PDA

View Full Version : Piston Is Jammed Help!

440ex2001
11-22-2004, 07:10 PM
We were putting the jug back on the crankcase and the piston got pushed down inside the case at an angle now its wedged in and I have tried everthing to get it out. I have tried to turn the engin over both counter and clockwise but it wont budge. I can wiggle it from side to side but if i go one way the skirt catches the surface of the case and if I go the other it wont move becasue the piston pushes against the case. I am about to try to split the cases. Any ideas?

sparks400
11-22-2004, 09:04 PM
is it possiable to take out the cir-clip and wrist pin and move the connecting rod, and get that out of the way and get the piston

mojoe2878
11-22-2004, 09:10 PM
idk ive never had that problem before.
try to tap the top of the piston at its highest side with a rubber mallot while you turn the engine over in whatever direction that will put upward force on the piston.
i have a mental picture of what your talkin about but ive never had this kinda problem before so idk if this is gonna help or not. good luck with it man

440ex2001
11-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I loosned the bolt around the cases and it came right out.