PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara trip????

maynard22
11-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Is anybody planning on being in waynoka on the weekend of Dec. 3-5? I haven't been back since sandfest and i can't get any of my buddies to brave the cold air, and i am having withdrawals and need the sand. If anyone is going let me know and i will meet you down there.

FasstMidnightZ
11-23-2004, 02:16 PM
damn i'll be up there between december 18 and the 28 . dont know when though

maynard22
11-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I can make that work for me around that time, i will be in town for all of christmas so when you decide the dates your gonna be there or just post on here in the dune tales section, i am on here everyday so i will see it.:devil:

DaleJrFan
11-23-2004, 02:57 PM
dont feel bad maynard, i am missing the sand too with the same prob, all my crew says it is too cold or too rainy, so i am going to have to buck up and make a trip by myself pretty soon so maybe we can meet up there. where in ok are you from? i am here in okc and am all ways looking for new places to ride!!

Power Stroker
11-23-2004, 03:03 PM
what kind of temprature is it down there in December?

I was thinking of planning a trip too.

maynard22
11-23-2004, 03:44 PM
I am over in Tulsa. Where do you ride at in your area, the only place here is below Keystone Dam and Appalachia Bay which is the coastline of Keystone Lake along with trails.

maynard22
11-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Power Stroker as for the weather you just never know, it has been an unusually mild summer, but know it is starting out to be a mild fall and winter, so you would have to check the weather a little closer to the time when you are planning on going.

Power Stroker
11-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by maynard22
Power Stroker as for the weather you just never know, it has been an unusually mild summer, but know it is starting out to be a mild fall and winter, so you would have to check the weather a little closer to the time when you are planning on going.

Thanks maynard
:)

DaleJrFan
11-23-2004, 09:27 PM
well we have several public places to ride. there is lake stanley draper that is a huge area but is set up for dirt bikes, the trails are narrow and very aggressive and the open areas are few and far between. the areas that are open are rock hard from the red dirt and when it rains it is a huge slop hole,real fun if you are into the mud though. my personel favorite place to ride is down in purcell on the canadian river. the state owns all the land on each side of the river and you can ride for over 30 miles one way when the river is down. it dosnt have the dunes effect but the sand is the same and there are several good jumps of 5 to 10 feet tall. we have a blast every trip down there which is about everyother weekend. you might want to check out the salina dam area. go to atvconnection.com and click on club news and events,then go to central ok atv post and there are several members in our area that ride all over ok. go back to the forum screen and scroll down the the where to ride post and scroll down to the salina dam area post, it is located east of your location.suppose to be pretty good.

balls2da-wall
12-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know what the temps. would be like in feb. there???

maynard22
12-04-2004, 02:29 PM
You just never know with the weather in this state it changes from one minute to the next. In feb. it could be anywhere between 30 degrees and 50 degrees, your best bet is to check the weather channel website a couple of weeks before you plan on going down. Post a thread when you decide to go and maybe I can meet you down there. I am in the need of some sand in a bad way.

pharit
12-04-2004, 06:32 PM
went down there for the first time this summer and i must say what a blast. i'd love to go down there again but i don;t think so this winter, all my broke *** has got is a tent, and no pick up to haul it down there. but i plan on making about 5 or 6 trips this summer.

zephead400ex
12-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by pharit
went down there for the first time this summer and i must say what a blast. i'd love to go down there again but i don;t think so this winter, all my broke *** has got is a tent, and no pick up to haul it down there. but i plan on making about 5 or 6 trips this summer.

We're going to try to organize an Exriders/ATVriders ride sometime this spring or summer. We would love for everyone that can make it, to make it. Info will be posted later on.

DaleJrFan
12-06-2004, 10:17 PM
stay up with this zep, i will the guys from down okc way to go then.

zephead400ex
12-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
stay up with this zep, i will the guys from down okc way to go then.

Will do:D

Taco
12-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
We're going to try to organize an Exriders/ATVriders ride sometime this spring or summer. We would love for everyone that can make it, to make it. Info will be posted later on. Damn that would be a helluva drive from here :(

zephead400ex
12-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Taco
Damn that would be a helluva drive from here :(

Yes it would be!:eek: I know batgeek drove from NC, that is one hell of trip. Would love to see ya there though man!

ckasper18
12-07-2004, 02:38 PM
We stoped in a week before Thanksgiving and it rained ten days straight traction was awesome but the sand was rough so i headed to glamis and rode there for 10 days...Chris

kssandduner
12-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Yes it would be! I know batgeek drove from NC, that is one hell of trip. Would love to see ya there though man!
Hell yeah!! We need to get as many exriders there as we can. So far Memorial weekend is the only weekend I got booked up so far, so that weekend is a no go for me. I'll be in Idaho shredding sand at St. Anthony's!! :macho

Joe

zephead400ex
12-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by kssandduner
Hell yeah!! We need to get as many exriders there as we can. So far Memorial weekend is the only weekend I got booked up so far, so that weekend is a no go for me. I'll be in Idaho shredding sand at St. Anthony's!! :macho

Joe

Didn't you say you had room for 1 more:confused: :blah:

maynard22
12-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey i am from tulsa (origianally from wichita) and i am going to be in wichita this weekend and i am comtemplating if i should bring my quad or not. are you going to be riding anywhere around there on saturday that i would be able to tag along with you?

