PDA

View Full Version : TIVO and direct tv?

400exrules
11-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Ok i want to get the tivo deal for christmas where you canr ecord tv shows and pause them and all that, but ihave basic cable in my room with only like 60 channels, and i really want the outdoor channel so i can get the atv shows? does tivo come with more channels? do i need direct tv? can someoen give some info plz?
thanks

FasstMidnightZ
11-22-2004, 05:45 PM
ive got regular cable and i get oln (outdoornetwork) but theres only one atv show on there that ive seen srry i didnt answer ur question just thought id share

MOFO
11-22-2004, 05:55 PM
No TiVo does not give you more channels.

No, you do not need Direct TV to use TiVo. Direct TV does have their own unit with TiVo built in - the only advantage to this is that it has two tuners. This allows you to record on channel live and watch another live channel. Stand alone units will work with just about any cable or dish out there.

Think of TiVo as a computerized VCR that only records what you want or tell it to record. You cannot record channels that you do not subscribe to already. It will pause live TV for you and give you the option of rewinding or fast foward if you have buffer built up.

400exrules
11-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
ive got regular cable and i get oln (outdoornetwork) but theres only one atv show on there that ive seen srry i didnt answer ur question just thought id share

how the F did u get oln with regular, plug into wall cable? wtf....we have oln in our living room with digital cable but it has like 500 channels

honda350r
11-22-2004, 09:45 PM
The Direct TV w/TiVo is the only way to go! (Although any Tivo is good to have) If you are going to get one get the best!

Read up on DTV TiVo !

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?s=