PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Raptor...

gate_keeper_32
11-22-2004, 07:14 PM
About 3 weeks ago, I went and rode a Raptor for the first time, and this is THE quad that I've wanted since they came out. However, after spending 10 minutes on it, I came to the conclusion that I didnt like it. It had alot of power but it fealt weid under me. It accually fealt like my old Warrior. My question is, will this machine ever feel comfortable even though my first impressions werent all that great? I am thinking about another quad to go along with my Z400 and would like to give the Raptor a shot, but I dont know anyone that has one that I could spend any time on to see if I could get used to it. What do you think?

Guy400
11-22-2004, 07:19 PM
I owned one for a while. Ton of power down low and after spending some time on it I really got to enjoy it. The biggest thing against it is it's weight IMO.

YFZ450Ridr
11-22-2004, 07:19 PM
my dad had one a year or so ago. he loved it and all but we rode alot of trails and it wasnt the best for them. if u ride in alot of open areas, fields, flats, dunes, sand ect.. then ull prolly love it. they have alot of power and all but dont have the best handling. i rode my dads and it had alot of power and speed, but wasnt chit for trails that we ride. like i said, if u ride in alot of open areas its prolly the bike for you. or you could look into a 450 too possibily.

LTandRaptorider
11-22-2004, 07:20 PM
I have had my Raptor for 3 years. Yes, it has lots of power, and I like it. However I was used to my LT250R, so the handling of the Raptor never felt real comfortable to me. I did put wheel extenders on, and thought it made a world of difference. The Raptor does feel tall and narrow, but many owners love them. The 01 Raptors had some tranny probs, one-way bearing and some axle troubles. Yamaha changed the gears and axles after the 01, not sure if they fixed the one-way bearing problem. I have an Alba pipe and Pro-Flo filter system on mine... I have said many times I would sell it, but after a ride I always decide not to! ;)

blackraptor16
11-22-2004, 07:27 PM
I thought I loved it until I rode my mans 450r - Now when I ride I feel as if I might tip over at any moment.

cletusEX
11-22-2004, 07:49 PM
My brother had one for a couple months but once he started racing he was on my 400ex every chance he got. Needless to say he bought a 400 and the raptor sat in the garage until he sold it. It was a pretty decent trail machine. Good low end grunt and reverse.