Taco
12-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Yes it would be!:eek: I know batgeek drove from NC, that is one hell of trip. Would love to see ya there though man! Hrmmmmm the shaggin wagon just might have to take a road trip.:D :bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

zephead400ex
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Maynard, doesn't look like I'll be riding this weekend. Saturday I'll have a terrible hangover and Sunday I gotta go x-mas shopping!:mad:

Aren't there some places around Tulsa to ride? I have family that lives in Tulsa and Supulpa. Hell, sometime ledothezep and I will make it down there and ride with ya, if there's anywhere to ride!:)

Taco...get the wagon, get some chicks and get the fricken' dunes!:) Are you a sand virgin?:blah:

maynard22
12-08-2004, 12:37 PM
I guess i'll leave the quad at home this weekend. yeah we have a couple of good places to ride down here. if you guys ever want to come down just let me know and we will meet up. i live a few miles from sapulpa over in sand springs, do any of the folk you know down here go riding much? hope to make to little sahara with somebody soon. i will definitely be part of the atvriders.com ride when that comes around.

Neece#303
12-08-2004, 12:46 PM
this thread made me miss the sand... I went in March of this year and just made a last minute trip in November... we went like 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and it was DEAD.. other than busting a sprocket in the first 5 minutes out we had a BLAST... we may try and make another trip end of December beginning of Jan.

maynard22
12-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Please send me a pm or post a thread when you are going to be there so that i can meet you there I MUST HAVE SAND

zephead400ex
12-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Neece#303
this thread made me miss the sand... I went in March of this year and just made a last minute trip in November... we went like 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and it was DEAD.. other than busting a sprocket in the first 5 minutes out we had a BLAST... we may try and make another trip end of December beginning of Jan.

We were down the first weekend in Nov. Were you there that weekend? If so, where did you camp? It rained all night Saturday night when we were there...so we were forced to sit by the little fire we had and get drink beer.

generalg
12-08-2004, 08:38 PM
I wont't be going to Little Sahara until March if not later now... a little bit of a problem with the Raptor.

Raptor Picture (ftp://ftp.agris.com/General/Users/Grant/Raptor/raptorday3.jpg)

DaleJrFan
12-09-2004, 08:33 AM
my crew all have a long weekend off so we were talking about going to little sahara but i think we are going to end up in purcell riding the river bed. if anyone is interested in a saturday ride,pm me and i will give you my number and directions. a waynoka trip is coming very soon though cause i am getting dune fever!!

zephead400ex
12-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by generalg
I wont't be going to Little Sahara until March if not later now... a little bit of a problem with the Raptor.

Raptor Picture (ftp://ftp.agris.com/General/Users/Grant/Raptor/raptorday3.jpg)

Obviously it's in peices....but what's wrong with it?

generalg
12-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Nothing wrong with the Raptor, just going to have the frame gusseted and powder coated Yellow. Than going to have some engine work done such as a cam and piston, port work.

zephead400ex
12-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by generalg
Nothing wrong with the Raptor, just going to have the frame gusseted and powder coated Yellow. Than going to have some engine work done such as a cam and piston, port work.

Right on! I'm sure that Rappy will scoot pretty good with the motor mods!

FasstMidnightZ
12-12-2004, 09:36 AM
i'm more than likely going down there for 2 days.Still don't know the dates though

DaleJrFan
12-12-2004, 02:21 PM
it's official, we are going this next weekend, leave on saturday and stay the night. who all is going to be up there?

maynard22
12-13-2004, 09:09 AM
What time are you going up saturday? Are you camping in the north or the south campground? How will i know it is you? How many people is going with you?

DaleJrFan
12-13-2004, 10:54 AM
right now the plan is to go up on saturday morning early, my buddy works friday night and if he can get off we will go friday night. we will be in the north camp ground in a silver dodge with a yellow 400ex and a blue blaster(my quads). i dont know what other quads will be with us. pm me and i will give you my number.

USAFpredator
12-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Looks like I will miss this trip since I am still in Iraq, but are there any other plans for a trip around the middle of Feb. or is everyone going to wait until Spring Break?

