PDA

View Full Version : Cam upgrade/ exhaust

tryken
11-23-2004, 07:13 AM
If I put a hotcams stage 2 in my 400ex would I need to upgrade my exhaust from the white bros. slip-on, and also would I need to re-jet. Thanks for any help.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Your jetting should stay about the same. You don't have to change your exhaust but there is better ones out there.

cals400ex
11-23-2004, 02:33 PM
not to change your mind or anything, but i have a feeling you will get much more power out of a full system. one of my buddies was running a white brothers slip on with a stage 2 cam. his bike felt like a real terd. i thought it was just messed up. i knew it wasn't the jetting, because i did that for him. i happened to get ahold of a used full HMF pipe. he said alright and bought it. i was going to buy it anyways because it had a good price on it that i knew i would be able to sell for what i paid for it. well he put that thing on and oh my gosh, it runs so much better. i was nearly in shock how much quicker it was drag racing. i know this will sound odd, but he has more power in every gear, including low end power. anyways, i do suggest a full exhaust. a slip on will work just fine for now though. my jetting changed about one mainjet size from upgrading the piston and cam, so you jetting should be close given it was good before you added the cam.