PDA

View Full Version : downhill BMX

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 08:13 AM
well ive never heard of it until now when i was watching it on tv. im seriously thinking of getting into it even though its alot faster and more dangerous but i cant resist the speeds they go:D . if anyone has ever done downhill bmx before, can you give me some of your best gear setups?

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 12:49 PM
come on people, i need to know everything about this sport. my parents are ok with it but i have to pay entry fees until i can get sponsored for this. all they will support is regular bmx cause my mom does all she can to watch me race that muchless going what looks like 50 mph down a hill jumping 40 foot doubles.

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 01:06 PM
ok guys you have to check this crazy stuff out. i have never won a race in a national so do you think i got a chance in this. especially with a 65 foot double on one of the tracks i would run?

http://www.bmxmania.com/ucisx04.htm

GP400
11-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Sounds like fun. Perhaps you should ask this question on a BMX board since most people here ride ATV's.

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by GP400
Sounds like fun. Perhaps you should ask this question on a BMX board since most people here ride ATV's. i wish i knew some boards

I-7
11-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by dunnonuttin
i wish i knew some boards

www.google.com

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 02:10 PM
this guy is crazy as me. thats a 65 foot double

http://www.bmxmania.com/JustinLongShotCropSm.jpg

gyt-r450
11-23-2004, 03:15 PM

:rolleyes:

Big400EX
11-23-2004, 03:18 PM

Did he try and do a 360 and he is just turned facing the wrong way, or is he trying to clear a gap going onto a hill?

:huh

SRH
11-23-2004, 04:03 PM
i dotn think you can even g et into it unless your pro im pretty sure its invite only

Mxjunkie
11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
look around the bmx sites and stuff, www.danscomp.com for parts, www.bmxplusmag.com, www.ridebmx.com and search links and stuff

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
Did he try and do a 360 and he is just turned facing the wrong way, or is he trying to clear a gap going onto a hill?

:huh i dunno heres the link http://www.bmxmania.com/ucisx04.htm the pic is near the bottom. if he is goin the way he is facing, he sure as hell aint gonna land it

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 07:21 PM
i showed my mom the pictures and she said i was crazy for thinkin about it and she would not support it

Hammer trx450r
11-23-2004, 07:41 PM
i showed my mom the pictures and she said i was crazy for thinkin about it and she would not support it

WOW your sooo crazy:p

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
WOW your sooo crazy:p no seriously, i still aint too sure if i wanna do it or not. i saw some guys wipe out in some videos and by the looks of it, they are organ doners

Hammer trx450r
11-24-2004, 04:07 AM
no seriously, i still aint too sure if i wanna do it or not. i saw some guys wipe out in some videos and by the looks of it, they are organ doners

Wel then i guess you wont be riding a car or a quad or a bicycle since you can die from all of them too. What happened to you being so crazy? Got alittle scared?

Mxjunkie
11-24-2004, 05:56 AM
no seriously, i still aint too sure if i wanna do it or not. i saw some guys wipe out in some videos and by the looks of it, they are organ doners

u go faster on your quad or bike and jump further, ur not going to be riding like a pro your first try numnuts, u wouldnt be doing jumps like that, mostly table tops, rollers and some whoops :o

JR3
11-24-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
u go faster on your quad or bike and jump further, ur not going to be riding like a pro your first try numnuts, u wouldnt be doing jumps like that, mostly table tops, rollers and some whoops :o

exactly show ur mom some small jumps cause thats all ud be doing cause im sure they got a beginner course or sumthing

dunnonuttin
11-24-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Wel then i guess you wont be riding a car or a quad or a bicycle since you can die from all of them too. What happened to you being so crazy? Got alittle scared? that was a passing phase:p . the craziness was literally scared outta me when i saw some videos. i think im gonna do it. ive pretty much made up my mind.

dunnonuttin
11-24-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by JR3
exactly show ur mom some small jumps cause thats all ud be doing cause im sure they got a beginner course or sumthing i sure hope so. if they do, i would prolly end up havin to go all the way to camp woodward where that track is that they ran in X Games VII and im pretty sure its in the pen state (where tommy17 lives)

MOFO
11-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Looks like your trying to get attention again NCRedneck! :rolleyes:

devildriver422
11-25-2004, 08:44 AM
i always wanted to try bmx n i got started overthe summer a little cuz i ahd no quad but then i got a bent rim and never got a new one...it wont hold air even with a tube and new tire idk wtf is up

SRH
11-25-2004, 09:18 AM
i dont t hink you can enter in it anyway... there is one in cali and one in woodward pa, i was watching a race in cali on fuel and they were saying its a pro invite only, you have to be spot on to do all those jumps too there all just getting over them

do downhill mtb there cooler anyway, and they go bigger and faster