PDA

View Full Version : Steering question

dads400ex
11-22-2004, 04:37 PM
I did not ride my R when it was stock so I need to know from you guys that are still running yours in stock form. Is your steering tight as in feeling stiff or takes some effort when you turn the bars? Mine is tight running +3+1 a-arms and just need to know if it is normal or if I should mess maybe with the caster and see if that helps.

Thanks

sunshine
11-23-2004, 08:06 AM
We had the same problem w/ mine when I put my +1 Ars FX and Custom Axis on there. Bill Ballance is checking it out Wed. We have tried changing the chamber twice. Possibly trying one more, then looking to change the steering flag to eliminate the bump steer/turning problem. I'll post when we get mine straightened out. Just curious, how much do you weigh? Thinking that has something to do w/ it.

dads400ex
11-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by sunshine
We had the same problem w/ mine when I put my +1 Ars FX and Custom Axis on there. Bill Ballance is checking it out Wed. We have tried changing the chamber twice. Possibly trying one more, then looking to change the steering flag to eliminate the bump steer/turning problem. I'll post when we get mine straightened out. Just curious, how much do you weigh? Thinking that has something to do w/ it.

Please keep me posted, I weigh 260lbs. with gear

sunshine
11-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Just wanted to let you know, Bill was up today and we've come to the conclusion that the steering stem flag is the problem. Ars FX will be making a new stem w/ the correct adjustment for people having this problem.

ms250r
11-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah i just wanted to let u know that i was running mine stock before putting it up for the year and it seemed light, not tight or anything.

dads400ex
11-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by sunshine
Just wanted to let you know, Bill was up today and we've come to the conclusion that the steering stem flag is the problem. Ars FX will be making a new stem w/ the correct adjustment for people having this problem.

What is the problem with the stem flag?