PDA

View Full Version : neatv-mx production classes?

Freestylemxr
11-23-2004, 01:47 PM
What are the rules for the production class? I've been getting mixed messages about it and I was wondering what the rules are and how its different from the regular 4 stroke (or now all stroke) class, and if there are still more people in the regular class or does everyone go to race production? thanks!

atvmx14
11-23-2004, 03:21 PM
This is From:
ATVA GRAND NATIONAL MX CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Production Classes Cannot exceed maximum class displacement. Stock frame and ATV engine cases from the original
manufacturer of that make and model must be used. OEM frames may have material added for strength. These changes shall
not affect frame or suspension geometry.

Hope this helps!!

theTman
11-23-2004, 03:25 PM
go to the neatv forum:)

Freestylemxr
11-23-2004, 03:46 PM
alright thanks a lot! Does that mean you can't have +2 a-arms and axle? or does that just mean no long travel suspension? and could you run a 440ex in that class? haha sorry for all the questions

atvmx14
11-24-2004, 06:59 AM
Don't confuse yourself you can have all the suspension stuff!!

jason14x
11-24-2004, 03:19 PM
HOLD ON BOYS AND GIRLS!! AT last discussion Howard was talking to me about NOT allowing anything but the required bolt ons and rims and tires.....more of a stock than production class. This class was thought up by Howard to make it more affordable for the guy who bought a quad to be able to race and be competitive . YOU NEED TO POSE your questions to HOWARD...203-650-0221!!!

I will try to get an answer ASAP but we dont need a production class like ATVA and it was originaly designed more as a stock type class like Isaid to maje it fun and affordable

As Soon as I hear I will let you know!!!!!

Jason NEATV-MX

WalshKFX
11-24-2004, 03:25 PM
i think thats a good idea jay because it will make the guys with not fully mx bikes be able to compete and do well.

Freestylemxr
11-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Yea I think that would be a good idea, I think they should allow a-arms and axle though, just enough to make it not tippy but not too expensive. Like keeping stock swingarm, stock suspension, or at least not lt, stock engine cc's designed for the case, just things like that to make it so that it would be competitive for people that only have a limited amount of money.

11-26-2004, 04:50 PM
this could be a big hit but you need to deside about the suspension thing. i like all stock personally, but if not were do you draw the line? no long travel? hey you can stil spend 3k+ and keep the stock swing arm and "standard" travle. this could be tricky. GLAD i'm not Howy! he has a lot to decide this year!!!!!:(

jason14x
11-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:00 pm Post subject: PRODUCTION CLASS STAIGHT FROM THE MAN HIMSELF!!!! HOWARD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 stroke or 4 stroke are allowed 91cc- 450cc
only modifications allowed:
any internal engine and trans work is allowed
handle bars can be changed and a steering stabalizer added ( no stems)
nerf bars and tether switch must be added
chain and sprockets can be changed ( aftermarket allowed)
Tires and rims can be changed and offset-no wheel spacers allowed
may change air filter element (aftermarket allowed)-air lid must stay on ,no air box modifications allowed
may change front bumper
racing fuel may be used and any fluids upgraded

must have:

oem motor
oem frame
oem carburator
oem cylinders
oem pipe and silencer ( no packing removed )
oem axle
oem a-arms
oem shocks ( stock location,stock springs)
no suspension alterations or modifications allowed
oem brake hoses
oem swing-arm
oem cdi boxes

Here it is guys Howard sent me the email Saturday!!!

Jason

Freestylemxr
11-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks a lot jason! Wow that would really keep the cost down! :eek2:

Rrider4life8
11-28-2004, 07:48 PM
wow yfz would whip a 400ex there ....

Freestylemxr
11-28-2004, 08:38 PM
haha I was just thinking that, it almost defeats the purpose becuase you would have to have a yfz or 450r to really be competitive in the class :rolleyes: , unless you were one hell of a rider haha, but I think that the class will be good for a lot of people

Out_Sider
11-30-2004, 02:41 PM
wow... thats harsh rules, but you could still have a 450ex and a z450 because internal motor and tranny work is legal! and i guess just run the widest offset wheels you can find, lol