View Full Version : Fastest stocker

397ccEX
11-22-2004, 09:44 PM
I read that the DS650X is the fastest top speed quad?
Any input and another a yfz will eat a fraptor up at the start but doesnt the raptor have more top speed?

cheetah
11-23-2004, 07:12 AM
I would guess a quadzilla (suzuki lt500) would have the highest top speed and yes a raptor will walk away from a yfz up top.

44oEX
11-23-2004, 07:23 AM
well I don't know the Qzilla is a big motor but it's old technotogie. the DS is the fastest current production quad I think

happyboy
11-23-2004, 09:16 AM
DS? I have seen a cannondale walk away from a DS650 at the dunes.
I have ridden a dale and walk away from the DS650.

Now, maybe add more length and the DS650 could catch back up, I don't know. Drag races are all suceptable to rider and conditions. It is not a fair measurement of the quads.

jacobw
11-24-2004, 12:53 PM
I have a 2003 cannodale cannibal and I race my brothers modded thumper racing z470 and we run together through out the drag race and all they way too the top and the cannondale starts little by little walking away and I know the modded z470 will run with at DS 650 and in the woods the Ds650 dont have a chance they are way too wide.

jacobw
11-24-2004, 01:00 PM
need to get hondamaster435 I am sure his 400ex is the fastest qaud is can beat a raptor lol!!!:D ;)

YFZ450Ridr
11-24-2004, 09:07 PM
this thing looks awful fast:devil: :macho

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/2302/Drag400ex.jpg

TheFontMaster
11-24-2004, 09:20 PM
That custom build spanish quad, I think it's called the eraser, they have a KTM 520 motor in it. It beat the DS 650 in a recent dirt wheels shoot out.

TRX250R2nv
12-02-2004, 06:24 PM
A Dale is definatly the fastest stock quad out right now. My best friend has a DS It is fast but I spank it every time and YFZ's are lookin at my tailpie also.

397ccEX
12-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Whatchu got?

TRX250R2nv
12-03-2004, 06:01 AM
An 02 C-Dale. It usta be a Cannibal, but it is basically a Blaze now. I was running a Moto Map when I spanked the DS but I think the Blaze will spank it also. The secret is in the rev's. I was strill pulling second when he was shifting into fourth. with a 13 grand rev limiter on the Dales they out rev most 2 strokes and allow for a great drag machine due to less shifting. Even get a bad 3rd gear holeshot and almost stalling (the DS got about 3 or 4 bike lengths on me) I cought and blew by it easily. Dale's are plain out fast and with 40 horse out of the box they also have the most horse out of the box. acording to a gear calculator I found on line with the setup I am running it will do 90mph and that is just plain fast on dirt.:eek2:

sMoKiNyFz
12-04-2004, 12:51 PM
There are other quads that have a little over 40 hp outta the box.

TRX250R2nv
12-04-2004, 03:50 PM
like what? And don't say Banschee, YFZ, or TRXR either all of those are in the mid to low 30's stock!

sMoKiNyFz
12-05-2004, 01:09 PM
A ds has between 38-40 if I heard right. and a yfz does not have hp in the low 30's.
I could be wrong though. I am not sure how much hp mine has but i know its above 40.

I am not saying a c-dale is slow at all.

44oEX
12-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Well 40 at the crank maybe but not at the rear wheels for sure. not stock anyway. I can hit that easy but needs a little help.

cheetah
12-05-2004, 08:36 PM
My dale is fast and its out getting a lil faster right now.;)

A tecate 4 is rated at 42hp stock. But I guess were talking about newer quads.

jacobw
12-06-2004, 10:21 AM
honda was rated at 37hp and the yfz at 39hp but I am sure that cannondales are rated at the rear wheel not at the crank like the japanese models! A stock cannondale glamis will take a banshee or DS 650 easily! Cannondale I am sure will be the fastest stocker my stock cannondale cannibal will run over easily and its hard to touch the 10,600 rev limiter and but then you are in the mid 80's

Jasonxxx
12-07-2004, 03:38 PM
To be honest the yzf450r is slowwwwww..... and that puts the banshee is even slower....

But the I have to say the fastest stocker is the quadzilla even with old technolgy.. The new quads are not that much more tech advanced....

I have yet to see any stock quad beat any 500cc two stroke motor, at least on the dunes....

Take a lightweight 89 250r and put a built CR500 @ 90hp in it and you now have a bike that has about three times the power to weight ratio of any production stock quad..:D

sMoKiNyFz
12-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Actually the yfz of 450r aren't slow, they just aren't the fastest.

roostin_dale
12-08-2004, 04:02 PM
I'd say cannondale....man mine could fly:(

RobbRacer
12-08-2004, 07:20 PM
i would have say that a gasgas 450 is fastest. my brother has one and that thing halls balls. jmo

roostin_dale
12-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by RobbRacer
i would have say that a gasgas 450 is fastest. my brother has one and that thing halls balls. jmo

ive rode one, i didnt think it was any faster than my dale

RobbRacer
12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
well i guess i didnt tell you that it has a full white bros exhaust. tfi (Techlusion Fuel Injection) thats really it on the motor. and i havent seen any one pull away from him.

