gas will leak out of that tube that comes out from under the skid plate, umm, I don't think you can fix this cause it prevents you from flooding the carb. (I think) but if you wanna try, plug the pipe with something (make sure you can take it out though) and that might fix your problem. In other words, when your quad points up, gas leaks from the tube to prevent flooding, try plugging the tube or something, but if you plug the tube and try to do a wheelie and kill the engine, then you might as well not mess with it and end up replacing the engine, I hope this helps.