PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Going To Buy a Jeep Tomorrow

Honda4trax250x
11-23-2004, 08:03 PM
I went and looked at a YJ today. The thing is in mint condition, and has nice tires and wheels. It has the I-6 with 108k miles. It is green, and comes with both hard and soft tops, and with the soft doors. It is 5spd.

The engine compartment and underneath the Jeep were very very clean for the age.

The guy is asking 5500. He claims that he is not negotiable.

Heres the dillema. The guy owns one of those used dealers but claims that this is his personal vehicle that he is selling. It is registered as a 1994. However in the ad in the classifides it was listed as a 95. This seemed a little sketchy to me, esp since hes a "dirty car salesman" (guess the movie?)

I ran a carfax and it is clean, howeve the only unusual thing is that it was once in Georgia, then the guy came up here, and sold it to the second owner who is now selling it.

Just wanted peoples input on this, I dont wanna get stuck with something that has been pieced together.....is a carfax reliable enough to go with that?

Thanks a lot

Mike

chucked
11-23-2004, 08:05 PM
If a car is in an accident and it is not reported to an insurance company (they fix it themselves) it will not show on on car fax, my car was in an accident, did not show on on car fax so my mom bought it and its all ****ed up in the front... just check it out, if my mom would have looked she would have saw it.

Honda4trax250x
11-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Yea, ive been told that several times, Im going tomorrow to take a good look at it, and if all goes well, ill be driving a vehicle again.

I deserve it.

SGA
11-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Take a mechanic friend with you to look it over, or you can take it to a car shop to have them look it over. I think its around 40 dollars to have them drive it, put it on the lift and check it all out.
If the seller does not want you to do that, get the H out of there.

ZQ8Dude
11-23-2004, 11:24 PM
look for paint on the frame. its a great indication if something happened to the car and it need to be painted again(caused by a wreck)

btw, jeeps rock. and good choice for a YJ if your on a budget for wheeling. i put a lift on mine for 500 bucks and the install was simple

Honda4trax250x
11-24-2004, 06:48 AM
well im about to leave to go over there, got money in my hand

gunna take a real good last look at it and take a test drive

im very nervous though, its a beautiful jeep, but im paranoid.

Jersey450R
11-24-2004, 06:54 AM
I have a 3" body lift lit for sale for a wrangler if anyone knows anybody who wants it. 100 bucks shipped. pm me.