jacobw
12-09-2004, 07:52 AM
cannondales are the pioneers in fuel injection! In the shoot out against the 450r and the yfz450 in dirt wheels in a 200yd drag the gas gas was 2 quad lengths behind and it had a fmf aftermarket exhaust I believe I dont think the gas gas will beat a cannondale they will beat a new yfz and 450r in a 200 yd drag. If dirt wheels tests a new ATK 450 vs honda 450r vs Gas gas 450 vs yfz 450 the ATK would win in the drag race hands down!

sMoKiNyFz
12-09-2004, 04:37 PM
gas gas are nothing great from what Ive heard . i would much rather have a cannondale or yfz. IThere was a comparison between the yfz and gas gas I believe and the yfz came out on top every time. The gas gas also had a factory rep trying to fine-tune it.

RobbRacer
12-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by jacobw
cannondales are the pioneers in fuel injection! In the shoot out against the 450r and the yfz450 in dirt wheels in a 200yd drag the gas gas was 2 quad lengths behind and it had a fmf aftermarket exhaust I believe I dont think the gas gas will beat a cannondale they will beat a new yfz and 450r in a 200 yd drag. If dirt wheels tests a new ATK 450 vs honda 450r vs Gas gas 450 vs yfz 450 the ATK would win in the drag race hands down!

cannondale may be the first with fuel injection on a quad but there has been EFI on lots of motorcycles for race and street long before cannondale even thought of making quads. actually the EFI on the gasgas is the same thing on almost every successful high performance racing bike application. it is magnetti marelli. examples of bikes that use marelli are harley, honda, ducati, aprilla, just to name a few.

one more thing. the exhaust on the gasgas in the shootout was a FMF Q. that thing will not flow nearly as good as a race exhaust and also the quads come with a very lean mapping to pass emission inspections so they must be richened up to get it tuned right.

like someone said earlier. drag races aren't fair to the quads. drags are won by the rider if the bikes are even close to being on the same level power wise, and all the new race quads are so close it really comes down to personal preference.

:blah: :macho

KillerCannon440
12-13-2004, 09:03 PM
My Cannibal has beaten every trx,ds, or yfz it has faced with a pro circuit t4 and a blaze speed combo map and thats it

jesshamner
12-14-2004, 12:40 AM
How did you get a t4 on your cannondale? The only mufflers I know of for cdale are stock toaster, stock 02 round, stock fmf ti, Wileyco, Bills, HMF, TC/FT, and Big Gun. Never heard of a PC T4 on a cannondale. Did you have it custom fit to the header? The max rpm on a stock map is 11,500 not 13,000.

bman9
12-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by 397ccEX
I read that the DS650X is the fastest top speed quad?
Any input and another a yfz will eat a fraptor up at the start but doesnt the raptor have more top speed?

hmm thats weird, in the magazines it says my preds faster up top. Then when i race a yfz hes faster than me on top too.

44oEX
12-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bman9
hmm thats weird, in the magazines it says my preds faster up top. Then when i race a yfz hes faster than me on top too.

thats just cause a pred sucks lol

12-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Jasonxxx
To be honest the yzf450r is slowwwwww..... and that puts the banshee is even slower....

Slow?? And what is a YZF450R?? A hybrid?
:D :D I needed a good laugh!:p

300ex_rider1121
12-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
That custom build spanish quad, I think it's called the eraser, they have a KTM 520 motor in it. It beat the DS 650 in a recent dirt wheels shoot out.

this thin g smoked the ds in 5th it has 6 that could not get it into sixth there was not enough room

bman9
01-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 44oEX

better than your damm haha honda!

Predator_MT
01-22-2005, 10:56 AM
if the pred sucks.. than your honda sucks, smokes a cigarette and sucks again. I know the predators are not the fastest in stock form but they run pretty well. My stock pred beat all the stock quads in my riding group. Thats Suzuki LTZ 400's smoke them bad, a kfx 400 easily beat them and a 660 raptor they run about even depends upon who gets the better start. Just my two cents but I am happy with my predator.

Robin Hood
01-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster

Yea, I heard the Eraser's were incredebly fast.

Im with either the Gas-Gas 450, or the Eraser.

300exryder03
01-25-2005, 06:32 AM
wut about the german E ATV 950 ??? its in the latest issue of atv sport... says it can do 115mph !!!

Lt250r*68
01-25-2005, 02:45 PM
even tho the lt500 is old i think it was the fastest quad but the yfz doest have better acceleration the craptor would come out on top

rancid
05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
atk 450 will beat all stock for stock.

Dale512
05-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Sorry I had a DS650 before I had my Cannondale and the DS does indeed have a higher topspeed, but the Cannondale gets to it's topspeed much, much quicker.

I would say out of the mainstream quads that the DS650 & old LT500R still hold the topspeed titles.

MR.BIG
05-20-2005, 07:35 AM
If the cannondales are so much faster than everything else how come they never won a championship when the were given factory rides. I would love to race one to find out for myself. What's funny is you go on the cannondale site and it looks like the want-ad press because everybody is getting rid of them. Doesn't seem like there to great then? What is your view on this?

happyboy
05-20-2005, 08:54 AM
rofl, thats all you pretty much see over there beceause that is what the site is for. lol, look at the for sale section here, it will scroll 2 pages in 1 day. That mean people are just bailing on their quads? No, just that many people out selling quads.

