PDA

View Full Version : I need big time help!!!

MichaelS693
11-21-2004, 09:16 PM
ok guys... heres the deal... i need ur opinions on this... ok.. one of my ex's dad died this morning but me and her are like really close and really good friends... heres the problem... i came home tonight and told my dad (who i work for) that i needed to take off for a hour or two tuesday to go to the funeral... he started freakin out saying how the one week he really needed me to work i had to take off one of the days and if i were to go to the funeral that i would lose my job... so heres the question... its either lose my job an go to the funeral or dont go and i will have a job... if i dont keep my job i dont have a truck cause i pay the notes on it... what would you do????

oh by the way this night has been horrible... i had a wreck with my friend, lost my truck, lost my job, im sick, and my really good friends dad die.. can it get any worse?? (knock on wood)

Honda4trax250x
11-21-2004, 09:18 PM
do the right thing.

you know what it is.

HtFoxChick
11-21-2004, 09:20 PM
I would talk to him again. Maybe he was in a bad mood and give you some time off. If she's a good friend, it would mean ALOT to her, that your there. Good luck...

Big400EX
11-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Well, you make it seem like you'd rather go to the funeral rather then the job considering your saying that you lost the truck. You said you would lose the truck after you got fired cause you wouldn't have money.

I would do whatever makes you feel the best, people are looking for employees everyday and if your employer is such a jerk that he doesn't let you take off for one day to do something that will make you feel better then it's better off to be done with that person all together. Of course you could try to talk some common sense into that person, but if all else fails, you need to decide what is more important to you.

Anyway, sorry about your friends father.

MichaelS693
11-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
Well, you make it seem like you'd rather go to the funeral rather then the job considering your saying that you lost the truck. You said you would lose the truck after you got fired cause you wouldn't have money.

I would do whatever makes you feel the best, people are looking for employees everyday and if your employer is such a jerk that he doesn't let you take off for one day to do something that will make you feel better then it's better off to be done with that person all together. Of course you could try to talk some common sense into that person, but if all else fails, you need to decide what is more important to you.

Anyway, sorry about your friends father.

the reason i said i lost my truck is because im leanin towards goin to the funeral... and my employer is my dad:eek2:

Big400EX
11-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Yeah I knew that. I just didn't want to be rude. Lol

2002400ex
11-21-2004, 09:31 PM
I would go to the funeral. It would really put a smile on her face after what she has been through. But that is what i would do. Good Luck man:ermm:

JUSTINcredible
11-21-2004, 09:53 PM
I think it would pay off more to be there for your friend than any job could ever do.

bansheeguy77
11-21-2004, 10:02 PM
explain it to your dad....he cant be that much of a dick....and if he is isnt his name on your truck? if he fires you guess he gotta pay for it

mephyst
11-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah, seriously there is no way that your dad is that eff'ed up. My dad is pretty hardcore, but realizes chit happens and things just pop up that have to be taken care of. I'm sure it wouldn't kill him to leave work for a couple of hours. You sound like you are young considering he owns your truck and everything, and not trying to be rude or anything, but are you really that important to your dad's company that he can't have you gone for 2 hours? :blah: Because I work for my dad too and I know he could go a day without me. Go to the funeral.

Lgnrider424
11-22-2004, 01:09 AM
i dont know how old or big you are but this is what you do, walk up to your dad say fah-q im going to the funeral...

crday98
11-22-2004, 01:37 PM
no offense but your dad sounds like a real arsehole. i never heard of an employer threatening to fire someone because they had a funeral to attend let alone it being a relative of the employer.this is the last itme you'll ever get to say goodbye to someone. if he thinks that is reason to fire someone,imagine what kind of future you will have working for him.what if you get sick?what if you over sleep?what if you are late? it sounds like you'll probably get fired later down the road for something much less important so i would just go to the funeral. if i were in your shoes and my dad had that kind of attitude, i'd give him an attitude adjustment real quick and then tell him to get f-ed.

hondarider2006
11-22-2004, 01:48 PM
I say go to the funeral. Talk to the old man, and make him realize how much this girl means to you, and what it would mean to her if you went.

remlapr
11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
If you think you and the ex might end up back together and in a serious relationship at some point, go to the funeral no question. If you dated her for a long time (one year +) it's a tough call. If you only went out for a couple of months and she is dating someone else now, I saw go to work. Assuming you work during the day you can still go to the visitation...