PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding stock yfz shocks

zeke83
11-23-2004, 11:33 AM
I want to upgrade my yfz with some wider a-arms, i dont want to buy new shocks because the stock ones have all the adjustments that an aftermarket one would. I race motocross but its not sick enough where i would need shocks that are more heavy duty. I heard PEP can rebuild them with zero pre-load, does anyone know how to get ahold of them or what they could do for me?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-24-2004, 08:58 AM
to get a hold of PEP you might try www.baldwinmotorsports.com

drifterx
11-24-2004, 10:14 AM
I'd check with DeRisi racing, i've seen a YFZ in a mag, that had a total rebuild from him, and they said it was as good if not better than aftermarket shocks like elka.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-24-2004, 11:00 AM
THe front shocks on the YFZ can be rebuild but, To convert the springs to a triple rate like I do on the TRX450R is very exspensive becuase the YFZ uses a larger spring diameter this forces you to use rear springs on the front and they cost more money. Another problem with the YFZ is that the adjustment range is very small it does not respond as well to changes as the 450r shocks. It can be done though.

wheeliemaster
12-02-2004, 10:38 AM
i have got a 2004 yfz450 and i race motocross and when i was racing i blew the front shocks . Since i wasnt going to buy stock shocks again i ordered Elka piggy back shocks from alba and they said that yamaha just made the yfz shocks look better than they really are and i believe them since mine blew out and i wasn't jumping more than 10 feet in the air. my advice would be to save up a little more and buy some aftermarket shocks when you buy a-arms.