PDA

View Full Version : K&K ATV Racing teams up with Yamaha and Curtis Sparks for 2005

Admin
11-22-2004, 05:07 PM
For 2005 K&K ATV will be sponsoring Pat Brown. Pat won the Pro am production class and the 265 Pro am class in 2004. When he jumped in the Pro Class, after wrapping up both titles, he finished 4th in his first race. He will be running the 2005 GNC MX series in the pro class on a K&K ATV Yamaha YFZ450. It will be outfitted with Gibson A-arms, Gibson swingarms, Gibson steering stems, Lonestar subframe, Lonestar carriers & hubs, Custom Axis shocks, Maxxis tires, Douglas wheels, Hinson Clutch components and Axcaliber axles. Curtiss Sparks will be supplying all of the engine work & exhaust needs.

The K&K ATV team will be traveling to all 12 of the GNC national MX races. Chris Gervais will be the mechanic and Curtiss Sparks will be tuning the engines. The team’s main sponsor is K&K ATV Racing. As of now the major sponsors are Curtis Sparks Racing, Gibson Chassis Components, Yamaha, Custom Axis shocks and Lonestar Racing. Contributing sponsors include Maxxis, Hinson Racing, Quad Tech, Douglas, Lonestar Racing, Streamline Braking, Motul, X-factor, Rausch Creek, Donelson Cycles, Fly Racing and Tag Metals.

Michael18
11-22-2004, 05:15 PM
This will be great for Pat and K&K. I look for big things out of Pat next year, he is young and has all kinds of talent and pure speed. Good Luck next year Pat

ramp rida 55
11-22-2004, 07:24 PM
thats wierd i was just at K&K the other day and the guy said haavisto is gonna be on honda next year. good for pat brown

NTPRacing#19
11-22-2004, 07:30 PM
yes i heard kandk is going Honda, or was it East coast i heard was goin honda. i dunno i get them two mixed up so easy

atvmx14
11-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah East Coast is Switching to Honda's!!

I'm glad to hear K&K ATV picking up a talented rider like Pat Thats awesome!!

Scottie Mac
11-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Funny, I heard East Coast was going to be sporting yellow next year. Hmmmm???????????????

Scott

atvmx14
11-23-2004, 03:23 PM
This was found on another website!!

"After declining a satellite team deal with Suzuki, Palm, PA's East Coast ATV announced today that they will be switching from Yamaha YFZ ATVs to Honda TRX450R ATVs. East Coast has had phenomenal success with the Yamaha YFZs this year. John Natalie finished the season with a highly respectable runner up overall score, while rookie Dustin Wimmer ended the season with an outstanding 6th place overall finish. Gil Attix managed 15th overall. "Last year it was pretty much a Yamaha dominated pro field. The Yamaha's worked excellent for us. We just wanted to be a little different in 2005, thanks to Montomeryville Cycle Center we're going to give the Hondas a try", says East Coast's Dave Gibson.

As for the switch, Gibson admits his three man pro team of Natalie, Wimmer and Attix are skeptical but look forward to the change. "The Honda is a great quad it just needs a little tweaking to make it more competitive on the motocross track. We already have a good idea what it will take to get them ready, and we're going to take the next few months and do nothing but testing to make sure we're dialed in perfectly come round one", says Gibson.

We're told their new Hondas will feature Gibson front ends and stems, Gibson swingarms, Maxxis Tires and Axis Suspension. They will feature candy blue frames and black plastic.

Amateur East Coast riders, Michelle Reiser, Freddie Reiser, Brian Tait and Chris Tait will remain on their Yamahas in 2005."

woodside83
11-25-2004, 12:51 AM
ya on another sight that east cost atv was going with honda and they would have blue fames with black plastic

TWISTED
11-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Funny, I heard East Coast was going to be sporting yellow next year. Hmmmm???????????????

Scott Me too!! Guess things can and do get changed up.

ex kid
11-25-2004, 05:12 PM
nope, Honda.

NTPRacing#19
11-26-2004, 03:48 PM
yea they def are goin honda

QuAdEr 317
11-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Michael18
This will be great for Pat and K&K. I look for big things out of Pat next year, he is young and has all kinds of talent and pure speed. Good Luck next year Pat

true