PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride, Western IL ??

ubnpast
11-22-2004, 11:10 AM
My riding spot has been shutdown for the time being and I'm itchin to ride anywhere with descent trails and mx track. Within an hour or so of Galesburg if possible. Prefer to ride with Exrider members for the fact that most of my friends have been selling their quads.

parkers30
11-22-2004, 05:04 PM
I am in Peoria, we ride at Brushy Ridge in Astoria alot, and alot of the well known places around, badlands, St. Joe St. Parke in MO, Land between the Lakes, South fork in Taylorville let me know if you want to tag along sometime

12-05-2004, 08:44 AM
If anyone is interested there is a club ride in Astoria, IL next Sunday, Dec. 12 and I am planning on going with a bunch of people. I've never been to this club's rides, but I know 2 weeks ago that they had close to 200 people show up. I think there are a lot of 4x4's but there are also some sport quads too. The track they are riding at is Brushy Ridge MX and they are an AMA Dist. 17 track and also have a ton of woods riding that is the gnarliest stuff you've ever seen in some parts. So, if you like hillclimbs and huge jumps, this is the place for you! I will have my white enclosed trailer with the **** Tech ATV logo on the side. I will be on my Blue Houser CRF450 or Yellow 400ex. Come up and say Hi if you are there. Here's the web site to the club that is hosting the ride http://www.wciorvclub.com

ubnpast
12-07-2004, 11:20 AM
I plan to go to the ride in Astoria Dec. 12th!! Who else is going?

Eric
---------------------------
'04 450R
HRC kit

sleepin400
12-08-2004, 07:23 PM
I noticed this place is near fulton MO, is this the farmer guys property with a couple of lakes on it. I think he has like 250 acres or somthing. And there is one decent track and then some open fields he charges $5.

if its not thats fine. I just have been there and dont' care for that place. kinda small, not much of anything for trails.

I'd like to see this Astoria place too, But all my buddies have sport quads and like to race.

Would this place be good for that??
I don't want to be the only one that likes to go fast :devil:
We allways go to Flat River (St. Joes)
thanks for the info guys.

parkers30
12-08-2004, 08:49 PM
thats what I ride and this place is great for it, the trails arent real well developed yet, but the boundries are clearly marked with barbed wire, best place to ride in IL period, we park on the bottom due to fear of th hills in the rain while pulling a trailer, and we've experienced em when you pull in the drive their is a metal desk with all the info you need on, in or around it

12-09-2004, 06:30 AM
The track is a AMA Dist. 17 track, so it is up to par and if you want to go fast then come ride with me there on Sunday! Also, the trails are the most difficult in Illinois. If you like hillclimbs, then this is the place. I will garauntee you that you won't be able to climb them all. You won't be disappointed! Go here for directions http://www.wciorvclub.com

sleepin400
12-09-2004, 09:33 AM
sounds cool then, I'm a pritty new rider so I'm not a pro, but my friends are pritty decent and they like to drag alot, and hit some trails and jumps every now and then. I'm spead the word, see if they'll head that way next time.

thanks for all the info. we would be comming from st. Louis

how far do you think it is from st. Louis?

12-09-2004, 05:18 PM
I was just in St.Louis today! It is right at 2 hours from Alton, IL I would say. I'm giving you the time from Alton, IL because STL is a BIG town!