PDA

View Full Version : throttles

fastexgirl4c
11-22-2004, 06:22 PM
what kind of throttle are you using? im using a moose throttle and everyone tells me to take it off and get rid of it cuz its junk? does anyone else think so.. i have no problems with it.. im just wondering what everyone else is using

mojoe2878
11-22-2004, 06:35 PM
i use the stock one.
if you like the moose and it is working for you then keep it, just cause someone else doesnt like something and thinks its junk doesnt mean it is.

11-22-2004, 09:29 PM
motion pro cr comp twist throttle. i love it

hondarider2006
11-23-2004, 02:01 AM
Stock throttle and cable;)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-23-2004, 10:07 AM
I have a moose throttle also, which is made by terry cable and I like it. plus it comes in colors mine is blue :)

froride1
11-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by sEX

YEAH YEAH, I have the same one and love it. Side benefit is everyone thinks I'm crazy and never ask to ride my quad.

11-23-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by froride1
YEAH YEAH, I have the same one and love it. Side benefit is everyone thinks I'm crazy and never ask to ride my quad.

i dont understand why people think it is unsafe to have a twist on a quad i had never rode a twist untill i installed mine and i got used to it pretty quickly.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sEX
i dont understand why people think it is unsafe to have a twist on a quad i had never rode a twist untill i installed mine and i got used to it pretty quickly.

I guess when you hold on with a death grip they just don't work for some people :p

brandonpeake
11-23-2004, 04:38 PM
im running a stock 450R housing and a trx90 thumb , gives you more leverage and works great

11-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
I guess when you hold on with a death grip they just don't work for some people :p

lol ya i heard some nasty stories aboot death grips on twist throttles not a good combinmation:p

cletusEX
11-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by sEX
lol ya i heard some nasty stories aboot death grips on twist throttles not a good combinmation:p

I just put one on and hope it's not going to be a problem. I keep getting thumb and arm cramps so I had to switch. I guess if I leave it on long enough i'll have to get used to it.:p

YFZ450Ridr
11-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by sEX

me and my dad both have the same ones! they work like a friggin charm. although after riding my friends 450 for a while i kinda like hte thumb too. but for aggressive riding i think a twist it 10 times better cuz ur actually holding your hole hand on the bar versus the thumb only half ur hand is on the bar :huh

Destructo
11-23-2004, 07:20 PM
probably wouldn't take me long to get used to a twist throttle considering I have been riding bikes the last 7 or so years. But I guess they do have a point about you having to hold on because of the side forces that you don't really have to deal with on a bike because your leaning and don't have to use the handles bars to keep from flying off.