PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion on the Foreman

edz250r
11-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Hey guys... My Dad is looking at buying a 2001 Foreman (its either the ES or S). It has 175 miles, is in excellent condition and is being sold for $3900. Do you feel that this a good price?

What are your overall thoughts on the Foreman?

I dont know much about utility quads, so anything you can tell me would be appreciated! The only thing he is worried about is the 7.7 inches of ground clearance vs some of the other quads out there.

Please give me your thoughts because he wants to make a decision ASAP.

Thanks!

300exOH
11-22-2004, 12:34 PM
I have heard of a few problems with the electric shift on the ES. Other than that the only problem I've heard about is that the front differential will fight you with agressive tires. Otherwise it is a typical reliable Honda.:cool:

Bush0102
11-22-2004, 12:37 PM
the price may be a little high, but if its really low milage and in really good shape it should be good. However, i've ridden both the foreman es and the rubicon. The foreman seems a little underpowered, but it may be because of the gearing...the rubicon had loads of power and i got it up to 60 mph...i had trouble getting the foreman to 42.

its a pretty reliable workhorse, see if he'll take 3500 for it and youve got yourself a darn good deal.

edz250r
11-22-2004, 02:13 PM
$3900 includes a plow as well. I think its a good deal for 175 miles and mint condition.

Any other Foreman riders out there? Anyone have complaints about low ground clearance or dont you have any problems with it?