PDA

View Full Version : NHL Lockout ... Ending Soon???

Quad18star
11-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Ok ... I'm getting really deprived of not being able to watch any hockey on TV . And of course , the League had to lockout the players this year ... when I'm stuck at home not able to do a damn thing . :grr:

So far the lockout is into it's 9th week ... thats 246 games that should have been played to date . The League has refused to talk to the Player's Association since Sept. 9th ..... goes to show you how mule headed the people that run this League really are .

A couple more weeks of being locked out and they will not be able to run the 2004/2005 season. This is just plain retarded . Can someone that live's close to Gary Bettman's office or home . please go up to him and kick him in the nutz and tell him to take his chit to another League ..... maybe he can go screw up Bowling or Tennis or something .

Grrrrr .... sorry just had to vent . :macho

What's your opinions about this whole situation ????

Honda4trax250x
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
I hear ya man, def miss hockey. I can only imagine how much of a crisis this must be in Canada.

Bush0102
11-22-2004, 12:24 PM
I dont think there's any way there is going to be a season.:(

you would think for a league in financial trouble the leadership would be trying their hardest to get this show on the road to bring in some revenue. Poor NHL, they may not be around too much longer. We'll probably see them downsize in the near future.

That means we'll probably lose the predators if that happens.:(

Quad18star
11-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
I hear ya man, def miss hockey. I can only imagine how much of a crisis this must be in Canada.

Man you don't understand ..... we got grown men checking themselves into Mental Institutions because they are depressed that there is no hockey on TV . LOL . Ok well it might not be that bad yet .... it will happen sooner ot later though . ;)

There is however pressure from our Government to have this strike resolved . Beer companies like Molson have Commercials on TV begging to have this strike over with ..... and TSN ( The Sports Network) here in Canada is forced to air NHL games from previous seasons just because people are demanding to watch hockey .

Our Junior League ( Ontario Hockey League) has seen the most numbers of sellout games since the last NHL lockout .... It's INSANE . Every game I go to here in town is sold out .... even though our team is ranked about 9th out of 12 in their Division .

Bush0102
11-22-2004, 12:28 PM
I have a good friend whose brother is in the NHL farm system...but he has to leave the country next year to play because he doesnt want to have to deal with all the NHL bullcrap.

I'm pissed there's no hockey on TV. Hockey and football are the 2 best sports to watch, basketball and baseball are not nearly as physical and scoring is not as exciting in those two sports...

JDiablo
11-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Man i miss hockey so much,this sux stupid ***'s o well basketball or w/e i think will be next year so thats the only thing im looking forward too

Quad18star
11-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
I dont think there's any way there is going to be a season.:(

you would think for a league in financial trouble the leadership would be trying their hardest to get this show on the road to bring in some revenue. Poor NHL, they may not be around too much longer. We'll probably see them downsize in the near future.

That means we'll probably lose the predators if that happens.:(

Nooooooooo don't say that .... I want there to be a season ..... just a few games atleast . LOL :(

But I hear ya on the issue of getting back . What I don't really understand is how the League makes it's decisions as to what Cities get the teams . Figure this one out .....

Minnissota had a team .... they folded and lost their team ..... now the league gives them a team once more . :huh Does that make much sense to you??? I know it sure doesn't to me . I'll bet my bottom dollar , that this team is one of the teams that is pulling in a loss .... they can't seem to give tickets away .

Now on a business point of view , wouldn't it be smart to throw a team into a city that would support hockey?? Syracus NY has been begging for a team for years now ... Seattle is the same .... so is Hamilton here in Ontario . Any one of those 3 cities would sell out every game of the season . I've been to the Toronto Maple Leafs games , and no matter what team they are playing .... first or last in the league ... the Arena is sold out . Simple fact that the city of Toronto has hockey fans .

When the NHL brings a Team into a city where they have to put in devices to let the fans know how the game of hockey is played .... thats just not right . Cities like those are cities that are supporters of the NBA ... or NFL ... they aren't hockey towns .

I myself , would love to see the number of teams in the League drop to around the 23-25 Franchise mark ...... 30 Teams is just too much . And those 5-7 teams I would get rid of , are the teams that can't even give their tickets away . :macho

86350x
11-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Lets hope so, but its doubtful. I really wanna see some games this year too.

:ermm:

bansheeguy77
11-22-2004, 01:13 PM
i could really careless :blah: i wish it happened to basketball tho i hate basketball worse than hockey