PDA

View Full Version : finally rode a 450r

mgaskey
11-21-2004, 09:22 PM
I finally rode a 450r this weekend. Man is it a big difference from my 400ex. It has so much more topend. It has a nice feel and handles really good, but man was it a ***** to start in 40 degree weather. I liked it but, overall it wasn't what I expected. Just thought I'd share my opinion

mephyst
11-21-2004, 09:45 PM
The top end is where I notice it the least. What about the rest of the power band? I notice it the most bottom to mid. Top end isn't that much of a drastic change, it just takes the ex a little longer to get up to speed. :blah:

jmpulse
11-21-2004, 10:59 PM
The 450R does not have the low end pull of the 400EX. The 400 will lug around at near idle with out much issue. The 450R, I always have to be on the gas some to keep it moving.

Of course, this might of changed, now that I have added 8hp to the R! I took it for a small test ride, and wow, whole new machine!:eek2:

roughrider01
11-22-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by mgaskey
but man was it a ***** to start in 40 degree weather.

must need to be rejetted or something.. mine never had a problem. It gets really cold up here in the UP of michigan.

Punk'd
11-22-2004, 02:44 PM
You know I really dont understand why people find it so hard to start. In cold weather I can get it on the 1st to 2nd kick almost everytime with the choke. And same in normal weather 1st to 2nd kick. Is it just me?:confused:

trout
11-22-2004, 04:36 PM
I agree, I can start it with 2 kicks with the choke in ANY weather, it gets cold at 8000Ft. in Jan. and mine starts all the time.

450R RULES! Just love this freakin bike, it is solid.

trout

6arett
11-23-2004, 01:13 AM
ya im 15 and my friend is 17 and he can't kick it and I can.. he has to ask for me to start it don't you think that's kinda sad? considering he's older and suposedly "works out" I can kick it in 3-5 kicks w/ choke on in any condition but.. im 15.. not as stong as some of you..

brandonpeake
11-23-2004, 05:24 AM
the strength thing is not the issue there is a method, i could show you but it would be hard to explain on here and take alot of room, but ill try, most peoples's first prolem i noticed is they put the middle of their foot or almost their heel on the kicker when it should be the ball of your foot, you can feel the compression cycle, its all about feel, mine starts everytime on the 2nd kick or something is wrong, usually on the first, always on the frist when its hot

6arett
11-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
the strength thing is not the issue there is a method, i could show you but it would be hard to explain on here and take alot of room, but ill try, most peoples's first prolem i noticed is they put the middle of their foot or almost their heel on the kicker when it should be the ball of your foot, you can feel the compression cycle, its all about feel, mine starts everytime on the 2nd kick or something is wrong, usually on the first, always on the frist when its hot

Could it be becuase it's a brand new 05 450R?