PDA

View Full Version : Hunter kills 5 and criticaly injures 3 others

JUSTINcredible
11-22-2004, 04:39 PM
this happend yesterday, you can read about it here. the hunter was trespassing and the landowner asled him to leave then the trespasser came back and killed him and others in his group.

http://startribune.com/stories/462/5099065.html

gyt-r450
11-22-2004, 04:41 PM
its crazy:eek:

SRH
11-22-2004, 04:52 PM
thats terrible....they should put him in the woods and hunt him:mad:

400exrules
11-22-2004, 04:53 PM
yup, heard about it

JR3
11-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by SRH
thats terrible....they should put him in the woods and hunt him:mad:

BOONE450R
11-22-2004, 04:57 PM
its times like that, that i love the city. the dude was hunting with a SKS:huh i guess thats for deer on the run? very very sad.

Destructo
11-22-2004, 05:00 PM
An SKS is quite popular for hunters, powerful and semi automatic.

BOONE450R
11-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Ive never see one used for that except on people. i guess the one shot one kill does not really apply, more like as Meany as you can squeeze off till it drops. wheres the skill in that? thats just me i like the 300YRD+ shots.

Honda4trax250x
11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
thats not cool:grr:

theTman
11-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
thats not cool:grr:

TheX1992
11-22-2004, 07:57 PM
This didn't happen more than 45 minutes from me. From what I heard, he wasn't using an SKS for hunting. He went back and got one I think. I was also told (I didn't read article so it might have said this) that he was also popping off people on ATV's coming to the scene. Scary stuff :eek:

JUSTINcredible
11-22-2004, 08:35 PM
just watched the news and now 6 are dead.:(

xsr_racing28c
11-22-2004, 08:56 PM
my family owns 190 acres of hunting land about 2 hours from the place it happened, and i tell you what... that scared the chit out of my when it happened... its a f******* shame that people can't control themselves enough to do such a stupic thing.... here in wisconsin, hunting is a family event and it is too bad, that these things happen.... my heart goes out to those with family members involved.

89'350RX
11-23-2004, 05:11 AM
I agree however I have seen how some landowners react when someone is on their land. Some fo those people need to calm down and chill.

Last I heard is that they do not know who shot first? could have been the landowner shooting a warning shot and the guy took that as a threat? Certainly no reason to pop off people but some of these folks are just not right.

Yes, what happened is that the hunting party radioed the cabin and told them what was happening so they got onto their ATV's and came out to see at which time they were targets for this guy.

A real shame.

Pappy
11-23-2004, 06:09 AM
the shooter was a Laotian immigrant who has a sorted past with tendencies towards violence. reports are that he went 40 yards from the men and then turned and opened fire.

there are issues developing in that region between hunters and the immigrants who cant understand the whole private property thing.

FTR250Rnif
11-23-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
there are issues developing in that region between hunters and the immigrants who cant understand the whole private property thing.
its true. :(

Shawn H
11-23-2004, 07:27 AM
I have nothing against the southeastern immigrants but in my experiernce with them they should not be allowed to just go buy a license(hunting or fishing) they should have to earn there privilges.

This fall opening bow hunting season a immigrant shoots a camo'd bow hunter in public hunting land in MN. Thought he was a critter:huh

Last deer hunting season at a State park in Wi, Im stalk/still hunting and come across a father and son and they both have what looks like mini 14 rugers or something on that sort and its a slug only zone. I tell them there hunting illegal and they say I read the regulations wrong. Of course I did I have been hunting here for almost 20years your right I said.

There is always a article in the paper for taking way to many fish too. Mn has a conservation officere that goes and teaches these people all the rules and regs too which obviuosly is not working.

I also heard that this guy had a relapse or some crap form when he fought in Vietnam dont know if thats true or not?

Pappy
11-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm

I also heard that this guy had a relapse or some crap form when he fought in Vietnam dont know if thats true or not?

i wonder what side he fought on :o

dunnonuttin
11-23-2004, 08:06 AM
what scares me is that im goin hunting tomorrow (11-24-04). but we have the most redneck huntin stand there is. its a homemade indoor stand big enough to hold about four people and has 2 swivel chairs and a long skinny window across the front to block off wind chill. open it up and stick the barrel out the window to shoot. but what makes it so redneck is that its on top of an abandoned house:p (outhouse optional). but the guy i hunt with is a cop so i dont think he would hesitate to shoot anyone that tries anything funny

JUSTINcredible
11-23-2004, 03:25 PM
he has had training with the lous (SP) military and has a record for violence including threating to shot his wife and has alos been cited for catching like 93 crappies over the limit in minnesota.

Zwanter
11-23-2004, 04:23 PM
damn chinks.............thats just not right. sorry if that offends anyone but i just dont see how anyone could do something like that.