PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mustangs, Props to Ford and Chevy

Warrioreater400ex
11-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Have yall seen the 2005 mustangs? if so what do you think, THIS IS NOT A FORD IS **** BECAUSE CHEVY IS BETTER thread. this is just a question because i know a lot of you guys grew up with there being a lot of 60's mustangs that looked awesome, or a lot of 80s mustangs that had balls, this one seems to have both, i LOVE the styling and the exhaust, and i think that the 300HP v-8 will be a great engine. ive seen two in person and let me tell you they look even better in person!! i think that ford did a good job of going back to their roots with the styling!!

Ford and Chevy are both doing great jobs with making new innovative Cars and features, ford with the "road ahead", and chevy with the "american revolution" the new vette is sweet, and they redesigned the S-10 which was very very in need, Ford has made the Super Duty the Baddest heavy duty around (IMHO) with the 17,200 lb towing capacity, Beefed up Dana 60 coil sprung front axle, and the torqeshift transmission, not to mention the incredible look and prowess it has, plus the mustang and GT-40, and f-150, My favorite brand is still Toyota from experiences in reliability and off road capability, but i just wanted to give props to Ford and chevy both for stepping it up in a lot of different areas.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/launch/

bulkdriverlp
11-22-2004, 03:13 PM
them are so cool, i like the fake billit gas filler in the back. the dash lights change over a 100 different colors too. thats the best thing ford could have done with the body style, real cool

gpd005
11-22-2004, 03:15 PM
I'll second that! The new mustangs are sweet. I drove a regular V6 automatic because that's all they had while i was there. To say the least i was very impressed. I have a 1965 Mustang Convertable and it might be getting a brother real soon!

Warrioreater400ex
11-22-2004, 03:20 PM
yeah if i had the money that would definitely be my next vehicle! i even tried talking my sister into selling her new accord to get one so i could drive it haha

Bush0102
11-22-2004, 03:21 PM
i really dont like the new stang, but i like the idea of bringing back the old classics...mustang, GTO...i just can't wait until the new hemi charger comes out and spanks them all

YFZ450Ridr
11-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
i really dont like the new stang, but i like the idea of bringing back the old classics...mustang, GTO...i just can't wait until the new hemi charger comes out and spanks them all

amen to that man. i saw a little preview of the charger in car and driver and oh my does it look nice. the new stang looks awesome too. i love the hole body style. 2 thumbs up to ford.

Syrus
11-22-2004, 03:37 PM
THe v6 stangs are puttin out the same power as my dads '89 GT Cobra 5.0, pretty amazing car...

Warrioreater400ex
11-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Really? your dads 89 only puts out 210? i didnt really expect much out of the new v6, whats the torque on it, i havent really payed attention to the ratings on the v6, i know the V8 has 300 hp and 320 ft/lb of torque:eek2:

Syrus
11-22-2004, 03:55 PM
My dads stand is mint, but all stock, so i think its puttin out around 230, doesnt soound like much but it hauls ***.

Kilabanshee
11-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah I really like the old fastback style the new mustangs have. Go and throw a set of exhaust and a vortech on that baby and you'll probobly keep with a viper.