PDA

View Full Version : 300 EX rear sprocket

robbo1
11-21-2004, 03:35 PM
My rear sprocket is a 38 stock and the front is 13 and im running 20 inch rear tires instead of the 22 stock...my question is to gain more (if any) top end should i go up one tooth on the rear, front or does it really matter? also...will i need a different chain size? lastly...are the aftermarket aluminum or stainless rear sprockets better? i run mostly trails and sand tracks if that helps:) Thanx

frosti108
11-21-2004, 04:19 PM
for more top speed and less acceleration, you want to put on a bigger front sprocket or a smaller rear sprocket. if you want more acceleration with a slower top speed, youll want to do the opposite.
since i have some nice power mods and i like top speed, i run a 14 tooth up front and a 33 tooth out back. but since i have this nice motor work, i still have great acceleration... :devil:

hardkoratvmxr
11-21-2004, 05:29 PM
i have that setup right now and leave the front sprocket alone and go to a 35 or 36 rear sprocket you will lose a little accelration but will gain more top end speed if you want to get close to stock go 13/36 that is what i am running and it has more top end without losing a lot of lowend power