General, you are getting as bad as your dad with owning multiple vehicles for the sand.

generalg
12-13-2004, 09:32 PM
USAFpredator, mmmmm you might you be? Does your first name begin with a B while your last begins with a P? I was wondering where you have been? The first time I will be able to go to LS will probably not be until March or April. The Raptor is completly apart now, just waiting on Craig S. to gusset the frame.

Let me know when you return from Iraq, we need to go to Little Sahara. I took 16 trips this last year, going to try and double that for 05!

Also if your going to be around during the middle part of June, there is a big group going to St. Anthony, ID to ride for a week. I'm going along with 4-5 other people from Newton/Wichita. Rick thought about going as well.....

Picture of the Raptor as it is today.
Frame (ftp://ftp.agris.com/General/Users/Grant/Raptor/raptorbareframe.jpg)

Also doing some work on the old 99 400ex. Going to hopefully punch it out to a 416 this winter and finish the suspension on the rear.

400ex Front (ftp://ftp.agris.com/General/Users/Grant/400ex/400exfrontarms.jpg)

400ex Closeup Front (ftp://ftp.agris.com/General/Users/Grant/400ex/400exarms.jpg)

USAFpredator
12-14-2004, 02:46 PM
You got it...........you should get prize for the right answer. Yeah I hadnt been around much, been busy over here for the past 6 mnths but we are almost done so it is starting to slow down. I may have to talk with Rick and get in on the St. Anthony ride, I leave for Germany on July so it coud be a last ride before I go type thing. I will let you kno w when I get back to the states and see if we can get a trip to the sand planned out.

DaleJrFan
12-14-2004, 04:31 PM
hey usaf, we go all the time. where are you stationed at? i am enlisted in the navy here on tinker. let me know and we will go ride when you get back!

pharit
12-14-2004, 06:14 PM
We aren;t goin again til like april sometime.

USAFpredator
12-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Jr. I am down at Altus for now but will be leaving for Germany in July. I will let you know when I get back and if we cant get to Sahara maybe we can do a day trip to Stanley Draper. Or if you got any other good spots around OKC we can give that a shot. There is a nice MX track just off of I-35 at the Stillwater exit that I have wanted to ride for a while now but never have made it up there.

DaleJrFan
12-15-2004, 05:57 AM
yeah, i live here on tinker so draper is like 5 minutes, i rode there saturday, there is also the river bed down in purcell that we go to alot, it dosnt have any real big jumps but is a real good riding spot for some sand. never been up to stillwater but i hear its pretty good. give me call and we for sure go ride!!

maynard22
12-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Hey Dale Jr Fan is the trip to Little Sahara still on for you and your crew this weekend? Hope so, I got the bike all ready to go last night, I will be there on friday night. I am renting a 10ft budget moving truck that we will be able to get into to get out of the elements if we need to. This may be a stupid question but out of respect i figured i better ask before i break open the beer, does beer and cigarettes offend anyone in your crew?

DaleJrFan
12-15-2004, 11:13 AM
hell no beer and cigs dont offend us, and yes, we are still going. we will be leaving early saturday and should be there around 9 on saturday. we are staying in the motel there in town. it is only $40 for a night and there is about 6 of us going. did you get my cell # in the pm i sent you? if so give me a call.

USAFpredator
12-19-2004, 06:12 PM
So how did the trip go this weekend DaleJrFan? Did the weather hold out for you? You have to show me some pics of the sand, I am starting to get the shakes from the lack of riding.

generalg
12-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Ok Brandon here are some pictures from November.

Little Sahara (ftp://ftp.agris.com/General/Users/Grant/11_13_04_LS_TRIP/)

maynard22
12-20-2004, 07:24 AM
USAFpredator I was up there this weekend with DaleJrfan and the weather on Saturday was awesome for riding, that good Oklahoma wind built up some pretty nasty razorbacks out there.

DaleJrFan
12-20-2004, 01:50 PM
the trip was pretty good. there was a small group of us up there from okc and maynard22 met us up there. we had the dunes all to ourselves. the sand was soft but the weather was great. cant wait to go again some time in january if the weather holds up.

USAFpredator
12-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the pics GeneralG, I think that should get me through the next few weeks til I get home. We just found out that we will be leaving here on the 1st of Jan and should be back in the states on the 5th. I will have two weeks down time when I get back so I may try to make a trip to LS on the weekend of the 18-19 if the weather holds out.

Glad that everyone had a good time this weekend and the weather held out for you guys.

quad250r_33
01-13-2005, 12:23 PM
what date are you guys going out for spring break

DaleJrFan
01-13-2005, 05:18 PM
dont know, depends on the weather and my wife will be 8 mo pregnant by then so i might not go any where for a while. we will have to wait and see.