And now you say you hvae never raced one. Man, go find one before you knock them. Kinda like saying something tastes bad before you ever had it. And win championchips, takes time, they didn't have time.

jacobw
05-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Cannondales won many championships and they even won many desert races. Many pros raced them go take a look back and you will see the nac's cannondale were walking on everything. You can also do a search and they won many enduro races. They were designed with a service life of 100 hours. They are race engines and need proper care and with proper care they will last over 100 hours. If you upgrade parts they will last much longer but if you thing about it 100 race hours is a long time many hondas and yfz's dont make if over that before they are freshened up if they are raced. I know with the enhancements atk does to the cannondale engine I know several atk motors have over 300 hours of hard duning on them and still run like they are new. Just because you have heard about the small percentage of dales that sieze up dont mean they all are like that. Mine has 1 1/2 hard seasons on it with no updates and its has never dnfed one race. I have 42 people in my class I am in 5th in points. With the new enhancements that atk does and falicon cranks and je pistons and the crank work timbomoose does the cannondale engines are no longer a issue. You keep downplaying cannondale for problems but what a hondas frame issue and thier crank bearing failures and yamaha's oiling problems and these problems affected more units that cannondale ever produced. So it seems your arguments are not holding water. I have living proof. My brother bought jeff stoess's gncc winning atk that he won at sparta on. I talked to him about the motor after it had one race season on it. He sent it back to atk to have it freshened up and after one hard gncc season atk told him that the motor was all within tolerance but they freshened it up and put all new parts in it. I am not downplaying atk's work but most motors that are deing redone have much better components still yet then atk uses for eg: je pistons, falicon cranks, kibblewhite springs and valves, wiseco pistons, and a guy named Tim Matzcak does crank balacing and updates the rod bearing with a z400 bearing with these enhancements I have not heard of one failure yet with these updated parts. I rode the atk 450 the other night and before my brother bought it he had a thumper racing 470 z400 with high rev cdi and yoshi pipe and my stock cannondale and the new atk 450 will walk on it. Its all what you like to ride I like to ride anything with wheels but downplaying cannondale with no real knowlegde of the real truth is wrong. I dont mind good debates on these forums but bring some current facts and dont forget you own make or models faults. You cant say your machine is better or better made if they are having the same kinds of problems. Also you can thank cannondale for making yamaha and honda step and make the 450's a reality:D

rancid
05-20-2005, 05:41 PM
very nicely said, i have a updated atk with a little work done and a soon to be fully modded 02 cannondale 475 and they run awsome, the other brands will copy some things sometime soon like fuel injection, aluminum frame. but we will have to wait.

MR.BIG
06-18-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by TRX250R2nv
An 02 C-Dale. It usta be a Cannibal, but it is basically a Blaze now. I was running a Moto Map when I spanked the DS but I think the Blaze will spank it also. The secret is in the rev's. I was strill pulling second when he was shifting into fourth. with a 13 grand rev limiter on the Dales they out rev most 2 strokes and allow for a great drag machine due to less shifting. Even get a bad 3rd gear holeshot and almost stalling (the DS got about 3 or 4 bike lengths on me) I cought and blew by it easily. Dale's are plain out fast and with 40 horse out of the box they also have the most horse out of the box. acording to a gear calculator I found on line with the setup I am running it will do 90mph and that is just plain fast on dirt.:eek2:

Try quadzilla 500 they have 40 plus!

MR.BIG
06-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX

LOL that's funny!

06-22-2005, 09:51 PM
rappy 700
100 mph easily in dirtwhells with a couple of lrd mods on flat dunes

cylinder mods
gearing mods
wheel size
pipe/header/filter/jetting
lrd the works

but i think that fuel injection really turns the craptor to a raptor with extrodanary low middle and top end its really an allround great quad

even in races,open class that thing will fly just give it some suspension mods,
aarms,axle,elkas,swingarm and it will be great for open class racing.

btw i cant wait till july/august
im gonna go to the track and see if these raptor 700's are as good as yami says they are

sorry for the long post but just my .02;)

MR.BIG
06-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Just remember everybody it's not always how fast your bike is but how fast you are!

raptorrider686
06-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Its really a toss up, between the Raptor,DS650, and the cannondale. (But soon the new Raptor 700R will be the fastest)

TheJeSter1340
07-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I doubt the Raptor will be much better, if you look at YFI, it is the same as early fuel injection, the fuel is injected into the throttle body. Basically the same thing as a carb, but injected innstead of pumped.

throttle response should be better, but power is going to come from the motor mods, not the "YFI"

happyboy
07-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I was all exceited about the raptor with EFI but now I am very disappointed. Why didn't they just go ahead direct inject? Loosers.

raptorrider686
07-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Everyone has been saying oh its so much better and has much more power. Dont they have even rode one. But then again some people have rode them and said so many different answers. So really you have to rid eone yourself to find out