PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bars with heel guards or no heel guards?

Destructo
11-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I can't decide if I want heel guards or not, seems like they would help keep me from letting a foot fall into the rear tire or something, but I haven't ever ridden a quad with heel guards before and wondered if there was a reason why people took them off or didn't use them. I do mostly trail riding.

wheeltrax
11-23-2004, 09:42 PM
personally i like heel guards, its somewhere relatively safe to rest the foot on. I once landed funny off a jump and my foot slipped between the nerfs and the tire and ripped me off. Heel guards would have been nice there. Its your choice.

Destructo
11-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Thats what I was thinking, i'm looking at the Pro Armors with the heel guards from rocky mountain atv.

Plus yesterday while riding my rear tire kicked up a big stick and it hit my leg and left a nice bruise, so some heel guards would be nice. I think i'll go with the heel guards. I didn't know if people had issues with them interfering with some or what, but looks like theres plenty of room behind the peg and my feet aren't very big anyway.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-24-2004, 09:31 AM
I personally don't like the heal guard I am a shorter person and for me to get my weight back I lay the back of my calves on the fender piece and my heals hang down from the pegs and the heal guards get in the way I don't know if they all get in the way but the acpropeg ones do.

big_poppa49
11-24-2004, 10:09 AM
My DG nerfs don't have heel guards and I aint had a problem with it yet. I don't really like the looks of the heel guards, they look real big and heavy, but thats just my op...:rolleyes:

but hey its whatever you like

red2004 TRX450R
11-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by big_poppa49
My DG nerfs don't have heel guards and I aint had a problem with it yet. I don't really like the looks of the heel guards, they look real big and heavy, but thats just my op...:rolleyes:

but hey its whatever you like

THEY ARE NOT HEAVY. iF YOU ARE THAT WORRIED ABOUT THE WIGHT OF THEM JUST PEE BEFORE U RIDE AND IT WILL EQUAL OUT!!!!!

simoniz
11-24-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm 6' and I can't stand them dern heel guards.

big_poppa49
11-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
THEY ARE NOT HEAVY. iF YOU ARE THAT WORRIED ABOUT THE WIGHT OF THEM JUST PEE BEFORE U RIDE AND IT WILL EQUAL OUT!!!!!

Chill out man, if you notice I said its my OP, that means its my opinion, not yours! Also, I said they LOOK bulky and heavy...:huh

Old Head
11-24-2004, 03:46 PM
I luv my heal guards, theres nothing worse than getting ur foot sucked in by the back tire.

redrunner
11-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Tell you what I just put on a set of the new pro armor nerfs w/ built in heel gaurds and the have replaceable pegs! Can't beat that they look great and cheap to replace the pegs!
Now for the other side of why, first ride of the year I got tangled up with the rears which led to my ACL replacement...Never will I ride without them again!