PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stem

doctor_915
04-18-2002, 06:48 PM
This sucks. I got a race Sunday to be at and it figures I bend my steering stem a few hours ago.(PM me if you really care how I did it) So here's my problem, should I save up not ride for a few months and get a LSR or Gibson stem for 300 bucks or just get a stock one. I dont wanna buy a nice new 300 dollar one just to bend it or are those pretty hard to bend(the LSR) thanks for any help.

PS- The steering stem should be at one angle the whole way up right? It shouldnt go at like 30 degrees then change to 45?

04-18-2002, 11:05 PM
IMO I would stick with a stock stem. Why well I speak from experince I am in a cast as we speak. I bent my stem and tie rod and broke my wrist 2 weeks ago on an MX track. I replaced my bent one with a stock one because if you replace the stem with an aftermarket one then you are just going to be replacing a-arms and other things. See when you crash something has to give or break. I have pro-taper handle bars needless to say them bars don't bend so what did my stem-tie rod-and wrist! I would stick to a good strong stock $70 stem this way your not out $300 when you bend that nice chrome durablue stem. Its up to you but $300 is kinda steep for something that has about a 90% chance of bending again. See ya

seven
04-19-2002, 08:42 AM
I have a +1 400ex anti-vibe stem i will sell you for 175.00. Email me if you are interested.

04-19-2002, 09:13 AM
what kind of anti-vibe stem is it???

seven
04-19-2002, 10:00 AM
It is made from a local company called Pro Performance racing. IT uses a stock bottom and new chrome oly for the rest. It has a lone star anti-vibe top.

Crypted1
04-19-2002, 03:31 PM
RPM stems are the best out there, hands down. They are made from Chromemoly then heat treated as one piese, five times, not just the stem part like some. They have a LIFE TIME gaurantee against bending or breaking. Oh yeah, a RPM stem will NEVER be chromed, the chroming process actually weakens the stem.